Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• REMOVING A game

VorlonFCW - - General Discussions

You don't. You are a part of the game until it is finished. You can go back and play some of the games that you joined and didn't play in an effort to finish them.

• erm.. ai hacking ?

VorlonFCW - - Bug Reports and Issues

Did you happen to lose a medium tank? When provinces revolt any units you have present are commandeered by the rebels and are used against you when you try and retake the province.

• how gameplay works ?

You can also join several games at the same time, so you can continue your current game and play a new game also There are two things that give you Experience Points to level up. You have to either kill the units of active human players (or elite AI if you join a gold game that has elite ai) Or you get points for constructing buildings. Both of these have to be in ranked games. Once the game is ranked you will earn points and gold for the win/place at the end.

• 3 times in a row? Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket. In addition to the X factor there is an "overwhelm" factor that kicks in frequently in these one on one battles. Take a look at this post by freezy: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=150687#post150687

• Account

VorlonFCW - - Questions and Answers

We can chat privately through the conversation tab at the top of the page.

• game 2383537

VorlonFCW - - Bug Reports and Issues

Usually these issues are a result of expecting the queue to work differently than it does. Items on the queue are listed in order of priority, and resources are planned according to that priority. So if you have ten items on your list that are already waiting on a particular resource and you add another item to the list it will be placed at the bottom of the queue. There may be sufficient resources for it currently in inventory, but the Queue indicates that you prefer to allocate resources to th…

• Team Up!

VorlonFCW - - News

As these games are "starts when full" they aren't started until 100 players complete the joining process. Even when a game may have no open slots there may be players who have not yet selected their team and been assigned a country. If users do not select a team within an hour they will be removed from the game automatically and it will be opened up to another player to join in that place. This can lead to a slight delay which is a consequence of allowing players to choose their teams. Once the …

• Alliance Game Setting

At the country selection screen each player can use the button "skip and choose randomly" I don't think there is any other way

• Everyone always has an opinion, and usually wish to share it I expect they think the strategy you are using is likely to fail, although predicting success or failure is about as accurate as picking winning lottery numbers some of the time. As a new player you still likely have a lot to learn about certain aspects of the game, and you will find battles that you will lose. I have always learned more by losing than by winning. I have never been a fan of team games, because even if your team members…

• our provinces only show what is within their borders. Disembarking takes place at sea, which is outside your border So it is not shown by your province. Only units have a sight range that can see past your border, so if your coastline is vacant it is an easy target. You might read this thread: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=138867#post138867 or this one forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=153591#post153591

• Pay to Play games

VorlonFCW - - Suggestions / Criticism

Yes you did, such things have been suggested previously, and while I personally like the idea, it has not been accepted by the Management in Hamburg. Many players have suggested games which had an entry fee and limited or prohibited gold used in the game. The most recent comment that we got from Hamburg was that they were happy with the current process and did not wish to change the business model. Despite my title as a Senior Game Operator, I am not an employee of Bytro. I simply handle bug rep…

• Pay to Play games

VorlonFCW - - Suggestions / Criticism

As the game is free to play and the servers are funded by the sales of Gold and High command there would not be a game to play without gold. If you wish to try your skill without gold there is the official players league tournament where gold use is forbidden. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ll-of-war-players-league/ And you will find that many players are quite skilled without the use of gold. It is always a convenient excuse when you are outsmarted our outmaneuvered to blame gold, instead of sk…

• Your provinces only show what is within their borders. Disembarking takes place at sea, which is outside your border So it is not shown by your province. Only units have a sight range that can see past your border, so if your coastline is vacant it is an easy target. You might read this thread: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=138867#post138867 or this one forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=153591#post153591

• weird symbol on map

Quote from freezy: “It shows different symbols for each selected fire control setting. But it's a bit hard to see... ” How much work would it be to color code them ?

• Anti Air units

Thanks M. Fingers have a mind of their own sometimes when I get into a hurry. Quote from MontanaBB: “I believe this same dynamic applies when defending fighters are patrolling overhead when bombers attack ground units. ” I believe you are correct.

• weird symbol on map

That indicates that the units have a fire control setting enabled. So your destroyer is set to something other than the default "fire at will" setting. It will show that red "X" if you want to call it that for any setting other than fire at will. I assume you have it set for Agressive fire, but hold or return fire would cause it to display the same symbol.

• It is also possible that you are looking at a previous issue of the newspaper. Unless you are sure that you are looking at the current day's issue shortly after it is published at day change you can be reading yesterday's news over again.

• Quote from T_Greg: “For example in a 22 player map, if the top 2 players form a coalition and win, they get 2000 gold, and the 3rd player gets 1100+ their VP. I think I get it now ” Yes, that is correct Quote from Restrisiko: “but as far as I know (as I've heard ), in addition to the fixed bonus for a coalition victory you also get 1 Gold for each victory point ” Sorry Restrisiko, but that isn't correct. Coalition participants get a fixed amount of gold and there is no adjustment for VP (of cour…

• Anti Air units

In addition to the way Guioco explained, I like to explain that Anti air units return fire when they or the units at their location are attacked by the aircraft. But that is only a basic answer, So for advanced answers you need to realize that the defending AA does get it's shot off at the aircraft before the aircraft attack is calculated. So if the air defense value of the target is high enough, it will eliminate aircraft like Atomic Bombers before the nuclear detonation.

• Montana is exactly right. The newspaper reporters are lazy and they publish the list once per day at day change. They don't spend their entire day adjusting points up and down for all players as provinces are lost and captured. in a lot of cases it would change by the second.