Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 594.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm not going to comment on gold use. It's a fraught topic. The third rail of CoW discussions, of you will. Regarding starting locations with more/less/no coastline. There's something to be said for keeping your core away from the sea. You don't have to stress about coastal patrols as much. This does result in better sleep. One of my favorite games was with Bolivia, starting in the mountains, away from the coast. Any landing could be taken care of with artillery, with the invader bleeding out wh…

• GUIDE: Doctrines.

z00mz00m - - General Discussions

I find the logic doesn't matter. People will just stack a random combination of units, and send them to do random things. Most of the time, it works because the target is inactive. Good luck convincing the attacker that they won for the wrong reason. Sort of like convincing a Philly fan that stopping a team with no QB doesn't prove anything

• GUIDE: Doctrines.

Quote from Brando Dilla: “Motorized infantry, coupled with light tanks in axis doctrine, and there’s nothing stopping you. Day 8 Axis death stack: 4 lvl. 2 mot inf, 4 lvl. 2 light tank, 2 lvl. 2 arty ” I love it when people throw 1-2 artillery into a stack like this. Such an easy target. Enough arty to get them stuck in firing mode, but not enough to do real damage.

• Dude. I just want rebellions removed from the game.

• How do I combine units?

Good, now go kick some butt!

• How do I combine units?

Send all of them to the same place, like the center of the province bordering your enemy. As they arrive they join. When they all arrive you tell them to leave as a stack. That's how you win battles, you stack 5-10 units together and then you send them to attack. Never attack with single units

• Cheater? Possibly?

First time players get a free unit. They can choose between a medium tank, tank destroyer, or mechanized infantry. It's not a cheat, it's just a new account

• Popularity display

z00mz00m - - Suggestions / Criticism

Agreed, and if the UI is running out of space, get rid of the "victory progress" info. It's useless. I know who's winning by just... opening my eyes and looking at the map. This space would be better used for AI attitude, to signal "hey, they are about to declare war".

• Regional Share Map

I would like to use this feature, if it existed. But there are some challenges. How do you prevent your Share Maps partner from leaking information to an enemy you don't want to share with? They can take a screen shot and share over Discord, or just tell your enemy where your troops are going. The same reason prevents us from "observing" games. It would be fun, but it would also be easy to abuse.

• AI

We might be talking about different game situations. Goldwolf, are you being attacked by AI countries in games where you've defeated your human opponents and are close to winning? I find this difficult to imagine. Who are these AI countries that can take apart your almost-winning empire? How can they be so powerful? What kind of army do you have at this stage of the game? What are your research levels, troops counts, and stack compositions? Do you have a developed air force? Please describe or s…

• I would be interested in new game play differences. For example, trade and diplomatic consequences for warring with a particular doctrine. Rebellions, secessions, spontaneous war declarations. I'm less interested in visual tweaks. They tend to make the game less playable for me. I want a clear visual difference between an AT gun and an artillery gun. This helps me. I don't want an AT gun with a bunch of renderings. This only serves to annoy me, because some of those AT guns end up looking like a…

• AI

I see people expand in crazy ways all the time. Oh, here comes Greece, he beat Turkey and now he's marching into Persia with nothing left to defend his core. Come on, man. He's asking to be killed. Expand in a way that minimizes shared borders with other nations. No matter human or AI, both can attack you. Why turn your back on them? Clear the area. Keep your borders short. Patrol your coast lines. Be vigilant.

• This is all true. Hawaii is different. Being where they are, and being "acquired" the way they were, a those things matter to Hawaiians. That said... this has nothing to do with game play. The official response to a lot of our complaints about "realism" is that CoW is a game, not a simulation, and that playability trumps realism. Revolts are annoying. They don't make the game better, they make the game last longer, needlessly. What about it, Freezy? Let's make the game more fun. Get rid of revol…

• Quote from 6thDragon: “They recently made revolts less likely with a release a few months ago. I've almost never had issues with this, but I usually time taking a capital for just before day change. ” You're right, it's better now than it was a few months ago, and the capital timing helps as well. The revolt issue becomes truly revolting as the game gets closer to ending. The winner is getting hit with distance and expansion penalties, and AI capitals become scarce. At these later stages, games …

• Great question. I agree with all of your points. For some reason, there are people who think that annoying players with these revolts is good for the game. That it levels the playing field, keeps winners from winning too quickly. I personally think the winner is going to win, and that revolts just prolong games in a totally obnoxious way. But that's just my opinion.

• Unit upgrade

The solution exists. Leave some units at level 1. This requires no changes to the game engine. No confusing user interfaces for picking the unit level at build time. Either leave your militia or your infantry at level 1. You don't need to upgrade both.

• Shared map/right of way.

These asymmetrical diplomacy trades happen when one country wants to keep tabs on another. For example, let's take Germany and Belgium. Germany is much stronger. He can crush Belgium, but for some reason, doesn't want to. Germany demands Share Maps from Belgium so he can never stage a surprise attack. Germany offers Right of Way to Belgium to prevent war when their units cross paths by accident. It can be a useful arrangement. Germany feels safer. Belgium gets to survive.

• Quote from DxC: “That's a very good point though about damage vs subs. A BB does about 1/5 dmg to subs vs ships. A lvl 4 sub has MP/HP of 20, so the flying bomb is only twice as efficient. So, like you point out, in terms of MP / (effective HP) the subs are much cheaper vs BBs. Compared to subs you can essentially multiply the MP/HP ratio of flying bombs by 5 to give 10.5*5=52.5 which is worse than the lvl 4 subs MP/HP=20. For cruisers the ship/sub dmg is around 1.8 so it's not as clear. Lets ad…

• Since we're talking about "naval stacks" let's assume this is not 1 level 1 cruiser. This is some combination of battleships, cruisers, and destroyers that is not easy to kill. A stack like this will eat 3-4 transports per shot and then fire again 1 minute later. So no, sending small groups of transports will not achieve much except improve the enemy's kill ratio. If you use flying bombs as flying bombs (not as naval transports) the result will be the same. The cruisers will shoot them down befo…