Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 71.

• Achievement Reward System

Alphared - - News

Looked at my achievements after getting a notice of completing one... To my surprise, ALL my achievements are gone (!) ... What is the plan, that we start over from scratch?!?!?

• WTF?!?!

Alphared - - Bug Reports and Issues

What are these things?!?!forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…22b2e3b4892ccae572f715326forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…22b2e3b4892ccae572f715326 They appeared after I was asked to reload the game because an improvement was made (Nov. 22) Game# 2154421 Description: In several provinces outside of my zoc a new icon appeared after I received a notification that game improvements had been made and that I should reopen the game for them to take effect. I did so. When the game loaded I had several new icons …

• Operation Highjump

Alphared - - News

Well, I have been and am enjoying the challenge game, started the first and have done very well. But (you knew that was coming), I am confused/concerned on one issue that has now come up. I am aware it can not be changed in the current games. If a country takes four research centers and then the clock begins to tick... if they lose one, and then replace it with another, the clock should reset. To clarify; The timer should run if you hold a particular set of research centers, failing to hold them…

• Upcoming Coalition Changes

Alphared - - News

I would like to say, not rudely, it's about time. These changes should make 12+ member power coalitions a thing of the past, which can only make the game better.

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from Alphared: “I have found AA to be of no usefulness ” @Alphared Here's something to try: place a fighter CAP over your high-value assets, with current level AA units on the ground. I have found the combination of fighter CAP and AA to be very effective against attacking TB wings. With adequate AA and fighter CAP, I would expect an attacking stack of 20 TB squadrons to lose 3 to 5 squadrons per attack. FYI, I am a big fan of self-propelled AA units -- I need someth…

• Quote from WiseOdin: “Quote from Alphared: “Quote from WiseOdin: “You're right. After a month, I know I'd be willing to work 100% for an invading country that captured me and ordered me to work for them ;P ” Nice sarcasm. /sarcasmYou must be replying to the OP, I did present a more reasoned response/system which - would only potentially increase production by 1% per day and even at it's best could only produce a core province after 75 days (which would not effect most games, unless all you play …

• Quote from WiseOdin: “You're right. After a month, I know I'd be willing to work 100% for an invading country that captured me and ordered me to work for them ;P ” Nice sarcasm. /sarcasm You must be replying to the OP, I did present a more reasoned response/system which - would only potentially increase production by 1% per day and even at it's best could only produce a core province after 75 days (which would not effect most games, unless all you play is RP's).

• I have found AA to be of no usefulness, Other then being a waste of research and construction, time and materials. They are slow moving aerial targets at best that can't even defend a single point stationary position. Best to do as I have, forget them and put your time and effort into fighters - at least they do more then wait to be bombed before they inevitably fall out of the sky from a Tac. bomber onslaught.

• Quote from Clanpred: “OK guys, seems some people were missed out in the conversation. I have pm'd the password to everyone. If u still haven't joined and haven't got the PW send me a pm. game is still young and lots of provinces to capture. Be aware that I am currently in first position with Sadapta a distant second ” My standard e-mail says I was messaged twice this morning on this forum (conversation?!?!?), after I dis-invited. Still NO messages anywhere on this forum, in conversation, or in t…

• Quote from Andrew G.: “Quote from Alphared: “Well, nice game, off to a good start... To bad I haven't been given a password! (Is that 'whispery' enough? Given that the op states we will be 'given' a password, not that we will have to go 'hunt down' the password after the game has already started!) ” Did you not read the pms? A troll joined the game and messed up the password. PM the mod for the new password. ” I have not received any PM's! I have not been invited to any conversations! I was not …

• Well, nice game, off to a good start... To bad I haven't been given a password! (Is that 'whispery' enough? Given that the op states we will be 'given' a password, not that we will have to go 'hunt down' the password after the game has already started!)

• Alphared in

• New Revolt System

Alphared - - Suggestions / Criticism

10,000 Thumbs Up!!!

• I think something a little less drastic should occur... each day every province at 100% (or 90%+, or 75%+, whatever) morale should have a 'chance' to increase 1% toward core status - reaching core status at 100%. It makes no sense that provinces you capture can only ever be 25% productive - whether there productivity increases due to cohersion or increased liberty, it should have a chance of increasing over time - but slowly.

• Quote from omnisxiii2: “I feel like, too many times, players with huge empires won't notice that they've been invaded by someone. If a player invades or declares war on you, it should appear in the newspaper as it does now, but it should also have a notification next to the newspaper icon, which will attract attention to the player, who will then read it and figure out that he's just been attacked. Warm up those tanks! ” Let see, checking if unwanted guests have entered your territory... Checkin…

• Research Ideas

Alphared - - Suggestions / Criticism

Idea 1: Secret research - Radar station. New building type - Radar station. Improves detection of aircraft/rockets, improves range of detection (aircraft/rockets only), improves counter-air response. Idea 2: Spy mission - Industrial espionage. Specific mission that allows a player to 'steal' research information. Criteria: if the mission is successful the spying player gains a small percentage (1-5%) of research in any one (!) unit/level that they have not completed work on AND that they have th…

• AIM-D is looking for active and skilled players for Alliance Challenge games.

• AIM-D is still seeking applicants for active alliance games. Your in game rank matters less then your skill and potential.

• Alphared Team 2 Sumatra

• Waingapu

Alphared - - Bugs & Issues

Effects - 100 player maps Waingapu (East Sumatra island chain) is inaccessible if there is no enemy unit to attack there. Normal movement or attacking an empty city will not work.