Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 234.

• Retaining Players

JCS Darragh - - Suggestions / Criticism

I agree with everything that you said. It's just that people are complaining that players aren't staying, but they offer very far-out there reasons and solutions. It's just really simple what needs to happen if we want players to stay around.

• Retaining Players

cough You guys get distracted easily, Lol. I thought we were talking about retaining players, not capitals. Lol.

• Retaining Players

No? Forcing them to get accounts for the forum won't make them stay. To me, its a pacing thing, it is too slow to do anything. For the first week if you aren't in an active alliance you have nothing to do, You could only build up you army and hope you don't get destroyed by some alliance. Things need to be faster, It could just be two hours faster, Like it takes almost a month for me to get from Russia to America, that's realistic but BS for players at the same time. When that force gets there, …

• Retaining Players

Well, I have a suggestion, For the maps, Why not have it for realistic army units for that time? For example, The soviet union has always had a large military, each country should have a realistic force count. I think that would retain players for a while, However, I personally find that the achievements don't really matter to new players, they just want to get into a match and fight people. Besides, CoW does get predictable after a while, You build up a military, You get really strong units, th…

• Diabolical, You can already capture a province without firing a shot, Besides, the Paratroopers have an hour of disembarkation time suggestion. Besides, Do you even READ the things we say? Or do you just assume that we are all suggesting the same thing from 3 years ago? Also, Paratroopers didn't 'forget' how to do airborne operations once they landed. I mean, anyone can do them, Paratroopers are just the best at it. Like Special Operations, Anyone can do them, just those guys are the best at it,…

• If you want a game where you have to transport all of your stuff AlexBR, go play Hearts of Iron IV (or 4)

• Hehehe, That one country is the USA. Even though the Air Force doesn't have enough pilots to fly them and has way too many planes.

• Uh, Not meant to be an insult Montana, But we are talking about surrendering Units. Or Units just deserting. Things like that, I can use diplomacy. To me, It is just an interesting concept and I don't think it will be added in, Just a fun thing to talk about. But, I do have to agree with Restriko on a couple points, A. No large unit of infantry would just up and defect. B. People had a strong sense of nationalism back in the day and probably not just desert like that. Also, Restriko, you'd get s…

• Yup, The C-5 Galaxy (Sorry for my US Bias) can only carry 2 Abrams tanks into the fight. I believe the C-17 can barely carry a bradley/striker. Boats are the superior transporter, You'd need a crap ton of planes to transport enough M1 Abrams for them to have a noticeable effect on a large offensive, as well as lots of them to carry the mechanized infantry vehicles. The C-130 can't carry those but can carry some HMMWVs. If anything, Those aircraft can transport a crap ton of HMMWVs. Keep this in …

• Restrikio, To comment on what you said earlier: Quote from Restrisiko: “What would happen in a case, where I exposed units specifically to annihilation to cover other actions? Could I prohibit units from giving up? If not, I'm altogether oppose a surrender option, if so, the surrender option would be pointless anyway. ” Those units you send out to be annihilated would just simply surrender to the other side instead of dying for no reason. I'd expect them to do that, after all, they don't want to…

• Apply for it when the Moderator positions are open, other than that just post stuff on the forums and enjoy your time here. You also have to be 18+ to become a moderator and you also have to have a Skype. That is all I know about this.

• I'd be fine with this if it could only move Militia and Infantry. Tanks are just a big no-no because of the time period. Also, They shouldn't be another unit in the game, Perhaps when you try to move from province to province w/ airfields the troops get into planes and fly there. And, Transporting Interceptors? Even that is relatively unheard of in the modern day. C-5 Galaxies can transport them, but only in pieces, and it takes up a lot of space. Medium Tanks, No not enough room in a C-47/Ju-52…

• That's too complicated, Just add a Paratrooper unit that can jump behind enemy lines and take a province. With the current ideas (Unit cap, very weak while flying/deploying, and an hour of load and unload) they are already difficult to use. Besides, What is the point of keeping this game historic, yes don't add flying M1A1s with super death star killer cannons, but Paratroopers are a fine addition to a World War II game. To me, it seems easier just to add a unit that can be paradropped behind en…

• So basically, History says that Paratroopers never took large provinces, So don't add them? That is a uh, really stupid argument for that. Once paratroopers landed they became just a regular infantry unit, they had the capability to take large provinces. Even now, they have that capability, their main mission (from what I understand) in World War 2 was to land behind enemy units, take land, and link up with the main infantry. It's just every time the Paratroopers jumped, they jumped into an actu…

• I would agree with everything you just said about Commandos. I suggested earlier that they should be able to move into enemy land without causing a war, unless you attack. I think that would be a good idea because they are commandos. If that isn't possible then I agree with the Commandos being able to embark/disembark and improved terrain modifiers.

• Uh, No, because then Paratroopers would be airmobile Militia. That'd be pointless if that was a thing. Like MontanaBB said, They have to be an actual unit, not have some dumb thing where they disappear after a day or something like that. I would agree with the current picture of Airborne that we have know, - They would have a limit cap of 15-20 units - They would function a lot like the Airborne in CoN, but would need an Airfield.

• Battle Questions

JCS Darragh - - Questions and Answers

Ah, Okay Vorlon. And no, I captured France as the UK.

• Battle Questions

JCS Darragh - - Questions and Answers

Alright, So I had a few questions about battles. I will provide screenshots. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…9f50c8e362409d320f848f234 For example, In this battle I have a single L1 MI Unit, 1 L3 Light Tank, and 1 L1 Anti-Aircraft Battery/Regiment. What is going on here is my Regiment is attacking that Switzerland Province, while the two L6 Militia units are attacking my units. So, My question is, Who gets the defense bonus? My units are attacking the Province and the Militia units are attacking …

• I mean you could do all of this, but just have a Defence force. I like to have branches when I play Solo (or online) Like, Home Defence, The Army, The Marines, The Navy, and The Air Force. Then I like to have a Special Branch which include Commandos. So, Just deploy militia and use them as they should be so you don't have to worry about a back stabber. Militia + Armored Cars = Lit Defence Force.