Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gusv -

Replied to the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Dear CoW: Please undo trade restrictions outside coalition and 10% mark up on market. I'm totally confused as to the purpose of these changes. These policies resemble old colonial Spain's mercantilism and similar policies by Soviet Bloc nations during…
  • gusv -

Liked _Pontus_’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Intermediary result of poll on diplo-changes. - 80% against the changes - 20% in favor of the changes Noteworthy: all the 3 players liking the diplo changes started playing less than a year ago (!!) ... So it is impossible that they understand - and let…
  • Nooberium -

Posted the thread Major problem - All units lost?.

Thread
    FP Game #2830244. Day 11. About 4 hours ago, ALL of my units completely disappeared along with ALL of my coalition partner's units. Have produced 3 units since then, now Army Size = 3.
  • gusv -

Liked _Pontus_’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    The reason to play THIS game (and not a ton of others like it) is its DEPTH and the CHALLENGE of mastering its many aspects to sway odds in your favor. Bytro made a name for itself by providing games with that little extra 'educational touch' and…
  • gusv -

Now follows AdrianTheStrategist.

Follow
  • gusv -

Liked AdrianTheStrategist’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    They probably intend to see how it goes first outside Frontline. But I totally agree, the removal of the ability to trade resources with any player is very restrictive. Moreover, it costs money to put a sell order, not great when your goal is to earn…
  • gusv -

Liked Hans A. Pils’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Quote from atreas1: “In coalition games, it is not uncommon that one of the members does most of the fighting while the others are supporting this member in a ratio much exceeding the 10K. ” True that this is done sometimes. But I wouldn't miss it…
  • gusv -

Like (Post)
    I have a better proposal: Remove the 10% tax from the market again and make trade of resources allowed amongst all players again... but give it a limit so one nation can only receive 10000 resources more from another nation than it gave to that nation…
  • gusv -

Like (Post)
    Quote from freezy: “With this change [disallow trade with players outside your team/coalition] we can predict better which resources a player has available, which helps with our balancing efforts. ” Have you ever seen this from player perspective?…
  • gusv -

Liked THEARBITER117’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Quote from WayneBo: “three day cool down after leaving a coalition before you can join another. if I had known that, I would have accepted all the random applications, and immediately kicked them out. ” And that's what makes this rule even worse!
  • gusv -

Liked freezy’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    You still can trade resources with members of your team/coalition.
  • gusv -

Like (Post)
    Quote from WayneBo: “The only 'trades' allowed are relations. ” Hmm, that's a totally different story, then; sorry for my last post. But it still leaves me puzzled: freezy wrote "parts of these features" were still in the game. What are these parts?…
  • gusv -

Liked Citizenkane’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Perfect example of throwing out the baby with the bath water... Or cutting off your nose to spite your face... or oh never mind... pointless!!!
  • gusv -

Liked WayneBo’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    There is a point at which making the game play more challenging instead makes it more difficult and tedious. CoN crossed that line, seems CoW is headed in that direction.
  • gusv -

Liked Citizenkane’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Spoils of war - I personally like a little chaos in my game play. Having everything overly predictable is lame. In a real war a losing country may burn their crops, send their wealth to another country, send arms or tech to another country. Taking away…
  • gusv -

Liked freezy’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Reasons for these changes were given plenty already by BMFox, thanks for that :) One of the most important reasons, which was not mentioned yet, is that these changes make it harder for multi accounters, wolf packers and account pushers. Of course the…
  • gusv -

Liked WayneBo’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Prohibited trade between different teams/coalitions: What exactly has been implemented? If ONLY trade between a coalition member and a member of a different coalition is prohibited, I would really appreciate such a…
  • gusv -

Like (Post)
    10% tax: Do I get it right you now have to pay 10% tax if placing an offer on the market (currently trying to get frontpioneer status back, so I have to ask)? But not in direct trades with another player, yeah? That would be extremely bad. I always…
  • gusv -

Liked atreas1’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    It really makes me wonder, as all these make very little sense to my simple mind. Since the loot for capturing a province depends on the province's daily production, what difference does it make this tax? Obviously the only thing affected is the cash in…
  • gusv -

Liked BMfox’s post in the thread New Changes are BAD(Beta).

Like (Post)
    Quote from AdrianTheStrategist: “The change I don't agree with the most is the prevention of the trading of units. What's the purpose of changing it from the 10% of total armies limit? How would this improve the game? Unless it's to remove all the…