Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• coolgame2019 -

Replied to the thread Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing.

Quote from Citizenkane: “I would like to provide a cautionary tale about how one of the biggest brand companies in US history almost ruined their company. And they still had an enormous market share when they undertook this ill conceived endeavor. New
  • coolgame2019 -

Quote from MikiRaine: “please add weather system in COW 1.5. I have no problem if the air units is OP but if we have weather system (air units cannot be deployed due to bad weather, ineffiecient tanks due to autumn rains, inefficient infantry units…
  • DxC -

Liked freezy’s post in the thread Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from C88: “My planes are getting shreed by 5 infranty and 2 ( i dunno the name in english ) armored car i guess? 5 lvl 2 strategic plane getting shreed by 7 units and its the same if i send tattics because tattics have more attack but way less HP…
  • DxC -

Like (Post)
    Quote from _Pontus_: “On unit balancing of ACs: In the old CoW you only quite recently - was it a year? maybe 1,5 years ago? - made ACs cool again. The dimw... errrm.... vast majority of players ofc did not understand their usefulness before and still…
  • nemuritor98 -

Liked Citizenkane’s post in the thread Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing.

Like (Post)
    I would like to provide a cautionary tale about how one of the biggest brand companies in US history almost ruined their company. And they still had an enormous market share when they undertook this ill conceived endeavor. New Coke was the unofficial…
  • MikiRaine -

please add weather system in COW 1.5. I have no problem if the air units is OP but if we have weather system (air units cannot be deployed due to bad weather, ineffiecient tanks due to autumn rains, inefficient infantry units due to cold winter), maybe,…
  • DxC -

Like (Post)
    Quote from JackKrel: “Hello, I've played about 20 games of CoW, so still a relative new player but it is a game I truly enjoy and I've always loved the Axis & Allies board game. I tried to limit my comments around unit balancing, but the feedback…
  • Citizenkane -

I would like to provide a cautionary tale about how one of the biggest brand companies in US history almost ruined their company. And they still had an enormous market share when they undertook this ill conceived endeavor. New Coke was the unofficial…
  • DxC -

Like (Post)
    The tone in this thread is becoming more aggressive, which we don't want to see. Please refrain from insulting eachother, thanks! Now long post incoming, sorry for that :) Quote from CzarHelllios: “I suppose another note is for someone to actually get…
  • _Pontus_ -

Quote from Citizenkane: “It's called "New Coke" look it up. ” Thanks. How appropriate! Key phrase I identified from New Coke: "It remains influential as a cautionary tale against tampering with a well-established and successful brand."…
  • Citizenkane -

Quote from _Pontus_: “Quote from Ibeses: “4 hours of playing and it is already the end of Call of War? ” Well into day 4 of the event map 1.5... Yes, indeed; I can positively confirm, this 1.5 is the final end of CoW. With the start of the BAD…
  • _Pontus_ -

Day 6 as Romania Trying to look at this as a new game and NOT a process of development that will wreck The Real CoW as most of the 'un-blessed' players love it... Do not expect a dry and cold blooded analysis from me, though. I am not like that ;) The…
  • Jordan823 -

Posted the thread Travel Time not updating while issuing command.

Thread
    I've played my games on three different computers and two mobile devices, on different data plans and networks alike, between Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge & the Steam version of the game, and I've come to the conclusion that at some point- the "Travel…
  • gusv -

Replied to the thread Who uses Tanks instead of Infantry?.

In my first few games, I leaned heavily on LT's. But after often going low on oil, I started using a mixture of both LT's and infantry- mostly artillery and AA with some AT. Add a few planes and naval units and you should be doing OK ... :)
  • gusv -

Liked Torpedo28000’s post in the thread Who uses Tanks instead of Infantry?.

Like (Post)
    I sometimes use infantry with my artillery stacks. But armour is better for defence generally as it can defend better from infantry. However, if my enemy uses lots of AT/TD then I will use infantry as my HP fodder troop for artillery. Generally I don't…
  • gusv -

Now follows Dante Bugler1.

Follow
  • gusv -

Liked Dante Bugler1’s post in the thread Who uses Tanks instead of Infantry?.

Like (Post)
    I don't use infantry all that much i morely use light tanks with some sort of anti tank along with artillery and air support, I might make one batch of infantry at the start if the game just to boost numbers.
  • gusv -

Liked KrestelGaming’s post in the thread Voting for next event.

Like (Post)
    I agree with voting. I don't want to visit the event and see Doomsday all the damn time
  • gusv -

Liked Torpedo28000’s post in the thread Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing.

Like (Post)
    There has been a LOT of discussions around AA and planes so here is my stance/take on it. I will be looking at it in a slightly different way so maybe this will change some minds/incentivise some new thinking. Enjoy the read lol I will firstly state…
  • gusv -

Liked Torpedo28000’s post in the thread Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing.

Like (Post)
    To continue my thread about early gameplay: So it is day 5 for my game now as Romania, I have the most provincesin the game (56) and had the strongest army day 4. I launched an attack into aplayer about 30 mins before the end of day 3 and so far have…