Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 104.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I play 100 player map, Cow 1.5 Whenever I capture provinces, especially cities, it seems no structures survive. It doesn't seem to matter if it is captured with one unit or a huge stack. Surely some structures should survive?

• My recent game I tried building some infrastructure - I play the 100 player map exclusively, by the way. Playing New England, I expanded down the eastern seaboard and across the south into Mexico. Moving units from my primary production area (New England) to the battle front (Mexico) was extremely slow, so I thought I would build infrastructure up on a path in between. I built a line of about 7 or 8 provinces but realized it was not practical. I would need about 15 more provinces built up and by…

• RBoi200 mentioned a circular patrol function. I would like to see a patrol order for surface units - not like air units but to move back and forth between 2 points until ordered otherwise or encountering an enemy. This would be especially beneficial for naval units to patrol a coastline. A circular patrol function for aircraft would be good, though not necessarily circular. Just the ability to define way point patrols along with being able to define the duration of each patrol. For example, patr…

• Infrastructure in 1.5

BeorntheBold - - General Discussions

Does anyone EVER build them? Seems like a high cost for such a low priority item. (100 player, by the way)

• Over the 2-3 years I've been playing Call of War there has always been the problem of players dropping. I thought of something that might be a simple solutions: Have all players earn gold through playing. Just like in-game resources steadily increment while the game goes on (food, steel, goods, rares, oil, manpower, currency, etc) have gold increase too. With one difference - the gold only increments as the player does things, the same way experience levels increase. Simply logging in every 2 da…

• Carrier based aircraft on patrol appear to continue their patrol at a specific coordinate even when the carrier moves. it would be great if they would maintain their patrolling position RELATIVE to the carrier's position. This way, if you assign aircraft to patrol ahead of a moving fleet, as the fleet moves so would the aircraft's patrol location.

• Misinformation is a staple of warfare. Part of that misinformation is to deceive others about who is the source of the "information". If the information is obviously from an enemy then no one would believe it. Insults and vulgar communication is a separate issue. Anonymous messages and newspaper articles are not anonymous to the game operators, which allows policing of the content. I understand such policing is difficult - a lot of it can be done through filtering but not all. If "table" was an …

• Certainly they will be moving, the pins though would give a way to mark the map for various purposes - last sightings, gathering spots, etc etc. Right now we do screenshots, convert them to temp web pages (imagur, etc.) and jump through hoops to do it.

• It would be a great help to coalitions if you could put a numbered pin on the map visible to whomever you might designate. That way in messages you could refer to the pin to give an exact location of what you are talking about. For example: Enemy warship sighted at pin # 102. Or, let's plan our main attack here, at pin # 46. Obviously on land you could name the province, except that a lot of times you forgot the name when you are composing a message. But at sea is where it would really come in h…

• Actually a simple interface would work - player writes chat, it is sent to the chat filter app, cleaned and sent back. All the filtering app needs to do is accept a chunk of text, clean it, and send it back. Part of the incoming packet would identify the customer (game app or whatever) so accounting can be done and the customer's preferences applied. The chief difficulty is making it multi-lingual. It could start out in a handful of widely used languages and then be expanded later to handle more…

• I understand the position that a chat filter is an expensive thing to develop. Of course, from the viewpoint that "there are no problems, only opportunities", it immediately makes me think there is a huge opportunity to develop an online chat filter and allow multiple applications to utilize it on a subscription basis. The cost would then be amortized over a large number of games and other applications where people need "clean" chat. It could even feature levels of tolerance to allow or disallow…

• Quote from DoctorDR1: “In addition, we want to prevent violations before they happen, rather than publish offenders after the fact. ” I'm guessing you meant "punish", not "publish". By that logic though, you could disallow players from posting at all, or get rid of the newspaper, or stop running an online game - all of those things would prevent violations before they happen. In between the sarcasm, my point is removing useful game features because some people abuse them defeats the point of eve…

• It has removed an extremely useful tool - to sow disinformation. Violations of ToS can be policed, moderators can monitor that.

• This is good to hear. Basically from COW 1.0 to COW 1.5 the surface combat rounds were sped up times 2 and so were the patrolling aircraft rounds.

• Since surface battles now have a round every 30 minutes (instead of 60 minutes), do patrolling aircraft have round every 7 1/2 minutes instead of 15 minutes under version 1.0? And if not, is the damage inflicted by patrolling aircraft still 25%? If so, then patrolling aircraft have had their strengths cut in half compared to surface units.

• Ok, looks like when you click on your stack, a row of buttons appears above the information window offering the commands you can issue. For someone used to 1.0, they don't stand out very much.

• I merged some units together by moving them to the same space. Now I can't find any way to split them up again.

• If the patrol circle of aircraft overlaps multiple targets (i.e. ground units, structures, naval units) how does it pick it's target at it's 15 minute interval? Or if there are 3 or 4 different unit stacks to choose from?

• When a player is inactive for a set time (usually 48 hours I think) the AI takes over running the country. Can a player then rejoin later, like a few days or even weeks later?

• When you click on the diplomacy button you see a list of countries which can be sorted by country name, coalition, player name, number of provinces, their relation, number of victory points, activity, your relation, and devices. There is also an information button for each country to drill down into player profiles. In the player profiles one can see additional information such as the player's experience level, Kill/Destroy ratio, # of known units, who they are at war with, etc. It would be real…