Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• pod_than -

Liked Chimere’s post in the thread vessel classes and subclasses.

Like (Post)
    Quote from K.Rokossovski: “ Rivers would be awesome, but primarily because of their function in land combat. To my knowledge, river naval power had no major impact on any battle in WW2. ” The Dnieper Flotilla had an impact on the war with no…
  • pod_than -

Liked newbgamer101’s post in the thread vessel classes and subclasses.

Like (Post)
    Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Yeah, it would be good to have two kinds of naval planes, a hard-hitting short range attack plane (think dive- and torpedo bomber) mainly aimed at surface ships, and a long-range recce plane (think seaplane) with limited…
  • pod_than -

Liked renzitormix2020’s post in the thread vessel classes and subclasses.

Like (Post)
    I know, it's highly anticipated to add a long-range recon unit, but you can't deny it, this idea here got you excited: . Seaplane mother ship, it would have a great vision capacity, it could detect submarines of the same or lower level thanks to its…
  • pod_than -

Liked Chimere’s post in the thread vessel classes and subclasses.

Like (Post)
    The face of the research tree after such a change :). - Generally, adding rivers would be so game changing that it is quite simply not possible nor even desireable. That's more material for a CoW II. - We don't need 3 type of aircraft carriers and…
  • pod_than -

Liked renzitormix2020’s post in the thread vessel classes and subclasses.

Like (Post)
    In WWII there were not only aircraft carriers, battleships, cruisers, destroyers, transport ships and submarines, they also had subclasses and each of these subclasses had its specific function, to add the following you would first have to add the…
  • pod_than -

Liked freezy’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    As was mentioned before this is mainly a balancing decision. For us gameplay and balancing trumps realism in questions like this. If we didn't do this players would be totally swimming in manpower in the lategame. From a realism angle you could perhaps…
  • pod_than -

Liked 6thDragon’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Quote from freezy: “Regarding the usefulness of unit upgrading: To take Infantry as a basic example, the cost increase from Infantry lvl1 to Infantry lvl7 is 204%. The increase in damage values from lvl1 to lvl7 is 511%. The increase in Hitpoint…
  • pod_than -

Liked freezy’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Regarding the usefulness of unit upgrading: To take Infantry as a basic example, the cost increase from Infantry lvl1 to Infantry lvl7 is 204%. The increase in minimum production time from lvl1 to lvl7 is 337%. The increase in damage values from lvl1 to…
  • pod_than -

Liked newbgamer101’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Z. Sakki: “Well if you're gonna stress on realism, that opens a whole new can of worms - Why are battleships bigger than Taiwan? Why is the northern half of Canada missing? Why are units constricted to only walking in peculiar and…
  • pod_than -

Liked Z. Sakki’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Quote from newbgamer101: “I would actually say I disagree with this premise. My first reason is that this game is heavily based in realism to begin with, and realism has been the basis of rejecting many genuinely useful or beneficial suggestions. To do…
  • pod_than -

Liked Donk2.0’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Quote from newbgamer101: “I would actually say I disagree with this premise. My first reason is that this game is heavily based in realism to begin with, and realism has been the basis of rejecting many genuinely useful or beneficial suggestions. To do…
  • pod_than -

Liked newbgamer101’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    I would actually say I disagree with this premise. My first reason is that this game is heavily based in realism to begin with, and realism has been the basis of rejecting many genuinely useful or beneficial suggestions. To do a complete 180 in this case…
  • pod_than -

Liked Z. Sakki’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Donk2.0: “The manpower feature is less about the realism of it and more about preventing mass unit spam. It's the only resource that you cannot buy using money, and it makes players have to spend extra resources on things like recruitment…
  • pod_than -

Liked Donk2.0’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    Quote from 6thDragon: “I never understood why it costs manpower to increase a level of a unit, but I do understand the resource and cash requirements. Take for instance an upgrade from level 1 to level 2 infantry. On the most basic element, an…
  • pod_than -

Liked 6thDragon’s post in the thread Manpower and Upgrades.

Like (Post)
    I never understood why it costs manpower to increase a level of a unit, but I do understand the resource and cash requirements. Take for instance an upgrade from level 1 to level 2 infantry. On the most basic element, an infantry regiment is still…
  • pod_than -

Liked Claudio NVKP’s post in the thread Sea Mines.

Like (Post)
    This would thoroughly change the game and make it more convuluted. Agree with @Donk2.0 and @RBoi200 in this case. Maybe is a callofwar 2 is ever coming out this could be executed along with cargo planes, field hospitals, coastal artillery, land mines,…
  • pod_than -

Liked RBoi200’s post in the thread Sea Mines.

Like (Post)
    I agree with @Donk2.0. To implement this, you would have to determine territorial waters, and what parts of the ocean belong to what nation. You shouldn't be able to place sea mines halfway around the world right on your enemy's coast.
  • pod_than -

Liked Donk2.0’s post in the thread Sea Mines.

Like (Post)
    There are a few flaws with this. To begin with, this would require an entirely new game mechanic, which leads to this being a bit overcomplicated and difficult to implement. In addition to that, sea mines are kind of already in the game. It's the reason…
  • pod_than -

Liked newbgamer101’s post in the thread New research: Landmines.

Like (Post)
    Quote from BMfox: “Quote from CD-Rav: “Landmines advantages: I think landmines are most effective against unarmored targets. Advantage on mountains, forest, and hills. ” That doesn't make any sense: troops have more cover in the forest and hills so…
  • pod_than -

Liked BMfox’s post in the thread New research: Landmines.

Like (Post)
    Quote from CD-Rav: “Landmines advantages: I think landmines are most effective against unarmored targets. Advantage on mountains, forest, and hills. ” That doesn't make any sense: troops have more cover in the forest and hills so the landmines would…