Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• freezy -

Replied to the thread Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing.

We can certainly discuss these principles, if you would also accept short answers or a simple "no" on some topics :) Some things we just really want to do (or not do). Quote from Hans A. Pils: “@freezy, thanks for the replies to two of my thoughts. Makes…
  • cycle9 -

Replied to the thread More Penalties.

Missed a very important, obvious and major penalty: Drop all Victory Points to zero on a randomly selected day. This is being tested in some FP games:
  • freezy -

Replied to the thread Release Notes - 2019-11-27.

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Concerning the discussion about feedback on feedback on CoW1.5: First of all, it's a gift to us players in Bytro games to have the option to discuss game features. That we sometimes get replies is the second gift. And that we…
  • freezy -

Liked Dr. Leipreachán’s post in the thread Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5.

Like (Post)
    Hiho @Tasmine, I must say I found this an interesting read :) . There is one key difference to CoW and CoN albeit Bytro are involved in CoN to some extent they are not the ones involved in final game decisions as it is operated by a sister company of…
  • gusv -

Liked FUNGUS_TE_FIRST’s post in the thread naming regions.

Like (Post)
    no like they are built in squads. operate together etc, so naming is a bit complicated, you'd need to name like 5 ships everytime you mobilised them.
  • gusv -

Liked KrestelGaming’s post in the thread naming regions.

Like (Post)
    Naming provinces seems fun, but the mods would have another thing to monitor over in case someone decides to name a province something dirty or racist :D
  • gusv -

Liked Steve_The_Tyke’s post in the thread naming regions.

Like (Post)
    Quote from FUNGUS_TE_FIRST: “carriers and battleships are single ships, while the submarines etc are groups, ( think) ” They are all built as a Single Unit - and I would never let an Aircraft Carrier sail as a single ship - made that mistake once and…
  • gusv -

Liked Ryan04px2025’s post in the thread naming regions.

Like (Post)
    Yes, I think you should check other forum post with the same suggestion. It will also go off the COW WWII topic. As fungus said, the mods will have monitor a lot of other things...
  • gusv -

Liked FUNGUS_TE_FIRST’s post in the thread naming regions.

Like (Post)
    being able to change the names of provinces would most likely add more to what moderators would need to do seeing as people would decide to name their capital province something extremely rude or racist, and the carriers and battleships are single ships,…
  • gusv -

Liked cycle9’s post in the thread naming regions.

Like (Post)
    province names are hard-wired into the map databases, very difficult to change.
  • gusv -

Liked EZ Dolittle’s post in the thread Trading Provinces.

Like (Post)
    You can only give or receive one province trade a game day. At one point there was consideration that you could not over the life of a game, trade more than 4 out or receive 4 in, but I am not sure that cap applies, or if it is a NET cap, so if I give 4…
  • gusv -

Liked Tasmine’s post in the thread Water supply/resource idea.

Like (Post)
    Maybe not add as a new resource. It can be something affects province morale. Like what Rebel Inc. does. Medical supply and Water.
  • gusv -

Liked DavidOwen’s post in the thread Water supply/resource idea.

Like (Post)
    We all know the basic resources, food, oil, rare minerals and etc. Each nation has a province or city that has the exploitable resource. One resource I thought about while in the shower was well water. Water, H20 , what ever you want to call it the thing…
  • gusv -

Liked EZ Dolittle’s post in the thread Phone vs Computer.

Like (Post)
    Interesting display. On my computer I only get half of the market's lowest row and never knew there was something below the gold bricks. I wonder if it a screen setting>?
  • gusv -

Liked VorlonFCW’s post in the thread Phone vs Computer.

Like (Post)
    Quote from EZ Dolittle: “I wonder if it a screen setting>? ” I expect so, although some of the "wide screens" can be trouble because they aren't very tall. First: Try using full screen mode. With most systems the F11 key will switch back and…
  • freezy -

Replied to the thread Let's ask a Game Designer for Call of War 1.5.

Quote from Chimere: “Thanks for the interview. What user feedback on 1.5 will you implement that was not in your initial roadmap, if any ? ” Balancing changes first and foremost, but also usability changes (some things were hard to understand). It…
  • freezy -

Liked Ryan04px2025’s post in the thread Let's ask a Game Designer for Call of War 1.5.

Like (Post)
    Hello Freezy, I greatly appreciate the fact that you check forum and spend time writing this interview. To be honest, I think COW1.5 is great. I love the stealth unit part where commandos can just go to enemy territories. One thing I want the game to be…
  • freezy -

Liked Chimere’s post in the thread Let's ask a Game Designer for Call of War 1.5.

Like (Post)
    Thanks for the interview. What user feedback on 1.5 will you implement that was not in your initial roadmap, if any ?
  • Captain Hurricane -

Liked Ryan04px2025’s post in the thread Artillery is Underrated.

Like (Post)
    I know right! That unit takes over my arty before day 15.