Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 156.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Quote from f118: “Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Talking about details (since, as it seems, details are all you're willing to change in your original CoW1.5 plans): All in all, I think the doctrines are already well balanced (apart from the issue they create with K/D, which will make players who care about K/D never pick a Comintern country... since those who care about K/D usually are the more successful players, I expect the winner to be seldomly a Comintern country). And there are a lot of bonuses…

• New Features in CoW 1.5

VIRVCOBRV - - News

So how exactly does paras reembarking work ? Can they start reembarking immediately after jumpring or does the deoplyment timer first have to deplete for them to be able to reembark ?

• New Units in CoW 1.5

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Will attack bombers be able to use carriers like high-level tactical bombers can ?

• Release Notes - 2020-05-19

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Could we get a list/update on which bugs are currently being looked at ?

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Quote from Chimere: “I really don't think that applying bonus and malus BY UNIT in a given doctrine is a good idea. I actually think it is a bad idea for two important reasons - It means that some countries are just way better (or worse) than other with some units, which means that instead of choosing what you are going to research depending on your natural resources, on your neighbours own research and basically on your strategic situation, you will do the research depending on your doctrine st…

• New Unit: Marines

VIRVCOBRV - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from WarOnTheMoon: “Guys,You're missing the point! It's not about if we're making it "like CoN" or if it will be "worth the investment" It's about Honoring the Marines of The Second world war! Don't you think it's unfair that, they have no role in this game yet? What, Do you think we fought off the Japanese with Just The Army? Heck, we wouldn't have made much progress in The Pacific if we only use the army. Don't get me wrong, I thank each and every man who signed up and did his duty In al…

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Quote from Torpedo28000: “The doctrine bonus is for the specific for the terrain bonus a unit gets. So for example armour has +50% bonus in plains. With Pan Asian doctrine it becomes +75% bonus in plains. I believe in 1.5 every unit or majority of units now have bonuses for different terrains. ” Ok but do all units receive the terrain bonus ? Because some units such as AT cannons don't have an inherent terrain bonus, so which bonus do they then receive ? None ? Also, pan-asian light tanks receiv…

• Limiting the idea to ships is meh, but introducing supply lines in general could be a very interesting concept. For example you could make it so damaged units don’t heal unless resupplied.

• You can search for it in the search bar it’s no older than a day or two

• Quote from Little Racoon: “I think the manpower thing is realistic (except for the tiny countries which get city-like manpower production for every province like Tanna Tuva, Yemen, Oman, etc) but I agree with your point. I'm struggling to churn out even one inf a day. ” I know it's realistic and meant to reflect the size of your country. It's just that for some countries it's so low that it becomes impractical for gameplay reasons rather than immersion reasons.

• So lately I've been trying out the All In mode quite a bit. I'm having fun playing as small countries and seeing how well I can do with them. However, one element of this mode has been bugging me profoundly and that is small countries' manpower production. The manppower production rate for small countries is much too low. I know that small countries are supposed to start with small armies and not develop hordes of units from day 1, but the current state at which some countries' production is is …

Quote from Balhog: “Quote from VIRVCOBRV: “Quote from Balhog: “Marines would be a good addition. I did have two experiences with Paratroopers in COW. I found them to be completely useless. You can't get them to a front, which is the only reason to use them. Their range flying is way to short. They can not even reach the air fields I already had in place for Fighters and bombers. So you end up having to 'march' them into battle instead of dropping them behind lines. Need to increase the range of …

Quote from Balhog: “Marines would be a good addition. I did have two experiences with Paratroopers in COW. I found them to be completely useless. You can't get them to a front, which is the only reason to use them. Their range flying is way to short. They can not even reach the air fields I already had in place for Fighters and bombers. So you end up having to 'march' them into battle instead of dropping them behind lines. Need to increase the range of this unit. Otherwise, unless I"m doing some…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

VIRVCOBRV - - News

"Accurate" is a big exaggeration. But powerful, sure. There are many accounts of the terrifying effectiveness of anti-infantry use of rockets on several fronts, and not just the Eastern one.

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Players will just strictly choose the combination of their favorite country as well as doctrine. The change creates the risk of making strong countries even stronger by exacerbating their playstyle. On the contrary, especially for smaller countries it is crucial to build up an army quickly early game. However, smaller countries stuck with, say, the Axis doctrine, will be unable to keep up as a lot of crucial research for early game isn’t even available to them, and will get conquered by day 2 by…

• Quote from Killer8282: “I might join another all countries all in as Switzerland, but I’m not sure where to start as swiss, who do you attack first? ” I would ally with 1 or two of your neighbors, say Italy and Germany, and attack the third (France). I imagine Switzerland is a rather "safe" small country to pick (speaking in relative terms of course) as its not that attractive of a target

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Watch as Communist countries win every game by flooding enemies in body masses as soon as the update hits

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Quote from blue44elephant: “The devs actually did their research and then added these. If they allow everyone to chose their doctrine then no one will play certain doctrines and their work will be gone to trash. ” That's just limitative of players' options, aside from indirectly admitting some of the doctrines will be underperforming lol

• Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from VIRVCOBRV: “By the way, what are some good underdog countries some of you have had success with ? By that I mean small countries not mid-tier ones like Brazil. I'm currently trying out South Africa and it's not too bad, but the ressources suck. ” Portugal can be fun, if you befriend Spain. Switzerland and Afghanistan are also enjoyable. Generally any of the South American countries (7 are what I could consider "playable"). Egypt is a big one, I've had a bla…

VIRVCOBRV - - News

It would be much better if we could just choose the doctrine we wish to go with. Forced doctrines assigned to certain countries are just stereotypical.