Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 104.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I want to thank the Devs on the new Army bar. Because of the bar, I learned that planes flying over their core get the 15% defense as well. It is simple and easy to learn. While I am patting you on the back the updated bar, please note that one tweak is in order for 'aggressive' use. If I give a person ROW I don't want my troops that are sitting on aggressive to open fire on them - but I want my troops on Aggressive to protect myself from others who I am at war with, trade embargo, or at Peace. …

• A New COW Vision

ike53 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Bytro is in a unique position with the COW engine...They can introduce other free on-line games to their stable. I have long thought that their platform would be perfect for an on-line space invasion game as there is nothing similar out there. Being the first to have such a unique space game could really be lucrative. I have a vision of 10 planets with 10 countries and 5 small bot countries on each planet. Hence 10 planets and 10 countries would cover 100 player map. Each country on each planet …

• Achievements bug?

ike53 - - Bug Reports and Issues

It happened to me and at least 3 of my alliance partners...this one is really a serious bug. 1) In many games out there where a person/group were winning their enemy can now 'buy' stuff with free money. 2) One who works for achievements just had them given to him 3) If anyone was fighting against a golder and attempting to make him 'pay' for a victory if you couldn't beat him, he just received a ton of free gold to kick your ass. 4) If you already had those achievements you got no gold and hence…

• BMFOX keeps saying "Please use the official 1,5 threads to communicate about the changes. We don't want 10 threads all about the same subject. This topic is now closed and will be deleted in 24 hours please copy paste your post here in the official thread." I see news, terms of use, support team in Official I see Manual, Questions and answers, Community created Guides, Bug reports, Suggestions in Support/feedback I see General Discussions, find co-players, roleplaying, off topic, community event…

• Version 1.5

One of the improvements that I read about 1.5 was the upgrading of units. If I read it right, only 'new' units get the upgrade while all the older units stay the same. I think this is actually backwards and another tweak should be considered that would actually greatly reduce reseaching. I suggest that units upgrade automatically - with a few caveats and requirements. A unit upgrades to the next level after its creation and after a certain period of time. This would mean older units are more exp…

• I made mine with several columns. 4 for the city and their resources and 8 for provinces and their resources. Then made the ones bold if either a city or province were on water. Then I tried to come up with a point scheme for value, such as a city on the water is worth 6 while a resource province on the water 2. A oil province is worth 1 (everybody gets at least 1), a 2nd one is worth 4...things like that. So once you have it all mapped out and have given values to everything all you need to do …

• Quote from BMfox: “Quote from ike53: “I created a spreadsheet of EVERY countries resources for the 100 game (what resources were in cities and in provinces and which were double provinces and which continent) ...It took a while and did it over time. Then I sorted it to put at top the ones which start with +2 oil and +2 rares. These are the countries I go for as these are the resources I desire. If I am playing with some friends, I can look up quickly and help them pick out good provinces as well…

• I created a spreadsheet of EVERY countries resources for the 100 game (what resources were in cities and in provinces and which were double provinces and which continent) ...It took a while and did it over time. Then I sorted it to put at top the ones which start with +2 oil and +2 rares. These are the countries I go for as these are the resources I desire. If I am playing with some friends, I can look up quickly and help them pick out good provinces as well. It works well.

• Changes in mid-game

Hmm...I guess that is a good change then. LOL.

• Changes in mid-game

Thanks Vorlon...while I'm at it, changing the 'fees' makes absolutely no sense...why in the world add a layer of fees? Make things cost a little more if you want but to add a 10% and show it like a tax? Again, I am fully supportive of changes to enhance/make game play better but this doesn't do either.

• Changes in mid-game

So our allies can't give/loan us troops anymore...ok. But why change it for on-going games???? I had an ally moving an ACC down between SA and Africa that I was going to borrow in a few hours and use to get my planes back home as there is a threat way up in Europe. He has been moving that ACC from up by the Carolinas since yesterday, I am finishing off a country in the US and we had the timing all figured out and then wham! A game change in the middle of the game!!! So now I can't get my planes …

• Yes...but not fire at will being the default. My concern is newbies and bots will cause unnecessary wars unless the default setting is 'navy neutral'.

• While I am laughing at the issue you face, which has now happened to me in EVERY game I'm playing rn, I know that I read somewhere that the programmers are trying to fix this. I would hope in the end they add a button where we can choose to put our subs on fire at will and it not be a default. This is the best and easiest fix that will allow all to protect their territories, if they choose, while they sleep and yet be able to move in the open seas without going to war with every Tom, Dick, and H…

• While I like and agree with the suggestion, none of it will matter if the open barracks penalty isn't addressed. How many L3 barracks can you afford to keep open vs airports strung throughout the world? I'm not saying that I'd switch from tanks and planes to Mech and jeeps but with the barracks penalty I don't even consider it.

• Non-aggression pact

I agree. Join an alliance, play with your friends, set up a defense, but don't make the game protect you from treachery. I would prefer there was a grace period BEFORE you could join or set up an alliance. Get to know your neighbors before deciding to partner. How quick people are to create a coalition and accept someone - no matter where they are on the map - as long as they can fog a mirror.

• Quote from BMfox: “Going back to the original subject of the thread. I think it's a good change that food is used instead of goods for research. In the early and mid game i had to sell my food to buy goods. ” Off topic a little..but worthy of discussing...I really like the change also but haven't come close in working out the 'kinks'. I am one of those idiots who early on if they have a dollar must spend the dollar - either on research, upgrades, or troops - I am running out of cash now as I am …

• I love your analysis! The X factor imo is the ability to build MT's in the enemy's cities while advancing quicker than MI. Again, no one conquers a city and finds a L3 barracks and to make the L2, L3, (maybe repair IF) takes more time than what is usually required to repair the IF and start cranking out MT's plus the food costs associated with leaving those darn barracks open while kicking out MI's. Since you already are losing any surplus food you were producing if you have a long, fast advance…

• If 'they' would fix the barracks issue I'd make more than you.

• Quote from BMfox: “I always use motorizd and mechanized infantry. By the time my barracks are level 3 and I can train mechanized infantry my food stock is 80K at least so no problem to go in the minus on the food side while producing. When i have enough mech infa I switch them off again. Also by that time food is pretty cheap at that time because everyone goes to armor. Still a mech infantry wins from a Medium Tank in all terrain except on flat lands. ” L3 Mech Inf (MI) attacks hard 3.0 defends …

• Access to a lot of tips on what you should do in the 22 game couldn't hurt. Stressing the need to upgrade your core, research to upgrade your troops, etc may help keep some people and have some learn better an faster. Having someone to play a 22 game and be a helpful moderator was always my thoughts until I tried it myself with minimal positive results. There is also a big push in COW of join a coalition but not much about what is expected. I can't count the times I have invaded a coal and his t…