Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 72.

• Watch towers

Kanaris - - Suggestions / Criticism

I like the mine idea but there needs to be some sort of a counter otherwise its OP. Maybe if you have Commandoes in your stacks they detect the mines and the speed debuff by the mines is decresed or removed?

• I never said anything about mass producing. I dont mass produce them but I do have specific jobs for them despite their week stats and slow speed they are useful in certain situations.

• Quote from BeerBelly: “I hope we meet on the battlefield Kanaris because your militia wont stop ANY of my units. You obviously don't see the big picture of newer players wasting time, resources, research on a slow unit which never improves speed and has limited use. And yes, when you are negative food and low on goods, militia become a very useless unit. ” By all means please feel free to remain snugly confined in the recesses of you narrow mind it will make my task of defeating you sooooo much …

• I dont think you guys understand the logistics involved in keeping units deployed in the field even if they are not "moving" First of all do you think 1 tank represents a single tank vehicle? That 1 fighter represents a single airplane? Of course NOT! It represents and entire group a fighting unit. Second do you know how much "non fighting" personnel is required to keep one combat unit operational? We are talking mechanics, doctors, resupply convoys, tactical planners, etc the list goes on and o…

• No such thing as a useless unit just unimaginative commanders. If you dont like militia dont use it, but not by any means does it make it useless.

• Retreat

I can think of a number of gamey tactics to use in the event of retreat being implemented and I am not that smart I am sure orhers can come up with even gamier stuff so please let sleeping dogs lie...

• Retreat

If they ever implement retreat option they need to rebalance combat resolution for this game. Its already bad enough to deal with the numerous shoot&scooters now imagine if you give them a retreat option...

• Personally I like the speed fine the way it is and I am not in the least interested in a faster pace. This game is very complex, you have to really work on your economy, diplomacy, infrastructure unit production etc... The longer you stay in a field the harder it gets planning wise and the more time it requires to play right. So by day 40ish there is plenty to keep you busy for hours at a time and speeding up the game is just no viable or sustainable for some of us. Some of us have lives, work, …

• Command times

This is a very interesting idea, that will also put an end to the shoot and scoot gamey tactics. I would only change one thing. The time interval between an order being issued and executed should not be arbitrary. It should be directly proportionate to the size of the unit the order is being issued to. The bigger the unit stack the more time it should take for the command to be carried out. A 100 unit mega stack should not have the same response time as a smaller more flexible stack of 10 units.…

• Its not hard at all to assuage the R&D bottleneck and provide more unit diversity. As I have proposed before simply allow for additional research slots to be opened up as the nation is growing. Once a nation has attained x amount of victory points a 3rd research slot should be opened. Later on when it has accumulated a lot more VPs open a 4th slot. Devs can use this simple method to control the research pace on a per map/scenario basis and it doesnt require reworking the existing research time a…

• Trade cheating

Kanaris - - Questions and Answers

Ever hear of the lend-lease act? If not google it. I dont recall Germany reporting UK-US to the moderators for cheeting...

• I am all for removing all the units you just mentioned. By the way both of the Ops Market Garden and Mercury were disastrous for the paratroopers.

• The AI trades are annoying and worst of all utterly useless; hard pass.

• Rude players

Kanaris - - General Discussions

Well if you consider beating someone by playing head games "winning" more power to you I guess... I rather be polite, fight like fierce enemies and leave as friends at the end of the match, having earned the other peoples respect, rather then generate bad blood by provoking peole.

• It is a problem because of the way damage is calculated. When a stack receives damage it is spread over all the unit types that are present in said stack. Demonstrating the point with a simple example if my stack receives 50 points of damage and it contains 5 different unit types then each type of unit receives 10 points of damage. If it contains 10 different unit types then each type of unit receives 5 points of damage and so on. Of course this is not totally accurate as there are other factors…

• WebGL Update now Live!

Kanaris - - News

Ok good to know, thank you kindly for the quick reply

• WebGL Update now Live!

Kanaris - - News

Anyone else having a problem seeing rebelling provinces after the WebGL update was applied? I no longer see the smoke on rebelling provinces (under 35% morale)

• Ok as no one wants to address the elephant in the room I'll do it. The problem with this idea you are leaving the door wide open for people to abuse tech stacking. With the proposed method I can easily produce infantry chose to leave them at lvl1 (not activate upgrade option) and research lvl2 then build some lvl2 chose not to upgrade them and research lvl3 and so forth and tech stack them effectively making super stacks that are broken an I can do that with all my units not just infantry! Thus …

• So 3 weeks in a match when we start having armies of 100+ units you want us to have to go and individually select each unit to indicate if we want to upgrade it or not? Hard pass on this no thanks

• I am in love with the lowly armored car and all the towed units in general