Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 178.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Saudi Arabia declared war to Germany (in 1945) and Greece got war declared upon it but in WWI had declared war on the Central Power (in 1917), so I am not sure what you complain about there

• For RR battles, you should mention using decoy : - Approach a low value stack with no RR guns (typically infantry, or militia if you run them ; even better but it is an exceptional configuration that never happened to me get a ship in range) - enemy RR will target it and waste its shot - Approach your own RR gun and shoot, then pull back - Repeat It works with artillery vs artillery of course

• Quote from jamin81st: “I am a new player, but it is very obvious that AI has been designed to have significant advantages over human players. I would also go as far as saying it is programmed to cheat against those spending a little money, in an attempt to get them to spend more. My guess is the creators are hoping to scam even more money from players. As an example, the AI gets to build multiple tanks for the same base on the same day, while I myself have to wait 1-2 days, unless I want to spen…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from d.jahnsen: “I have to check my sources, but I'm pretty sure that in ww2 the dogfight was unusual Pilots usually prefer to "hunt" easy targets from behind and above using the potential energy, if the Target it's not destroy in the first attack Pilots do not persuit the enemy, they usually try to keep the advantage position and avoid dogfights ” Dogfights were common in WW2 but they were less common than in WWI as there were "alternative methods" (eg boom & zoom, which was harder in WW1…

• Worst countries

Chimere - - General Discussions

Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from Chimere: “Island countries (Australia, S-E Asia) are pretty bad, except maybe Madagascar and UK (need to check the resource start though). ” I beg to differ. Island Countries are some of the hardest countries to invade. You gain a sheer geographical advantage from the start of the game. Even if there's just a narrow waterway between you and the mainland, that's still hours lost to embarking and disembarking. Also, Sumatra is exceptional in the right hands. …

• Worst countries

Chimere - - General Discussions

For the 100 player maps, it all depends on what your resources are. eg Nigeria and South-West Africa have plenty of oil AND that oil is near the sea, so free maintenance port for you. On the other hand, Tibet or Maranhao start with terrible resources (mostly steel). Maranhao is worse than Tibet. In addition, some countries can really be leveraged better by a good players compared to a mediocre player due to geography. In particular, European countries or South Asian countries are cool from this …

• Tankettes

Chimere - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Quote from Chimere: “I don't think there were any German tankette. ” German PZ 1, and some of the 2s would have been classed as tankettes as the armament consisted of machine guns, eventually small guns, and their armour was extremely light. The 1s were more of a training vehicle that was pressed into early war service to flesh out armoured units. The chassis did have wide use and was adapted to many variants.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzer_I.php ” I…

• Tankettes

Chimere - - Beta Feedback & Issues

I don't think there were any German tankette. If tankettes were in the game, they should be legacy units in historical scenarios, for countries like Italy, Spain, Poland or Soviet Union. You can't build them, they suck but well you start with them. Probably 2.5 A/2.5 defense against infantry (same as light tank), 0.3/0.5 against armor (same as militia ^^), 15 HP, speed of a light tank. Cannot be upgraded. I would love to see legacy cavalry as well.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

MRSI is typically discussed for tube artillery, since for rocket artillery it is a bit the default. Anyway - so the efficiency of tube artillery has one huge limit : the first salvo is usually devastating, but before the second salvo lands everyone has reached cover there are less exposed parts of bodies to hit. This was noticed since at least WWI, and possibly earlier - most casualties happen in the first 10 seconds of the artillery attack. Long story short, if you want to cause damage, it is b…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from blue44elephant: “What are we talking about here? multiple rocket launcher system, artillery or the ones you seem to be talking about? ” Ok, if you are not familiar with MRSI (btw one of the key features of the PzH 2000) it means you don't really understand "artillery doctrine" except "it explodes and sends shrapnels everywhere" so let's just end it here.

• Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

Chimere - - News

I am extremely happy with the doctrine applying a blanket bonus / malus to all units. I really don't think that applying bonus and malus BY UNIT in a given doctrine is a good idea. I actually think it is a bad idea for two important reasons - It means that some countries are just way better (or worse) than other with some units, which means that instead of choosing what you are going to research depending on your natural resources, on your neighbours own research and basically on your strategic …

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from Chimere: “Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from Chimere: “Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from freezy: “Artillery got weaker vs. unarmored but stronger vs. heavy armored, compared to their previous stats. ” ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I am a bit disappointed at that because I used to think you guys used to do the research. ” I don’t think you did…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Stalin's Organs could flip tanks over, as could 155mm arty. Any unit is in trouble if a big enough round lands near it. ” It is possible that a very close hit from an heavier rocket like a BM-31 could, but when you think Stalin's Organs you usually think of BM-8 or BM-13, and I don't believe those could flip a tank over (but maybe I am wrong). Would you have any source for this ?

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from Torpedo28000: “Quote from vyliance: “js a suggestion: how abt u give us 3 research slots?like because 1.0 has lesser units to research we have 2 research slots so maybe with more units we get 1 more research slots? ” I agree with this, or at least wonder if this is a possibility to add should more support this idea. Here is why, one of the key changes that has repeatedly been stated is unit diversity and how in 1.5 each unit has more of a distinct role which means we will need a more …

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from Chimere: “Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from freezy: “Artillery got weaker vs. unarmored but stronger vs. heavy armored, compared to their previous stats. ” ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I am a bit disappointed at that because I used to think you guys used to do the research. ” I don’t think you did much research yourself, beyond pop-history. Arti…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from freezy: “Artillery got weaker vs. unarmored but stronger vs. heavy armored, compared to their previous stats. ” ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I am a bit disappointed at that because I used to think you guys used to do the research. ” I don’t think you did much research yourself, beyond pop-history. Artillery weaker vs infantry than rocket artillery ma…

• Railways and railguns

Chimere - - Suggestions / Criticism

With 1.5 where the price is low enough that you may actually want to build infrastructure for the speed bonus, I believe that it will happen eventually. In 1.0, they will not change it.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from vyliance: “Quote from Chimere: “MTB ” whats an MTB tho ” Motor Torpedo Boat. Basically the patrol super light ship that was proposed.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from Balhog: “Sounds like some good changes coming for 1.5. I'd like to suggest another Naval unit to introduce at some point. A Patrol Boat, a lightweight, fast unit, that can target Transports. Such units existed and were used everywhere during WW2. Basically its function would be to guard against troop invading Transports. Which means anybody wanting to invade from the sea better have some navy behind them. I would say the unit should be fast, and only capable of attacking transports, o…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Chimere - - News

Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Quote from GeneralAumSum: “Also, I wonder how good will these be (hopefully not as bad as the tank destroyer which is even worse than militia!!!!!) ” Tank destroyer has a use ...... it screams "I'm a noob!". ” Saying that "tank destroyer has a use .... it screams "I'm a noob!" screams "I'm a noob who never understood how to use TD".