Clad in heavy armor, a new opponent approaches! Based on the historical Churchill Crocodile, this fearsome foe excels at storming fortified positions and fighting unarmored opponents.
This tank can take a beating and still push forward. Its front-mounted flamethrower disregards the protective embrace of fortifications and unleashes devastating hellfire upon unarmored foes and buildings. This makes the Flame Tank the ultimate weapon for breaching enemy defensive lines.
But be careful when deploying your Flame Tank, it is weak against heavy armored units and air attacks. So make sure to give the newest addition to your arsenal adequate protection!
The Churchill Crocodile variant will be available for allied doctrine players. All non-allied doctrines will have access to captured variants. Do not worry, they are just as lethal as the original and come with the same capabilities and stats!
New Deployment Mechanic
The Flame Tank also comes with a new deployment mechanic. It can not be researched and produced like a traditional unit, but instead will be deployed via new Unit Cards from your inventory. Unit Cards will be available as a reward for advancing through Operations. Besides the new Flame Tank, participating in Operations will also reward you with other units already existing in Call of War. For balancing reasons, deployment of units from Unit Cards come with a set of rules:
- A minimum province morale is needed to deploy.
- Once deployed, the unit enters mobilization and cannot move or attack for a while, just defend.
- Unit levels will match the unit's research level in the game round.
- You can only deploy units in your provinces.
- You cannot deploy in provinces under attack.
- You cannot deploy over units that are mobilizing.
- Units deployed from Unit Cards must comply with the day of availability.
- The day of availability is tied to the level of the Unit Card. Higher level cards are rarer, but also more powerful. For example the Flame Tank becomes available on the following days:
- Level 1 -> Day 4
- Level 2 -> Day 8
- Level 3 -> Day 13
The new tasks and Unit Cards added to Operations make this a rewarding feature for every player in Call of War. So if you have yet to give Operations a try, now is the best time to get started!
Flame Tank speedround livestream
Excited and want to know more? Join us for our livestream on the 7th of October, broadcast live on the official Bytro youtube channel! We’ll play a flaming hot 144x speed round to showcase the new tank, Unit Cards and Operations!
Your Bytro Team!