Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• TRAINING GAME

VorlonFCW - - Community Events

As this is a game internal to your alliance please don't advertise it on the forum. We wish to keep the forum neat and clean without a bunch of useless threads. To communicate with just your group you can create a private conversation using the "conversations" tab at the top of this forum

• Quote from Edepedable: “- stop making PL a tournament ” The only reason that the Players League has the support as an official gold free game is that is an official tournament, otherwise it is just another game. The support staff has the ability to support such official community tournaments and enforce the rules that are agreed upon during entry. There will not be the same level of gold monitoring or prizes without the tournament structure.

• I put my naval "'picket line" a lot further out to sea than you show. For example: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…31e871351f530ee5bf2690345 I will put subs out at the red arrows, and check frequently to see if anything is crossing my picket line. This gives me time to react. I put a destroyer group much closer to shore as a quick reaction force. This gives me room to maneuver and intercept such as the yellow arrows indicate. You can sometimes take a guess as to the routes people will use, and pu…

• New Event - All Countries: All In

VorlonFCW - - News

Quote from BeerBelly: “Why does Bytro think it is fair/fun to give some players gigantic advantages and others HUGE penalties? ” That sums up the historical map in general. Loved by many and despised by others. Personally I think that the "big" countries have a disadvantage at the start anyway in the historical map, so a group of small or even micro countries can probably make it just as well. They don't have the overhead, the population, the oil drinking navy, and the scattered provinces of the…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I have always thought, and observations are consistent with this, that the bomber's damage is split between the available target. So in the case of one tank, it would deliver all damage to that tank; and when bombing one infantry and one tank, it would deliver half it's damage to the tank, and the other half to the infantry (giving different results for both partial attacks of course, because damage against non-armored is higher). ” This is entirely possible as the act…

• Quote from Prefector: “say a T. Bomber does 3 damage to infantry and 3 damage to tanks it is now doing 6 damage total. But if you only have 3 infantry instead of 1 infantry and 1 tank, than the T. Bomber would only do damage to the infantry for 3. ” Correct However bulkier stacks do survive longer, and you get the air defense value of more types of units when you have a larger stack. So if you have two small stacks the planes can pick off one and then the other. If you have one large stack that …

• The New Call of Gold

VorlonFCW - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Edepedable: “I have had a lot of players expose my gold use in the papers during different maps. Funny thing is, I do not use gold. I prefer the tactic and strategical skill in managing without it. To some people my experience and skill in the game thusfar makes it seem as if I use gold. ” Same here. I am sometimes cautious about how hard and fast I hit an enemy because they will accuse me of using mountains of gold, when I in fact did not. Skill, timing, and attention to detail are s…

• Quote from Lukenick: “Does this apply to all games because Bytro is in Germany, ” Yes. Quote from Lukenick: “Would it be possible to make a spectator option where the spectator has no knowledge of unit locations, player names, or any specifics other than the changing map borders for each country and the newspaper stats (strongest army, most developed, best economy, richest ruler, etc.)? ” I doubt that such a spectator option would be possible, but of course one of the players can take images and…

• Yes, you can bombard with artillery, and patrol over with planes without going to war. Attacking unit of country A with rockets or by directly attacking with planes will lead to war with country B.

• Such a thing is not possible, and would be in violation of The General Data Protection Regulation.

• I have never been able to duplicate this so called "bug"

• Bombing Nuclear Rockets?

VorlonFCW - - Questions and Answers

Yes, the AI is not cognisant of the fact that they will destroy themselves in the process with their own nuke. I saw one person mention that they were approaching an enemy capital for a closer look, or perhaps even on a road that went around the capital. The AI had an atomic bomber, and decided to attack the player's single light tank with said atomic bomber, which incinerated all the AI's own units at the capital. This enabled the player to capture it without further combat.

• The New Call of Gold

VorlonFCW - - Suggestions / Criticism

I have lost more times in gold free tournament games than I have otherwise, so I can' t say that there is any uptick in players spending habits that I have seen.

VorlonFCW - - News

Quote from Little Racoon: “To be honest, I like the major advantage of Yemen and Panama, since they allow incentives to take over these amazingly OP resource hotspots. ” Exactly. It creates a "king of the mountain" type of atmosphere

• Quote from Restrisiko: “>> If a nuclear rocket is fired at a sea target and the target moves out of the target point, then the rocket hits the water -- and sinks with a silent plop, without detonating and causing damage .. ” Now that is interesting. I didn't know that, but it explains a couple of events. Always appreciate your input Restrisiko.

• Of course the mechanics are the same, but there is no visible crater on the water. You are probably asking this question as you are still looking at an intel view from before the nuke blast, and have not gone back to look. Read here: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=155263#post155263

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “Cuba being playable in the 25 player historical is a bug. ” Correcting the record here: It isn't a bug, and cuba has always been playable.

VorlonFCW - - News

There are some countries on this event map that actually do produce more resources, such as Yemen in your example. This is not a bug or a glitch, but the way this map is. I do not believe there are presently any plans to change it during this event, but some changes may be done before the next time this map is used for an event.

• Please pay no attention to the posts by Cool Breeze, as he is not a staff member and has no idea what may or may not be a bug. There are some countries on this event map that actually do produce more resources, such as Yemen in your example. This is not a bug or a glitch, but the way this map is. I do not believe there are presently any plans to change it during this event, but some changes may be done before the next time this map is used for an event.

• You can sometimes piece that information together. With spies on both ends you might get one spy report that lists: Sent by Person A: Go North and Recieved by Person B: Go North which would let you know both the sender and recipient of the message if it was not otherwise obvious. In my experience such information is rarely complete enough to paint this picture.