Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just weighing in, I played a game as Japan in the 100 player map prior to the terrain nerf and the doctrine seemed very strong relative to the others. For an active player the visibility and speed are huge advantages and the terrain bonus seemed borderline overpowered. It's not a straightforward math calculation like the other mechanical advantages, but the ability to put yourself in the most advantageous position for battle every time is huge. Now with the nerf and the splitting of hills and fo…

• I think there should be a "reinforce" mechanic rather than a disband mechanic added. I could see paying the percentage of total recruitment cost missing from the unit to get a full strength unit back. It seems to me it could work a lot like upgrading and just take the unit out of action for a little while. I don't think it's unbalanced or overpowered, but Bytro may not like that it cuts into one of the main things average players use gold for.

• Spy Plane

Spite_Is_Right - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from VorlonFCW: “Stealth planes are a bit advanced for this time period. ” Stealth planes, as they exist in the modern lexicon, are less visible on radar. Stealth in this game refers to the detectability of a unit, ostensibly by sight. High altitude recon planes are about as detectable as a commando or tank destroyer brigade. That said, the flight ceiling of propeller aircraft is pretty limited so the technology for high altitude flight may not open up until mid/late game.

• Spy Plane

Spite_Is_Right - - Suggestions / Criticism

Like the title says, I think there should be a spy plane unit type. With all the stealth changes and now the production facility changes I think there is a clear recon role. I use planes to gather intelligence all the time and I assume other players do as well, but the best I can do is send interceptors which the enemy immediately sees. Normally that's fine, you just achieve air superiority first, then you know everything, but it would be better if there was a stealth aircraft that had poor comb…

• Silence Means Security

Spite_Is_Right - - News

Quote from freezy: “Quote from GeneralAumSum: “wow this will make games longer and harder... ” Or easier. Depends if you are the one who can surprise their enemies using this new feature, or if you are the one being surprised. In any case it certainly adds more depth and strategies. ” If nothing else it makes intelligence more useful. In the current meta I find the cost of spies too high to justify, even reduced to 10k, but without this information it may be the only way to gather information ab…

• I don't have a strong opinion on your issues with rare materials or the resource model in general. It seems to work ok, troops require different resources and what you plan to build/resource heavily influences your economic and expansion strategy. I don't think research is a trap and frankly don't think any strategic option is a trap. When you click the start research button, or any other production, you know it's going to take resources and time. Will new players mistakenly spend all their reso…

• Like the question, I've been wondering about this myself. I'll tell you how I think it works based on my experience in game, but I reserve the right to be completely wrong. I write software professionally but I don't work for Bytro. So for your example, I'll use level 1 axis troops because I'm playing as Axis right now. Both armies are 50% Infantry 50% heavy armor Each infantry in the defending army is good for 5.3 * .5 (against the motorised) and 1.8 * .5 (against the mediums), their total pote…

• Interesting suggestion; I have this problem as well. When I first started playing it effected my sleep (staying up later than intended, waking up early to "check on my guys"). By game three I had decided that sleep was necessary and developed strategies to deal with the disruption that sleep brings, but it's not ideal. I would prefer a rest period each day. Perhaps 6 or 8 hours each day where people can't give orders. I could see them adding this as a high command perk for created games perhaps.

• I find infantry/ordnance to be the most effective in the early game, then adding armor and air forces starting around day 3. I usually invest heavily in industry in the early game, which eats up a lot of metal/oil/rare that you need for armor/air/naval production. You can get a lot of work done with your starting army by concentrating and supporting with artillery. If your rival goes tank, build AT. If your rival goes air, build AA. Most of the time the infantry/ordnance army is so successful th…

• There are actually a few good tips in there, but there is no such thing as "the best tactics". Tactics isn't even the right word, you're referring to strategy. Tactics refers to the maneuvering of troops on the ground to take best advantage of the terrain and other battlefield conditions to win a battle. I find your early game advice to be particularly bad. Militia, fighter, bomber? Tactical bombers don't even become available until 11 hours into day 2. I can have level two infantry, upgraded an…

• I think there's a degree of personal preference involved and I doubt you could arrive at a formula for maximum mathematical efficiency, unless you're simply referring to the amount of resources and/or time getting X number or units to level Y would cost. Arriving at such a formula is not even straightforward, there are other variables. If you're just talking about resource cost alone, it should be obvious that waiting until you achieve the desired tech level and then building the units would cos…

• Quote from z00mz00m: “Quote from ZILANT: “Quote from z00mz00m: “Do you honestly expect me to do the math? ” LOL, of course players have to do math, because it's a strategy game, not one-finger-tap game. ” Wait, seriously. You expect players to compute the net income per hour for every resource type, the needs to build new units plus maintain those and existing units, and decide how much exactly is left over for buildings? And do this multiple times a day? ” First of all, your net hourly income f…

• So 1.0 is amazing (except for the fact that it's broken) but 1.5 is hopelessly boring? They play very similarly, but I appreciate the depth of mechanics in version 1.5. I don't have a problem with them continuing to host 1.0 games if they want to and people want to keep playing it, i just don't see how someone could love 1.0 but find 1.5 hopelessly un-entertaining.

• Naval Strategy?

Spite_Is_Right - - Questions and Answers

Some countries can get by with little to no navy, it completely depends on the scenario and your starting position. In my last game I played as Japan in a 1.5 100 player game; I won a solo victory. In that scenario naval superiority was essential and the amount of territory that I could threaten with my navy was extensive. It may seem counter-intuitive, but I never built a battleship. If you know anything about naval history particularly the WWII era you would also know that battleships were ess…