Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 623.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alright, so first some context. We should all know that when your popularity drops to a certain point, AI can give trade embargo or even declare war. This is an incentive that stops players from attacking without declaring war, and I say is a pretty good feature. However, I have found something recently. I'm currently playing in a 22p tutorial as Communist Russia, and last night, while I was sleeping, the nearby AI Ukraine declared war on me and attacked me as my popularity was at 21%. Now, in t…

• In 1.0, any level tac can probably defeat even high-level tanks (due to their low aa capabilities), but in 1.5, I noticed, a tac lvl 2 cannot defeat an AC lvl 4. The rise in stats on all aspects, including aa, makes land units less vulnerable to aircraft in 1.5, which is a thing that I like. Now, granted, high level aircraft in 1.5 are still devastating, but the ground units are not as helpless as they are in 1.0 and requires more air units to take down due to their increasing hp over level.

• Comintern is deadly if used correctly, but the same applies for other doctrines... just that it's easier to master Comintern. I've only played Comintern once in a 22p, but I was surprised at how reliable they are despite the fact that they deal less damage. Perhaps they aren't as fast as Pan-Asia (my favorite doctrine), as tanky as Axis, or as cheap as Allies, but the point that I can sustain a huge army that isn't fragile is pretty powerful. In Pan-Asia, activity is everything. Your speed and v…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Yeah, that's very irritating. Too many players just drop out after some minor setback, or even just running into opposition. I never thought I'd say this, but a huge amount of CoW players lack the stomach for an actual fight. ” This is true, and I find myself in some of those situations too. Although, as you can see in my quote, I really hate giving up, but sometimes I just do for various reasons. Sometimes I would lose a decisive battle and give up, sometimes I would …

• First off, this is a really deadly weapon, but gold shaming is a legitimate reason to get the player reported, so if you feel you are being shamed, report the player. Second, it's usually very difficult to accumulate evidence that one has used gold, so you could use that as a strong argument (not that it will help you in gaining moral high ground). Finally, gold is and will be a very sensitive and controversial topic among players, but gold shaming WITHOUT EVIDENCE will backfire. This is like th…

• Quote from Nn gg: “Quote from SoulReaper: “Little Raccoon when u meet a guy (cough cough East Montana cough cough) and he threw his units at you, you learnt to throw your units at him. Classic ” nah not really. Don’t throw your units at him. Wait for him to come. Most ground units in 1.0 are defensive. Some are neutral(AT and DE same power). But only commandos and ranged units are Attack units. ” What counts is I beat him with a good casualty rate (hehe).

• However, battles at sea are a totally different thing. When I look at news, it just says "(Ocean/sea name): the (destroyed unit) has been destroyed." If it was a convoy instakilled by a sub, I wouldn't know the exact site even if I was online as I don't have my eyes glued to every single unit.

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “A frequent complaint in tutorial rounds is that the players are “waiting for something to happen” without realizing that they need to seize the day. I have always learned something by engaging in combat with a more experienced player. Having experienced players in a tutorial round is indeed an excellent tutorial. ” Not too out of my league but a very strong challenge is what I like. I was lucky when I played the first game no one was really a planes user, so I learnt first…

• Paratroopers 1.5

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

So to clarify how to use paras: To move them across airfields, use them how you would with airplanes, and they would move like airplanes. However, to use them to attack a province, you press "attack" then direct to some enemy province within that range. The paras would then fly to that province and promptly convert into the soldiers, not the plane. That's when the delay starts ticking, and the rest you should know. Note: if the province is empty, you would just capture it before the delay (I thi…

• Army Bar Update

Little Racoon - - News

Quote from BladeFisher: “Agree. The two major things wrong with it is its style looks 21st century not 20th century and it is so much harder to move things because it is so big. ” Adding on to this, perhaps the size could be adjustable? I just found the buttons on the top are kind of an extension of the bar, so I sometimes can't drag the troops to places just above the bar.

• Paratroopers 1.5

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

First, if paras only need 15 minutes delay, it would make them far too op (as their ability to land behind enemy lines is quite strong, so the long delay time is used to balance it). Second, the devs have already, or close to implementing, reduced the time from 15 hrs to 12 hrs. Third, you need to complain politely. No dev will listen if you word your complaint with such arrogance. Paras are quite useless in general, but in specialized situations, they can prove to be quite useful. Time your lan…

• Quote from GGBugh: “The only thing I would add to this is that in 1.0 you have the ability to greatly increase your resource output. If you build IC, infra, and nb you get a whopping 130% increase to core production (except non-core is lowered to 25%). This means that when you're in a pinch you can just wait a while and increase resource output... That sort of transfers to 1.5, although I really believe they should make it 130% and not 100%... ” But note in 1.5 there are double resource producti…

• Quote from TotallyIncoherent: “Why can lvl 100 + players join tutorial games? Games potential brand new players get thrown in lol. The alliance ghost pirates had atleast three members out ready to club some noobs. ” Level does not equal to skill, although I would agree on the point that it may be too much of a learning curve for the newbies if they do come across one.

• Army Bar Update

Little Racoon - - News

I'm still trying to adapt to the new army bar, but overall, it's a pretty good update. I especially like showing the speed on the side. Although many players like me may have memorized the speeds of certain troops, having them on the side still helps a lot in predicting if I could outrun an opponent.

• In that case, I can give some calculations (note all calculations are done for CoW 1.0 as no matter the level, resource and hp are the same, which simplifies things): Infantry: Costs 500 food, 750 goods, 1.3k mp, 750 money. HP: 15 Which means for every point of health, it costs 33.3 food, 50 goods, 86.7 mp, and 50 money. Militia: Costs 250 food, 250 goods, 1.3k mp, 500 money HP: 15 For every hp, it costs 16.7 food, 16.7 goods, 86.7 mp, and 33.3 money. Motor inf: Costs 350 food, 750 goods, 1k mp,…

• Quote from PresidentStu1: “I was talking strictly about an historical map setting. ” Ah, then in that case, it would be a pretty good idea.

• Quote from bigboss_ironfist: “Overall strategy respondents to COW gaming have almost unanimously ensconced the originality of COW, COW 1.5 has alot of work to be done, it is never to be considered the better way and only subjugated to by the COW players, both young & old. ” I'm not a big fan of CoW 1.5, but I believe both versions have their strengths and weaknesses. To simply call one better than the other is probably an oversimplification.

• Quote from PresidentStu1: “At any rate, victory conditions would depend on if goals are met; conquest of the map for the Axis, and liberation of the map, and the defeat of the Axis for the Allies. Just a few thoughts. I doubt if any of my ideas would work, but I thought i'd put them out there. Please, be open minded, and don't tear my ideas down, just because you don't agree. If you don't agree, that's fine, but don't put me down as stupid just because you don't like my suggestions. They're just…

• Obviously, 1.0 is slower-paced than 1.5, and on the surface, have simpler mechanics. Also, infrastructure allows for more production of resources in 1.0, not 1.5. For a good transition, you have to first have: patience. Unlike in 1.5 where battleships can literally appear by the end of day 1/early day 2, in 1.0 you have to slowly improve your overall army strength. Then, there's the uniformity of HP. No matter how high lvl a unit is in 1.0, their HP remains the same. Which means only by mid-late…

• Um... first off, I'm not really good at math. Second of all, can you please clarify? Do you mean balancing production of resources, or balancing production of units?