Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 425.

• New Event - All Countries: All In

_Pontus_ - - News

Erhhh, having said all that... Support to the rescue in event map 2622725 please! Map doesnt load. Edit: I can access the mobile version, so no emergency on my side. Edit2: reset solved the problem with the convoyed ghost planes (I guess)

• New Event - All Countries: All In

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from BeerBelly: “This event sucks, please NEVER offer it again!!! Here is the list of countries that I got (I quit immediately). I'm not going to join a coalition on this terrible map and just get carried to the win. Why does Bytro think it is fair/fun to give some players gigantic advantages and others HUGE penalties? 100% dumb idea. ” Your message says as much as "I am an unimaginative player" Belgium almost got me on my map, where I am the Netherlands. If he had won, he could now be in …

• Hot Winter Update

_Pontus_ - - News

OK, I love the looks of the webGL thing and the scrolling is very nice, but ...despite an i7 processor, 12Gig Ram and a Gefroce-xyz graphics card, ...with which I play WOT smoothly on medium settings, so, which should be more than enough for this graphically not so demanding game, ...this webGL thing just won't run well! Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to change something in my setting? Does someone have tips, tricks or whatever for me to make it run well? Or does the webGL simply require …

• Quote from Shoravaz: “Of course, I don't mindlessly throw suggestions around just because of mistakes ” Point taken However, the food limitations also form a sort of noob-protection. If that wouldn't be so, everybody with some skill would blitz around the globe unhampered. I like to see the whole principle of 25% production in occupied territories, growth issues (i.e. food), logistics etc. as a challenge and as a protetctive measure for lesser experienced players

• Quote from ike53: “When you are blitzing across Asia and are taking 30-50 provinces a day food becomes more of the enemy than your enemy. ” That ofc is a (temporary) problem. The food consumption of non- or low-food producing provinces forms a barrier. Not unrealistic, though. The solution I tend to use is to ofc kill all enemy units, but not conquer all provinces. I try to avoid taking empty lands w/o points or resources or other strategic value, until I can end a war with an opponent. It takes…

• Air Battle

_Pontus_ - - General Discussions

Quote from patriota75: “Air superiority is most important in this game. ” The cost of achieving and maintaining air superiority is now much higher than before. Especially Tactical Bombers are not what they used to be since the update of Aug. 28. Alternatively, defence against massive air fleets (whether split or heaped) with other means than 'an even bigger & badder air-force', is very well possible and offers many additional advantages. However, for this to be effective, one still needs to mast…

• Rationing?? How about ... let me say something weird here ... how about: planning ahead? There are several options you might want to consider: - building infra, factories and harbours on grain producing provinces? And you know what? When you do that in time, you might not have a need for rationing... - building troops that suit your supply situation? Normally you can smell a food problem days or even weeks ahead, so it is not that difficult to adjust the type of troop you will be producing by th…

• Air Battle

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “You're absolutely right; BUT, losses should be incurred by both side, based on relative skill. ” I fully agree, if it is the case that it comes to a shoot out; but that is not always so. Imagine, when 2 Red Barons would be fighting eachother in the sky, neither of them will make a mistake (assuming there is no infantryman on the ground with a machine gun ... is who brought down the Red Baron in RL, apparently) and the air battle would end without victory, simply becaus…

• Air Battle

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Do you REALLY not consider it a game flaw that the optimum way to conduct air battle requires you and your opponent each to be online every 15 minutes, and when you both do, zero losses are inflicted? ” If put in that way, it indeed sounds awful, but ... Say there are 2 opponents fighting for control of the airspace, with equal skills and equal air fleets, should the outcome then be dictated by the game mechanics and 'x-factor' alone, or should the human-player element…

• Air Battle

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Sadly, the designers know about this serious flaw in game mechanics but have chosen not to adress it. ” It is not a flaw. It is called battle... In such a case, commitment will make the difference ... or the fact that you have to go to work, school, shopping and your opponent not Then again, maybe he has to do something, while you can remain at te controls and you get the upper hand. Calling this a flaw is incorrect IMHO; in fact it adds spice to the battle and require…

• New rule for airplanes-

Planes in flight (with exception of being on attack mission) will be reassigned to ANY own or friendly airbase within the action radius (the large white circle) of the planes. There is no half-way rule, location in green triangle or any other condition; only location within the action radius counts. Any airbase of your own or at least ROW country will do.

• Any mono-culture ultimately leads to starvation.... Combined weapons of the right choice (matching abilities or complementing abilities) is the only right choice, when facing experienced enemies IMHO. Further, this game is so incredibly well thought through, that there is truly an answer to each threat, as long as you are willing to spend the brain resources to think-up the solution. And there is no 1-solution-fits-all to the questions posed. Under threat of TBs, AA is a great answer, but not ju…

• WebGL Update now Live!

_Pontus_ - - News

ehhh. me not happy. map freezes, chat freezes etc . messaging echother freezes. did all that already, but now a big lot more than before. looks are great though and the zooming is awesome

• Transport ships

_Pontus_ - - Bugs & Issues

Quote from MontanaBB: “Slow down. Think before you act. ” Is always good :))) But lets test them first. S Schmidt's idea with the reduced unload times instead of speed increases is also very attractive; especially for invasion forces. No matter what, I love the addition already.

• 10k gold is earned with 2 won games or 4x 2nd place on a mid sized map or .... well, the math is easy Not that the fee should be seen as a deterrent, but good free-players can easily earn more than 10k in a few games; especially if they don't spend in-game. A higher fee should thus not be a problem. The idea is that the gold-free maps also make money for Bytro and if the fee is 'too low', these maps wouldn't generate that income. This fee is nevertheless something the 'bean counters' should be a…

• Free players that never put any money in the pockets of Bytro for development and maintenance should really stop complaining. Sorry, but it is plain silly and spoiled behaviour. Besides that, the game is extremely well playable without gold, for which Bytro should be applauded. Due to circumstance, I played 2 years without spending a penny ... and I did not drop a single point in the ranking (on the contrary: I rose in the ranks just as well). If you cannot play well without gold, if you never m…

• Pls... stop trying to manage Bytro for Bytro. Start your own company then. The point should be to have a productive discussion on how to have gold-free-matches. (probably paid for as a gold-option, so F2P players would have to suffer from golden showers anyway, unless you win enough to get the gold from maps to join gold-free ones). To date, Bytro have done pretty well (for us!) and all that without resorting to becoming a Chinese-money-pit-game. Bytro games are of a high quality, well balanced,…

• The sad thing is how this discussion has drifted from a useful subject with a possible productive outcome into a pro-, neutral- and anti-gold discussion. The point is not whether gold is good or bad. Gold is anyhow necessity for the game to progress in its development (for which income is simply needed). The existance of gold and the use of it, is thus not the point of discussion in itself. The question is: could it be made possible to play matches without gold, even if we have to pay for that. …

• New Game Management

_Pontus_ - - Bugs & Issues

Am I going blind or can I just not find any info on the game being ranked or not in the new label?

• The solution is simple as it has been said so often: Like the pay for any gold feature in maps, like drops, elite Ai etc, there could be a feature "No-gold in map". Just make that feature expensive enough to cover income for Bytro. Whether that feature be 50g or 500k can be calculated. Ofc, if it is to be 500k, then the use will be very limited. The Golden Shower Boys will not like these maps and just not choose the feature or maps with the feature. Others who like to pay Bytro for the fun game,…