Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 81.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Nn gg: “what kind of a joke is this?! This is my capital ive checked, literally all are falling. DC is now 32, some of my cores are 27 What’s going on? ” I didn't have time to read through all of the post past this one where you posted a core province pic with the morale penalties. Hopefully newer players have time to read through this wall of text. A major part of this is your doing and within your control and I will provide some tips. I will go over the stuff that has changed recent…

• @RiverWolf74 Your right in that a particular match would be unplayable for those on a schedule that cant play during the games live hours. The players would need to be clearly notified of the freeze period before they joined. I would love the peaceful sleep. I just played against a buddy who is 8 hours later time zone than me, and It was very disturbing for both of us because a huge advantage is given to who is willing to sacrifice sleep. I mostly slept a good 6-7 hours, but it was still a distu…

• Its off topic, but the freeze at night idea is a brainstorm idea originally posted in my think outside the box brainstorming topic. The topic got fairly little timely discussion and my ideas were supposed to be just conversation starters. I would have loved it if Freeze responded to it. This was just an idea to help me fit COW into my personal competitive nature, yet allow me sleep and not to get banned from COW by my wife. I can see that idea as being a problem that splits people into groups of…

• With the changes in how AI respond to relations changes and the seeming slowdown of how fast they rebuild capitals, AI farming is less "optimizable". Even the changes in market mechanics have changed the possibility and speed of weaker AI rebuilding capitals. AI seem to post trades at the upper ends of the Buy and Sell spread, but not accept existing trades that they need to get the materials needed to rebuild capitals (anecdotal only, AI market mechanics should be illuminated by devs) In COW 1.…

• CoW 1.5 balancing changelog June 2020

FinnDaddy - - News

Quote from MarcusCole: “Quote from Islandboy: “just the overall game is just too slow, when you research a unit, then it takes a lot longer to produce wish I would have know that in advance, way too many rebellions causing you to lose momentum and going back to take care of, and why to countries you are not connected to and have no business with deceide to start war with you causing your morale to decrease? I have tried this 1.5 game twice, just don't like it, it is like playing a totally differ…

• This has only happened to me at a frustrating level in internal alliance matches and alliance VS matches where the pressure makes it worth while. It rarely occurs in public matches other than a one shot hit and run because it is fairly tedious and not worth it if there are economic and tech advantages that outweigh any gain of free arty shots. That said, it needs to be fixed because, with some changes, this game could have a "pro" or "sport" segment of play and reduce the importance of micro man…

• No it doesn't instantly return fire. Take any equal range arty battle where both start out ready to fire, their timers are slightly different. It can be 15-30 secs different and enough to hit and run.

• When attacked by artillery of the same range, artillery takes 15 or more seconds to return fire. During this time, the offending artillery can retreat out of range. Unless you are watching and time it perfectly, you cannot usually cannot do anything about it besides tediously leave the fort and try to chase them. This is usually an unacceptable risk for someone who cannot watch full time and is under siege, so you just stay in the fort. This happened to me for 36 hours strait by someone using a …

• Quote from Balhog: “Got an interesting surprise from 1.5 combat. Apparantly 1st level Infantry units can sink Cruisers. Keep in mind that an infantry unit in early world war 2 carried the equivelent of today's hunting rifle as a weapon. The infantry actually go into the water and block the cruiser from existing, like a sub. Doesn't make a whole lot of historical combat sense, but hey, if that's the new rule, it changes a lot. ” I learned that one fast, the AI did it to me and my DD and a Cruiser…

• CoW 1.5 balancing changelog June 2020

FinnDaddy - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “And never creating a painful situation where you either can't use your economic resources (due to lack of manpower) or can't use your manpower (due to lack of economic resources). These situations are always very dissatisfying and it would be good to make them impossible with the above changes. ” I really like what Hans is saying, especially with regard to manpower cost of different units. If I am low on manpower, I can produce units that don't use a lot and don't have …

• Manpower: Both friend and foe in the 100 player map complained of manpower. After the first several days, I always had enough of each resource to build what ever units I wanted until manpower ran out, and then build more industry through out my core provinces, even not producing. Because I was at first enthused about upgrading, this might mean only producing units in 3 cities at a time due to the high manpower cost. After I had lev 5/3 Industry in all core resource producing provinces, I never r…

• Leveling up units: I don't like the way units level up in a standard 33% boost to everything, 10% speed, increase manpower (with some exceptions such as lev 3 armored car gaining the ability to detect stealth or higher level air able to land on carriers). This leads to a breakdown in the a asymmetric warfare ability that is prevalent in 1.0, especially when you get to large armies, facing stack damage limits, and availability of advanced units. For example, even giants stacks of heavy tanks are …

• I understand there will be some revolt and morale tweaks in the future, that's good and needed. I just played a 4x 100 player COW 1.5 map, regular speed 100 player 1.5 map, as well as a regular speed 22 player 1.5 map, and there are major issues. For one, strength does not prevent revolt properly in all cases. Early game, I had an Axis motorized infantry level 2 with the strength of 15 fail to prevent a revolt in a city(BONUS TERRAIN) and actually switch to my opponents team. Major, major blow t…

• I am confused about COW 1.5s SBE. For one, If I click on a stack of 12 enemy interceptors, it says SBE of 100%. If I have 10 Interceptors and 10 Tac Bombers, does it do the same damage as just 10 planes of what ever does the most damage? What if there are different stacks of infantry, light armor, and heavy armor? Which of your planes would attack? Most of all, If I am patrolling multiple armies of 10 units each in the same patrol radious, do each of those armies retaliate against me, or just th…

• #the more stats the better

• I think an after action report would be critical to a viable game. It does not have to be in the news, but should be given to the combatants.

• Thats true, I have been given sharemap and ROW by AI without even asking for it in a map where I was the most loved. But also they have declared war for simply being on the most hated list.

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

FinnDaddy - - News

I had some things that need to be fixed or considered on COW 1.5.2 posted earlier in this thread, but I wanted to stress that the main frustrations initially were about how different it was. It was different, but also refreshing in many ways, such as the early game speed. Strategy and tactics gave an even more huge advantage to skilled players, which was great. Naval units were awesome and I could create a map leading naval fleet out of a single naval yard. I made it a point not to further resea…

• Good Idea, also eliminate the alliance size limit. But also we need to be able to mute/block players or anonymous messages and posts. It would be nice to be able to quickly see who is still playing out of the many players I have joined forces with on individual maps and have an easy way to communicate much easier way to put together big team matches (or roll play for those interested) My Alliance is full of mostly inactive players, and even I take months off from time to time. Its a struggle to …

• Server down again...

FinnDaddy - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from Zimbrisor: “and the problem is that i can login but i can not give any orders... but the enemys i see they have change some routes... so wtf?!?! some of us can login and some not??? ” I am in a game and was able to make three moves, but I had to click it and wait a few minutes several times to get it. Don't get click happy. Market does not work and I am trying to avoid moves unless absolutely needed. The day wont change and my timer delay that had me taking an AI capital five minutes …