Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 271.

• Gibraltar-British or Spanish?

Little Racoon - - Off Topic

Hm, if that's your point, then I would say yes, you have mostly proven your point. The Spanish Armada defeat caused Spain to fall from its peak, but until the War of Spanish Succession, Britain wasn't fully established as the leading naval power yet, and Spain is still quite rich from its colonies (until, of course, the US and wars for independence).

• Yes, I think this is a good idea, since I am only aware of Plane SBDE so far.

• Quote from sooinkim: “I play about almost ten... ” Not a good idea. Takes too long to check all and focus on all.

• Please, please. I already stated this once, but I will state it again: STOP FRICKING ARGUING AND GET BACK ON TOPIC! MAKE ANOTHER THREAD IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE SO MUCH!

• Ok, I am tempted to give an argument, but maybe let's go back to the topic at hand, and not migrants' contribution, yadda yadda yadda. I think we should probably stop, because this doesn't help anyone. Should we even allow migrants into our country? That, JCSDarragh has already given his viewpoint. What about migrants who truly are willing to contribute in order for a better life? Should we let them in? What should the line be between letting them in and deporting them back? I think the line is …

• Wow, never knew Robert Huszaluk could be so good at the game (more than 100VP ahead of 2nd). I wonder who was struggling but survived in that game?

• Actually, I would suggest not to use the word "savage" because there's a hint of racism in there. Anyways, I never said countries/families are obligated to take them in, just that whoever wants to takes them in, and those migrants are forced to return when the conflict is over. Also, the migrants from Europe actually got a warm welcome from natives, contrary to what @Siegfried_Stratster is saying. The natives offered to help them build shelters, give them food. That also answers JCSDarragh's que…

Quote from Ant: “Click on the links I posted in my previous post, watch the videos and you'll see that what you say is false. ” My thoughts before the video: No way. The War of Spanish Succession consolidated England as the no.1 power and humiliated France. Spain was rather weak and lost territory, including south Netherlands (Belgium). My thoughts after: First video is mostly irrelevant until the end. Second video is opposite - only beginning is relevant. It only stated Spanish victories and th…

• Militia Spam

Little Racoon - - Suggestions / Criticism

Militia is USELESS. With only lvl 1 barracks, it take 1 day 12 hrs to make militia, and the barracks + militia consumes a lot of food. Even if you have sufficient food, militia is EXTREMELY slow and can't catch up to anything. Would never produce it.

• Tactics

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

I would start with inf and AT then AA, then go where my geography leads me. NEVER EVER SPAM LTS. Even in early game, a well prepared player can take it out easily. Unless, of course, you're trying to confuse the opponent into moving his troops away from where your troops are going.

• I regret being Australia. Goods are forever the problem, and you're light-years away from everyone else (good for defense, bad for offense)

Considering I just learnt a brief overview of the War of Spanish Succession, the Treaty of Utrecht was embarrassing to the French since even though the treaty says Louis XIV's grandson could rule Spain, France and Spain cannot be ruled by the same monarch. I believe it was simply fighting over Spain, and both Spain and France were kinda the losers. Britain was the winner because Gibraltar, and Spain was forced to give up many European possessions. Anyway, England was the ultimate winner, and Spa…

• Well said, szinisa - putting an ad for our alliance smack-dab in the middle of this thread. Back to topic. I believe there will always be players who drop out early, and that will always be a problem that is even harder to solve than the gold problem. One solution I can suggest isn't punishment for being inactive. Rather, I would like rewards for being active till the end, like an achievement. It could be something like this: "Loyal Leader" Bronze - Not going inactive for three games. Reward: 75…

• Propaganda

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

Hey, this is actually really good. However, people will doubt the truth in this if it isn't anonymous. However, when in war and you REALLY need help, you can do something like this: (assuming I'm Germany) STOP THE GANGING UP Germany, originally a neutral country, has attacked France knowing if he doesn't attack first, France will surely gather troops and ambush him. However, days into the war, Germany's supposed allies and neutral neighbors has turned against him, forcing him to fight on 3 front…

• I joined in day 4 and realized my neighbor had just declared war on me.

• Quote from Siegfried_Stratster: “As for bias, everything that everybody reports on is going to be biased to some degree in accordance with their own knowledge and personal experiences. ” I must say this is true, as we all have our own biases. However, my point is that you only speak of the negatives of some migrants/refugees while missing the big picture. I do not disagree that there are some violence when countries let refugees in, but you simply cannot refuse everyone with just that view. The …

• Quote from Siegfried_Stratster: “More like undermines the economy with cheap labor that brings wages down from whatever economic sectors the migrants are flooding into. Or alternatively they get on the dole in exponentially higher numbers than what the host nation has in that regard. Plus the crime rates explode when you unleash hordes of war-traumatized men of military age, of a usually alien culture /religion upon your civilization. ” You are making a biased statement about migrants/refugees. …

• I actually wanted to put China, Serbia and Austria Hungary in there, but then, there will be too many options. I kinda regret putting Japan in WWI in there, since they basically just took German Chinese colonies while little Serbia was going thru hell.

• Technology advancements

Little Racoon - - News

Quote from Undermin3d: “Smoke rising from low morale provinces is not animated? ” I believe when you zoom out a lot, the smoke disappears, which is actually a good thing if you want to take a screenshot of your entire map. Quote from Undermin3d: “No country names anymore. I'm fairly good at geography, and at the same time i find it annoying that the name of the country isn't displayed for similar reasons as the above point. ” Maybe devs can put the country names when we zoom out (along with enla…

• Appreciation for CoW

Little Racoon - - General Discussions

Except for gold and some minor issues, I too really like this game. When I first played the game, since I love warfare tactics so much, I romanticized my conquests and dreams (surprisingly, I was using Italy, which its leader Mussolini also romanticized his dreams), and just love the complex game system. I would really like to see it going for, let's say, at least another decade. Games these days don't last long, and I don't want CoW to be one of them, for the game is great, the community great,…