Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 622.

• Appreciation for CoW

Xarus - - General Discussions

Hi, did you ever tried the player league? The PL is a series of games made by the CoW support for the community. All games in the PL are 100% Gold free. But I must agree with you that we have a Gold problem in this game. My hope is, that we get a special High Command Event each month where it's guaranteed that none can spend Gold in this Event.

• C00L Mus1c

Xarus - - Off Topic

Here I found one good one for you! youtu.be/xop8zOmNDXw

• Speed or not?

Xarus - - Suggestions / Criticism

*push*

• Speed or not?

Do you like to play a 1/2 speed map in CoW?

• Speed or not?

Some days ago I talked with one of the CMs and I had suggested a 22 players Europe map, with half speed. We have already events with double and 4x speed. But why not make a map with half speed, for all the working people out there? The CMs means, that only a few players want to play CoW with half speed. But I think that there will be a lot of players out there, that are interested to player a slower map. When you have a high active group of players, like we have in the PL, it's hard to find time…

• accidental gold spending

Before you can shot with a rifle there must be come a voice out of the rifle that says, "do you really want to kill this person?" then you need to say, "yes I like to!" sorry for this little joke, but your wish was posted her in the forum very often. you need to get back control over your fingers, to know what you are doing.

• There is currently an issue on beta which does not allow beta users (frontline pioneers) to use the website and the games. The technicians are already working on it...

• Yes, you are right - the main problem is the efficiency of the rockets. I'm with you, if we had a reduced strength that the upkeep can be set to 50 oil per day.

• Quote from Diabolical: “Missiles are pretty cheap, but the developers added additional unrealistic costs in the form of Oil maintenance (as if missiles ever used petroleum*). ” That's no unrealistic. You need trucks to carry the rockets and the personal. The rocket fuel must be cooled to be stable and for this you need electricity. This electric power you generates we generators and this generators needs oil for operation. ---------------------------------- Freezy says that they planing a balanc…

• @Mark, you talking about old stories... and if I remember right, you started this mess with your insulting words! The German supporter was reprimanded for this things, so don't talk about a lame duck. If I made a "team fight league" I will make it in German, because it is my mother language and in this way much easier for me to moderate. We have a good working support team behind the "German Liga", so I think it's better to leave this games on the German server.

• 260p map AI builds

Quote from WarPtyLtd: “Quote from Xarus: “I think we are testing in the FP games, a new optimized AI. ” What are the victory condition for 260 player map Xarus ” The conditions always are displayed in the World Herold, VP for single player = 8558 points and 11410 VP for coalitions.

• 260p map AI builds

I think we are testing in the FP games, a new optimized AI.

• Team Up!

Xarus - - News

@Diabolical: Maybe it's better to start these game setup with "embargo" instead of "war". The good thing is that your trade market is blocked for the opponent team form the beginning. I think it will be good that is not allowed for players to offer peace to the enemy side.

• I will post the translated new rules & conditions form the German League, in this international part of this forum at the begin of week 30. So all players have enough time to read and accept the rules. I normally open the map with "starts when full" condition one or two day before start, in these way players can relaxed find the way into the league. On the other side I will make advert for the international PL in the German forum, if this league will stay in the old way with single players. Mayb…

• Our Idea at the moment is, to give all payers at the end of day 30 his own victory points, and the winning team gets this double. In this way, the best player will reach the top of the ranking soon. The best part of the team fight league is, that we, the supporter, has less work to do.

• @Diabolical: Maybe you remember my "Clash of Alliances". But this team fights ware very hard to setup. Sometimes the team lost a player or two or three teams try to go always on one other team on all maps... I had a lot of trouble with this setup. I think it's more interested for new players to enter a open team fight then to try to find a team for half a year. The fluctuation of players is very high, we have a number of players that plays each month and some player they enter the league if they…

• Players League Map Poll

Xarus - - Call of War Players League

Hi, in the German League we discuss at the moment a new mode for the next season. Inspired by the last Team-Fight Event we think about to go away from a single player league to a team league with random players each month. We think about to use the event map as a base for the league. Each month all players will be part of a team. The winning team get the double of the victory points after day 30. No diplomatic and no trade between the players will be allowed. Resources can only be trade via mark…

• Grand Slam Bomb

Xarus - - Off Topic

here is a list of accidents from the last years: (in German) November 2013: Die kontrollierte Sprengung einer zehn Zentner schweren Bombe im brandenburgischen Oranienburg verursacht große Schäden. Ein Wohnhaus ist nicht mehr zu retten und muss abgerissen werden, weitere Gebäude sind beschädigt. September 2012: In Viersen (Nordrhein-Westfalen)kommt es bei der kontrollierten Sprengung einer Weltkriegsbombe zu Verwüstungen. In der Fußgängerzone müssen Teile von Geschäften abgerissen werden. August …

• Grand Slam Bomb

Xarus - - Off Topic

In the last days we had a complicate bomb disarming in Dresden. It was a bomb from the RAF that was dropped during the WW2. It was a "only" 500 lbs bomb, but the center of Dresden was blocked for more than 24 hours. I start to read something about the bombs that was used during the war. Bomb-sizes.jpg Picture of bombs sized that used in world war 2 an here is a small video about the "Grand Slam" youtu.be/gpfZX9nLSpQ