Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Undaunted: “there is two enemy units in a ship on the sea I want to attack them but I got this warning what does it mean ? Cant I kill them ?? ” In this context, it usually means that there is a submarine unit in the stack, and you are attacking the stack with one of your own units that cannot damage submarines (i.e., fighters, tactical bombers, strategic bombers, rockets, nukes).

• Thanks, y'all. I have confirmed that bombarding enemy units in neutral with artillery will not start an unintended war with the neutral country. I have also used patrolling aircraft to pick off stray enemy units in neutral provinces, too, with the same results. The rocket exception, to the apparent general rule, is duly noted.

• Commandoes SBDE

MontanaBB - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from NukeRaider33: “Commandos work best in a two stack in my experience. ” Agreed. Or even bigger stacks, too. Despite their 25 hit points (67% more than ordinary infantry), I have found single commando battalions to be somewhat brittle and to sustain heavy damage when deployed as single units -- despite their fabulous stats on paper.

• Bombarding enemy units on neutral territory with artillery or naval gunfire -- does this start a war with the neutral country? I know the developers have tinkered with the game dynamics of patrolling aircraft over neutral territory, but have there been any changes regarding the start of an unintended war with a neutral country when you attack enemy units on neutral territory? This was not the case in the past, but I am uncertain as to the current status of this dynamic. Also, can we use direct a…

• Any good tactic?

MontanaBB - - Questions and Answers

West Texas, eh, Vorlon? Now there's a militia to be feared. Heavily armed rednecks in fast-moving Jeeps and light pickup trucks, with more high-powered rifles than most National Guard infantry units. Probably vulnerable to air attack though. Bubba doesn't do Stingers.

• Don't Be Like This

MontanaBB - - Off Topic

Quote from Quasi-duck: “He's sending artillery on a direct assault into the fort. ” Oh, that's all? He's just being foolish and wasteful of his artillery? You might want to take a minute and explain the benefits of using indirect artillery fire (and naval gunfire) vs. using your artillery units as assault infantry -- for the benefit of the rookies who may be reading this.

• Don't Be Like This

MontanaBB - - Off Topic

Hey, Duck, I don't get it. What's the point of this illustration?

• Quote from Kanaris: “Make them real strong vs infrastructure and weak vs units? ” Exactly. And the in-game rockets are already plenty strong against infrastructure and other industrial facilities.

• The Ring of Power will do that. Sneaky Hobbitses.

• AI diplomacy

Quote from VorlonFCW: “I believe you enabled Elite AI in that game, which definitely pays attention to your reputation in regards to peace, and can even declare war on you if they don't like you. ” We did enable elite AI in that game. That said, my "reputation" is better than all of the other human players, and no one has yet to make peace with an AI country. Interesting problem, especially when the country that refuses to make peace is a small European country on the opposite side of the planet…

• AI diplomacy

In my personal experience, an AI country will respond to an offer of peace in 3 to 5 days the first time, and may respond in 24 hours or less thereafter. This assumes no hostile actions after the peace offer is made. Except, of course, on the 25-player historical map, where I am still waiting on the Netherlands to respond almost two weeks after I conquered all of its Indonesian colonial possessions and immediately sued for peace. I have yet to see any AI country accept a peace offer from a human…

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “I sleep with one eye open in any cases where an ally can cause serious damage to me. ” Very wise. This game has more than its share of weasels. Quite remarkable, really, that people will come onto the forum and boast of their latest betrayal of an ostensible ally.

• Starting out

MontanaBB - - General Discussions

Quote from VorlonFCW: “Try reading my complete guide ” "Call of War for Dummies"

• Navy

MontanaBB - - General Discussions

Quote from Kanaris: “There is no better or worst all units have a purpose, same as for the army a competent navy needs combined arms approach. ” Correct. But don't build a bigger navy than you actually need. Naval units are expensive to build and expensive to maintain through research, and they suck oil. If your opponents have small or non-existent navies, you don't need a giant battle fleet. If you want to play a version of COW that places greater emphasis on navies, try the 50-player Pacific m…

• Quote from Quasi-duck: “infantry division comes along with large howitzers, mortars, support vehicles ” American airborne divisions included 4 battalions of airborne artillery, in addition to 3 or 4 regiments of parachute or glider infantry. Conventional U.S. infantry divisions had 3 battalions of 105 mm howitzers and 1 battalion of 155 mm howitzers. U.S. airborne divisions included 3 battalions of 75 mm pack howitzers and 1 battalion of 105 mm. Clearly, the U.S. airborne arty was lighter, but i…

• Golden Parachutes

MontanaBB - - Questions and Answers

"Reading is fundamental."

• Quote from StrclyBnizz: “If it had even shown number of engaged wars would affect morale, i surely wouldn’t have started several at once. ” Click on the "i" button next to the morale of any pop-up province dialog box.

• Quote from WayneBo: “Strong possibility that another player used geldmarks to drop provincial morale just before day change. ” Poetic justice.

• Check with player "VVPutin" and ask him what he knows about this.

• Quote from XkazukiX: “. . . some people will just troll like having a inappropriate name or flag. ” And therein lies the problem: in a game played mostly by teenage boys and middle-aged history and war-game buffs with aggression issues, some of them are prone to engage in inappropriate actions. If the choices were limited to actual historical country names and flags, I would not oppose this idea, but Bytro Labs is never going to support any change that gives misbehaving teenagers (or others) the…