Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Do not believe the lies!!! There is no magical transport ship that just appears when you hit the water. Like lemmings, your forces will drown as they enter the sea...and your enemies shall applaud your brave attempt to prove that tanks can swim. >:D

• WebGL Update now Live!

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Diabolical: “ I'm not a fan of the new aircraft "hopping" arrows, though they seem OK enough, otherwise. Back to colorization, though, I think the problem with the new color sets, aside from not being used to them, is that they blur together too much. There's no contrast except for those non-core province colorization bars. I guess, the look reminds me a little too much of Conflict of Nations, which I never did care for nearly as much as Call of War. And, might I add, I haven't played…

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Infrastructure is now a "two-fer," and the higher construction costs reflect that. ” Ah, but that added cost is significant. And, combined with the higher aircraft costs, has forced Oil to become an even greater and more-rare commodity than before. The resource imbalance by this sudden increase in demand for Oil has altered all games for the best and for the worst. People are still trying to build the same as before, aircraft galore, too much Infrastructure, and not enough…

• ...continued from last post. ~0~ So, to you good Bytro people....please find a way to limit Gold usage to the first few weeks of play. Let the players who choose to spend money on this game be content with all the great gains they can make during that time...putting themselves on the path to an easy victory. And let the rest of us who can't spend money on this game be content in the knowledge that if we lose early on, we haven't suffered so much. Life goes on as normal. Please, this is absolutel…

• OK, so Gold usage is always such a controversial topic among the community of players. Some people love it, some people hate it...and some people like using vast quantities to give their opponents a real reaming...if you know what I mean. Well, we all get it. Bytro needs the money, blah blah blah. It's an old argument, and nobody ever wins or feels like they're able to make any headway on this discussion. Well, like so many of them, I've tried many many times to offer alternative fundraising sug…

• Team Up!

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Captain Hurricane: “Quote from Diabolical: “. Because I care about this game, the company that puts it out, and the community that plays it, ” Quote from Diabolical: “However, until they do, I will boycott this map type...as well as ALL team games...and I will encourage all other players with whom I'm associated -- and anyone else who'll listen -- to boycott it, as well. ” This contradiction speaks volumes about your attitude, it would appear petulant to put it politely.Quote from Dia…

• WebGL Update now Live!

Diabolical - - News

Quote from freezy: “This should not happen, it should save your settings. Maybe a cookie issue in your browser? ” I've seen this, and I think it's based on existing pages, open. If you have two matches open, and you switch one of them to the old graphics, then refresh the other match, it'll open with the old graphics. Similarly, if you close both web pages, but the most recent page closed was the one that you switched to the old graphics on, then reopen the one that had the newer graphics, then …

• Quote from Little Racoon: “Quote from Diabolical: “When my empire gets huge, usually the other bigger players join together to take me down. ” And that is why you pretend to be weak and have a small one instead. ” Tried it...doesn't fly when they can see your army size every four days in the World Herald. It's now time for a pointed soapbox tangent. ~0~ Actually, I've just won a match where I was totally dominant. I had an army three times as big as anyone else. But they all banded against me in…

• WebGL Update now Live!

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Mihai1234: “Quote from Little Racoon: “So far it's working on mine, and it actually was really smooth! However, I couldn't see my troops clearly, and the colors may be a bit to hurtful to the eyes. Takes some adjustment, but I think it's fine. Just need to get used to it. There is also one more suggestion I would like in the WebGL: could the zooming be less sensitive? It's very very smooth, and I like that, but when I zoom, it zooms too much, and when I shrink it, it shrinks too much.…

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “Quote from GreatDaddy: “every country is already taken. It says that for every game I start. ” I assume these are team type games. This is the standard message when you are not able to choose a country, but in this case the message needs some explanation. In order to be balanced teams you are not allowed to select your country if your team already is larger than another team. This is intended to prevent several players from selecting fantastic starting countries all for on…

• WebGL Update now Live!

Diabolical - - News

My only FP match was a non-supported map which I couldn't play for the past few weeks, so I never really got a chance to test this out. But now that I'm seeing it in my regular games, I'm both happy and sad. First, the scrolling is smooth and comfortable. I think I can get used to being without the zoom steps. The colors are kinda nice, in a drab sort of way, but they make it very hard to see individual units of one's own colors. At least, it seems that way for my colors. Also, the non-core prov…

• Quote from Little Racoon: “I believe this is a thing to be changed, but maybe not right of way, since it's just a non-agression pact most of the time. It doesn't matter in coalition, but it does matter in share map. ” Oh know, I totally disagree that coalitions don't matter. Quite often, I'm losing a match because I'm being ganged up on by a coalition. When my empire gets huge, usually the other bigger players join together to take me down. I seem to have trouble getting good allies in many of m…

• Balancing Changes

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Last Warrior: “No 75% penalty is good ballancing against steamrollers. The war is not over, till it is over. Even if enemy has 2 times more provinces he is not two time stronger economic power, but still has two time higher daily upkeep. ” Actually, this isn't entirely true. Though in the early game, one player can quickly take over another, but the local economy has been shattered and they have to rebuild what was captured. So in that sense, yes, you're right in that there isn't a gr…

• OK, so this one sucks. I'm defending at a coalition ally's fortress. I'm defending his territory and I get the benefit of the fort's defensive bonus. An invading army attacks whom both I and my ally are at war with. So, I fight the invader....and am currently in the process of thoroughly beating him down. But, despite my lopsided advantage and I eventually won the battle, the other guy has just captured the province....and destroyed the fort in the process. Since I won, I got the province in the…

• Balancing Changes

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Back in WW2, bombers were facing much more problems. You could hear them arriving from several kilometers distance... They were reliant on visual detection... Aiming wasn't an easy job... On a bad weather day: Forget it... Can you imagine bombing an infantry regiment scattered over a few miles with WW2 bombers? In CoW a piece of cake - in real life... have fun. ” T'is a good point, Hans. CoW can only be so realistic. But at least with the new balance changes, the realit…

• Quote from Restrisiko: “Adding manpower is a good idea and would be ok, but not gold or HC, because 1) crates can also be found when all enemies have left the map, even after the end of the ranking period; and 2) it would lead to abuse through "farm-maps". ” That's a good point, about the farm maps and sole survivor maps. Actually, since one could be by themselves on a map, early on, they could slowly pick up all their blueprints which would be somewhat of an unfair advantage since they don't re…

• Balancing Changes

Diabolical - - News

(Hidden Content) Quote from Stormbringer50: “Maybe if you folks are adamant in the idea that planes need their hps nerfed, then in the future we could have airbases contribute in some small way to resource production. It would make sense, after all. I always reckoned that the reason naval bases and infrastructure contributed to resource production because resources could be moved faster. airbases would fit right into that mentality ” Well, having a well-planned infrastructure in the real world h…

• Balancing Changes

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Stormbringer50: “so far in frontline games, the report is that it is too much. It isnt fair that very expensive units, esp when taking into account that air bases must be built in addition to the research and high cost of building planes, are extremely fragile to very cheap units. Building ABs means you are not building infrastructure and other resource enhancing buildings. Anyone that spams only airforce is left extremely vulnerable in their rear, as they only have resources to build…

• Teaser: WebGL Update

Diabolical - - News

Quote from freezy: “And yeah I know change is hard and it takes time for people to get accustomed to new things, but eventually it will happen. We cannot always cater towards the past in all cases ” I'm OK with [some] change. But I just hope you guys don't act like Microsoft which makes gargantuan changes between editions of Office, Windows, Skype, etc., with little consideration for those in their user communities that want newer versions of the software without giant leaps in interface changes…

• Teaser: WebGL Update

Diabolical - - News

Quote from Sasri: “If your onboard graphics chip does not work, your whole PC won't work, but an external graphics card is not necessarily needed to play Call of War with WebGL. ” I can tell you that this is patently not true. I have had the onboard GPU burn out on three different laptops (from cracked welds caused by repeated overheating/cooling via graphic-heavy demands by some more intense games. In those instances, I was unable to use my computer (aside from Safe Mode) until I set it to util…