Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 445.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have some additional info for players that see a problem in relying on planes to early. Quote from DoctorDR1: “ Your biggest concern in 1.5 is resources, so you can't waste them by constructing every single building in every single province. Instead, I like to construct each building in a different province. In your border provinces, construct Fortifications and Bunkers. ” The first thing is very true, after all even your army are resources. I would heavily advise against the second thing you …

• Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Yes, though I figured it was made clear by the tags. ” I could not see the tags on mobile and I don't think expecting a subject to be in the title or introduction is all that alien. I do not know if I agree with your article. Many players already do not like how skewed the odds are in the 25player historic map. I won 3 historic maps, once as Romania, once as Nationalist China and once as Soviet Union but the difference between playing these countries is quite big. Pla…

• If you are playing as UK then stopping any ships coming in is not a bad thing. It is not likely they will be coming for sightseeing. As for defences, and also attacks, yes activity plays a role in the game, even with high command. If you know a player has high command you can just send in a 'useless' unit to draw fire and then move in you own ranged units to take out their ranged units. Then order them out of range and start over again. Activity is the main contributer to tactical success. Strat…

• Talking about the historical map I suppose?

• Quote from GrandEmpire: “Also I actually prefer building a massive Battleship force (not recommended) so I can look cool. But they can be useful, and I think the game UNDERstrenghtened them a bit ” To me it does not look cool but it looks more like you wasted a lot of resources. Having a massive battleship force is not recommended in any situation. Even if you do find yourself in a situation to use battleships to your advantage every battleship needs protection. Having 5 battleships for me usual…

• Quote from bigboss_ironfist: “Solo victory on zero gold? Who is out there that has achieved this? Was it difficult? Did you ever consider forfeit? How long did it take? Did you make a coalition. or become a part of one to make advantage? ” Out of my 16 solo wins I am sure that at least 15 were won with zero gold use. I tend to only use gold against other players that use gold to inflict more damage/cause more losses. Pretty sure also I have not payed for gold since I am out of my rookie fase. In…

• Quote from z00mz00m: “Not sure about 1.5 but in 1.0 all you really need is subs and naval bombers. Naval bombers to kill destroyers, subs to kill everything else. When in doubt (combined stacks) then go with subs. They are cheap to produce, cheap to maintain, stealthy, and strong. ” Same in 1.5, does depend on what you want to do though. Below are my own recommendations to run a fleet in 1.5. If all you want to do is defend from naval invasions then yes, naval bombers and subs is the cheapest wa…

• Production levels

Edepedable - - General Discussions

Hmm weird, that puts me out of ideas. Do you have pics? Perhaps that helps figuring it out.

• Production levels

My guess would be that he has higher morale in his provinces. He probably conquered one or more capitols? That would make the morale in his provinces higher. Every time you conquer a capitol your provinces get a 10% morale boost and production is tied to morale. On a new map your morale starts out at 70% so if you capture enemy capitols early on that gives a advantage to your economy.

• Retreat function?

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

I would personally not be happy with a possible retreat from direct battles. It takes away the biggest counter you have when facing someone that uses gold. By locking their troops in a battle you can bomb them with a LOT of artillery and thus have a win here and there by taking out their troops. If the enemy can retreat and then heal up the leftover troops with gold, using gold would have an even bigger advantage than it already has. Don't fight battles you can not win, that is as good as it sho…

• Quote from freezy: “On the offense Light Tanks are as good as Armored Cars vs. Infantry, but are much better vs. Light Armor and also moderately better against heavy armor. ” At the moment this does not hold true, armoured cars are in fact better against infantry on the offense. Level 1 armoured cars do 3.5 damage against infantry on the attack where light tanks do 3.1. (Axis). Level 2 armoured cars do 5.8 damage against infantry on the attack where light tanks do 4.6 (Axis). I think I understan…

• Quote from gablgorthegreat: “<p>So, I made a suggestion about mortars I think a few months ago. I have looked at my criticism and have now come up with a way better unit. Instead, it would be a 50 person group that has 5 hitpoints. they are (obviously) way faster than artillery but with much shorter range. I also think that, when you produce them, it should actually produce 3 units of 50 so that you can spread them out. They will have 7 levels including blueprint one Their attack and defense for…

• Yes! best case scenario! To make it even better, send your rockets 1 by 1. The first rocket will destroy the airport and after that your other rockets will hit the grounded aircraft as convoy units. Very effective! Be careful that this goes for rockets and NOT flying bombs as the latter can be shot down. The idea is that grounded aircraft can still defend their base since they are 'at the base'.

• Furthest I have been is level 3 and at that time it was half an hour. No idea if it was more before or less later though.

• Research limits

Quote from OutsiderJoe: “It would be cool, if you can research into Cold war era equipment ” You can! In 1.0 there are nuclear powered ships, and also the higher level units and especially the elites are right after the 2nd world war equipment. And how about the nuclear weapons! I'm pretty sure nuclear weapons did not get thrown around in WWII as much as they are in Call of War

• Foreign troop unit

Quote from OutsiderJoe: “For example: Lets say Turkey's ally Italy, is being invaded by France. Turkey doesn't want to declare war with France because he is too strong, but he still wants to support his ally Italy. What does he do? ” If Turkey and Italy are allies and France attacks Italy, Turkey should help Italy if needed. If you are working together your allies core is just as important as your own. If France is too strong for the both of you, the two of you should look for more allies. Howev…

• Quote from Napoleon~Reborn: “No, I managed to get funds from all the other countries to fortify my Japanese base and I launched an attack to disrupt the enemy and capture their capital to lower their morale.f12605f3-83fc-46a8-9ca0-b00359dea1e5c3a0b301-db56-47af-9751-50b998e5120e ” Doing guerrilla tactics can be helpful to help out your coalition to make a difference and perhaps get back in the fight. If your core is lost though and that situation is not something you can change, winning is no lo…

• Quote from Danieliyoverde123: “Quote from Edepedable: “I just had another look at them as I just started a map playing Axis. It really does seem there is no real reason for me to build light tanks. I actually just finished a world map as soviet (I won with my coalition) where I also did not develop and use light tanks in favour of using medium tanks. ” light tanks and medium tanks perform the same rol for different strategies and techniques, if you for one of them you should forget the other.The…

• Aircrafts too strong?

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Artificial Stupidity: “I am currently playing version 1.5 22 countries normal speed. I have once been defeated by a country using aircrafts, so I joined him and started playing aircrafts. After playing for two rounds, I found that tactics majorly based on aircrafts are somehow impeccable. ” I highly, firmly disagree with this statement. Both for 1.0 and 1.5. Though in all fairness, in 1.0 I do think planes were stronger than in 1.5 mostly due to their attack/defence being equal. I alw…

• I just had another look at them as I just started a map playing Axis. It really does seem there is no real reason for me to build light tanks. I actually just finished a world map as soviet (I won with my coalition) where I also did not develop and use light tanks in favour of using medium tanks. This thread made me realise why. Armoured car lvl1 HP 23 (Axis) Attack unarmored 3.5 / light armour 1.7 / heavy armour 1.2 Defence unarmored 5.3 / light armour 2.5 / heavy armour 1.8 /air 1.8 light tank…