Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 138.

• The reason I mentioned Mark Achkar's post is because it does a good job of summarising my expectations. Quote from grandpooba52: “the rules were not intended or meant to elimimate or restruict players from joining together in any manner that they chose. the rules were not written to have each player rely on themselves in an all out war. That is an impossile and unenforceable rule. ” Then I supose I am guilty of having expectations that do not meet reality. Perhaps some discusion could be had abo…

• Hello fellow players, Lets start by saying that this is no way to keep things civil guys... Quote from grandpooba52: “There was no response in the world herald because that is not the place for discussion ” Anouncements in the World Herald are part of the game that is being played. Whether it requires a response or not is up to each and every individual player. As we are not within the boundries of a map being played on this forum I do think it is fair to point out that some statements made in t…

• THE GOLD

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Hello all, Why can't they make gold free maps a high command only thing? I'm sure would get high command if that would be the case. I think many more would agree with me.

• Event Games

Normal antarctica maps are also really cool! They play very different than all the other maps around.

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “I have learned much more by losing to a more experienced player than I ever have from defeating a less experienced player. I study my own mistakes and missteps and learn from them. Some can be corrected within that game, and sometimes it cannot. So I really have a mixed opinion on this suggestion. If you coddle new players they still will not be ready to deal with an aggressive experienced player whenever that time comes. ” Same, I have also learned a lot from losing to be…

• Hello fellow players, I just noticed something that I find quite funny, so I decided to share. "The PL is a no gold allowed community event" "Rule #1 - gold use is forbidden!" PL rewards: #1 - 20k gold, 2 months high command. #2 - 10k gold, 1 month high command. #3 - 5k gold, 2 weeks high command. So our no gold allowed community hands out gold as rewards. I find the irony in that quite amusing. Kind regards, Edepedable

• @freezy You are right, I didn't notice this. I could have sworn it used to say morale though?.. Since the game gives an explanation of all the clickable buttons if you hover over them, that is also what I did for the repair button of units to get some info about the green bar. If you hover your mouse over the button to repair units with gold the apearing pop-up states the following. ''Army Reinforcement Sends reinforcements to improve the morale and condition of of each unit in this army by up t…

• @BattleIvanvan Here is my best shot at explaining: Both units and provinces have morale. Units their hitpoints are related to displayed morale and Status Based Damage Efficiency (SBDE), but these 3 are not the same thing. I think the main confusion arises in the way the game names all (morale for units and provinces), considering you are a soldier IRL. The green bar that units carry with them which is named the 'morale' bar is actually not their morale at all but their amount of hit points in %.…

• No I don't mean that unit size should be the same. Its just that unit sizes being the way they are in Call of War, commanders and such are already part of every unit. The scale difference between every unit in the game and a 'command unit' would just always seem off to me. Also I don't see how a unit on the ground would have all these different effects for whatever it may cost. What would the cost of such a u unit be? And its defenses against other units? How fast could it go? Is it an airborne …

• Hello fellow players, I'm a little sceptic as to having any form of army command in the form of units. The scale seems of for these units, units in the game are battalion sized. So how a 'commander unit' or 'command battalion unit' would relate to the rest of the game's units in terms of resources would be a mystery to me. I think it would be quite hard. So I would suggest not having them as a moveble unit. Fighting someone that pays to spam rockets just to kill your command unit/general would a…

• Lost Production

I am also a big fan of doing suggestions. Though I do think a lot of things in the game are the way they are for a reason. I think that this is why the game works so well strategicly. Before I make a suggestion I always first try thinking of reasons why things are they way they are. A good reason imo to not to let players continue training a unit after they aborted it is because it makes people able to summon 'sudden armies'. What if you train a couple of different units and abort every one befo…

• Owh yeah thats true. I have only played the 4p map once, quite recently actually. What I remeber from looking around the map is that every country has very few of 1 resource. Having that one oil province on that map was about the same as having none to me, it restricts you a lot. Your starting navy drinks up oil and so building infrastructure, planes and airfields was quite challenging. Especially when I needed the occacional armored unit on top of that. Yes UK has absolutely nothing in rares, b…

• Lost Production

Big part of how strategy works in the game. You have to think things through before building things.

• Thats the 4p map. Uk has no rares, France has no oil and so on. You have to work together very closely to do well. Also, the entire map is very small scale, you probably won't be commanding an army consisting of more than 2 digits at any time during this map. I supose thats what makes it fun, but it plays differently then most other maps. Good luck though! Find a way

• Wauw, I have been playing CoW since november 2015 and thanks to Xarus I just found out there is a search bar in the newspaper. I feel dumb now.....

• That is all true. The point I am trying to make is that it is a lot tougher for inexperienced players to fight experienced players then it is for an experienced bad player to fight an experienced good player. The difference in experience on top of being good or bad at the game creates to much of a difference in my opinion. So that is why I think it is more fun for lower level players to learn the game among their piers. You need a bigger tutorial then just one map.

• Can I also be supportive? I think this will work. So no rewards for placing first, second third or whatever then? I can see this work for the 22 p and 50p maps. Though I'm having doubts about whether VP's are 4 times easier to get on a 100p map and twice as hard on a 10p map when a 22p is the standard. The ratio at these extremes seems a bit off to me. But I definately aplaud this way to go about it. In case there will be no additional rewards for placement that is.

• Mobile or desktop, the papers always tell you how much you need. I think only desktop tells you both for solo and coalition victory. So if you are on your phone and are not good with math. Take 1/3 of the solo victory points and add it to the solo victory points. If solo voctory points are 3300 that means. 3300 × 1/3 = 1100, 3300 + 1100 = 4400 3300 × (4÷3) = 4400 3300 × 1.3333 = 4399.89 3300 ÷ 60 = 55, 55 × 80 = 4400 Plenty of ways to do it. Good luck!

• I'm pretty sure it will cost your opponent a lot more then it will cost you, so I'd say do it. I have used single subs to destroy 12 convoys (in groups of 1 or 2 though) and the sub was around 90% when it was done. Sub survived and the convoys died. And like I said, it will always cost your opponent more. If you sink infantry he will lose way more manpower than you. If you sink tanks he will lose more steel. Planes --》 oil. Etc. Just do it!

• Pay to Play games

Quote from VorlonFCW: “And you will find that many players are quite skilled without the use of gold. It is always a convenient excuse when you are outsmarted our outmaneuvered to blame gold, instead of skill. It takes a tremendous amount of gold to make up for a lack of skill. ” VorlonFCW knows what is up. If someone beats you because of gold use there is a flaw in your strategy. It means you did not take into account or recognize that this player could be or is using gold. This won't always sa…