Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 233.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newspaper Overhaul

T-3PO - - Suggestions / Criticism

So I've been thinking about ways to change the game, and in my almost three years of playing, the one thing I haven't see touched is the Newspaper, besides the addition of Most and Least Popular Nations. A couple of these ideas I'm gonna put here I've seen from others, so I'll try and give credit. The rest I made myself. - Mute Button/Articles Limit Quote from Road2Victory: “I don't know if this has been brought before, the option to disable newspaper notifications. Is that possible or has it be…

• Quote from JesterTheSheep: “When you enter a coalition with other players, each of you has signed a little treaty with one another to cooperate with, aid, and support the others. Backstabbing is a sign that you cannot - and will not - be trusted. It shows you have no honor, that you don't care whether or not your allies are on your side. It's one thing to take over an ally who isn't carrying their weight, but to take over an equal solely on the grounds that you had the option to is a massive blo…

• Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “I always expect to be backstabbed so I leave units in place to defend against it, which usually means I don't get backstabbed. Leaving yourself open invites it. Once you have proved yourself to your allies, the threat diminishes but never goes away completely. It is hilarious when a coalition that is full wants you to "help them out" and they can't understand why you say no, knowing that they just want to set you up for them to, to quote the Borg, assimilate you in…

• Quote from WarOnTheMoon: “There is always trouble in the news paper, and when you tell the troll to stop,he insults you even more. It's pointless to engage in a confrontation on the News area. For some people, Like me, can't stand the large number of posts,so you either Have to read it or you have to waste your time constantly clicking the news paper so the Notifications go away...So this is a good idea,especially in World at War. I Hate when 50 people and fight and what not. ” The problem is wh…

• Quote from Road2Victory: “I don't know if this has been brought before, the option to disable newspaper notifications. Is that possible or has it been done? Or you can limit how many posts article can be posted per day? There has been a lot of spam in newspaper lately I have been seeing then normal. I just wanted to see if that would happen. ” I like this idea. I normally just play coalition matches with my friends, but when I do join normal matches, the amount of useless spam just annoying and …

• Always 4x speed games

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “No one is asking for 4x speed on ALL games; the OP asked for 4x games to be available more often (ideally always), a request I fully support. It is sad to lose players who favor a fast game because it is simply not available. These games can be very intense, which is exactly what some people want... especially for holidays or corona lockdowns. It is frustrating when these don' t coincide with the whims in Hamburg. And if it is too much for you, simply don't join them. …

• Quote from Little Racoon: “Why would you think so? Soviet belongs to Comintern, and all doctrines are decided on the historical realities of the time. So no, Soviets cannot be Axis. ” Do you have any idea if it has been implement yet or when it will be? Just wondering.

• Quote from Little Racoon: “Say that to Churchill, who couldn't even move his fat body much in Parliament (lol, just a joke) ” Lmao

• I don't think this is the greatest idea. Is it really that hard to protect a convey with a destroyer or a sub?

• Quote from eruth: “Quote from T-3PO: “Leader Unit With all these new updates, CoW should really add a new "Leader" Unit. It's actual name would be the Position of the Leader of the country you're playing. (Hidden Content) The Leader's properties would be as follows: - A leader is automatically spawned into the Capital at the start of the game. - A province the Leader is in would receive a 10% morale boost, and provinces in a certain radius of it would receive a 5%-7% moral boost, depending on ho…

• Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Losing a leader doesn't always negatively effect a country, and adding a leader unit to the game is not a good idea, in my opinion. This isn't chess, it's war ” You're right, but it's just adding another level of strategy to the game, and it would be really helpful on the bigger maps where moral can be in the tank in far away provinces.

• Quote from Teburu: “so basically a moving infrastructure? seems pretty useless to me ” More like a moving Fortification.

• Leader Unit With all these new updates, CoW should really add a new "Leader" Unit. It's actual name would be the Position of the Leader of the country you're playing. (Hidden Content) The Leader's properties would be as follows: - A leader is automatically spawned into the Capital at the start of the game. - A province the Leader is in would receive a 10% morale boost, and provinces in a certain radius of it would receive a 5%-7% moral boost, depending on how close it is. - The Leader would be v…

• Dumbest Rule Ever

Alright, I'm in a game with my friend, and as the "co-owner" of the game, I opened a conversation in a group chat on my phone with my friends. We all agree not to allow gold. So, In a game STRICTLY WITH MY FRIENDS (not public at all) I made an announcement in the newspaper banning gold use. Then, a couple days later, I get this completely bulls**t message from Bytro Administrators. This is the dumbest rule ever. I didn't speak ill of the game, I just made made a newspaper article banning gold. A…

• I only have militia in major cities.

• The New Call of Gold

Call of War hasn't changed really. The best way to defeat a gold member is before they get rockets

• Unrealistic daily oil upkeep

T-3PO - - General Discussions

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “First, Bytro would have to implement this - keeping track of where units go isn't as simple as it seems... the can merge and split, suffer battle losses or be repaired, be composed of several types, etc etc. Weeks of programming, prone to contain bugs which are impossible to detect (are you REALLY going to keep track of all that yourself?) Second, the effect is marginal. Most people move their sexy stuff around anyway; and why should you be rewarded for standing in the…

• Lower the Research Cost

I only have a surplus of good and grain. I would think that many people would run grain fast, and I'm playing with a ton of 1st timers, which generally produce a s**t ton of troops and don't turn off barracks, however the person who was my main buyer has since fixed their grain problem

I build an industrial compex in every original capital I capture. It helps me protect my empire and have multiple key producing provinces.

Okay. I'm Germany in a 10 player game. I'm always strapped for rare materials, and I can't really get an rare material provinces any time soon, cause I've basically expanded as far as possible, right now. I've built infrastructure in my province that produce rares, but I can't get production above 150/hour. That would be fine, if I wasn't researching all the time. I have to choose between building up reserves so I can actually afford to build industrial complexes, or researching stuff. Research …