Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 285.

• Pinned Threads

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

Who actually pins the threads? Moderators? Devs? To be honest, many of the pinned are useful, but shouldn't every now and then we discuss which to stay on, which to put down?

• Quote from JCS Darragh: “Not to mention, you could just put units in major cities and industrial areas that you want defended. Throw some AT, AA, a light tank or medium tank battalion and that's pretty much it for any airborne operation that occurs. ” Large empires tend to have a lot of these, and small nations tend to have very little units for these.

• Here's my take on this: Ideal attack: Use stacks of 5 interceptors and 5 tac bombers in same stack, bombard enemy lines with arti and railguns to minimize losses. Focus on one point in the enemy for best effects, but spread to whole enemy line if your army allows. Once you have bombarded a hole in enemy defenses, charge your tanks forward and exploit the gap. After the initial exploit, the rest is up to you. Whether rush toward the capital, surround remaining enemy defenses, simply wreak havoc a…

• Oh yikes. Another paratrooper thread. Summed up in one word for my point of view: No. I like the research tree as it is, and as Stormbringer has said, military espionage is basically paratroopers. CoW is different from real war. In real war, there is always a second line of defense and much more complicated, whereas in CoW, you don't have resources for a second line, and therefore, most of your provinces would be empty = if someone breaks through your defense, you're screwed. What point is there…

• New Event - All Countries: All In

Little Racoon - - News

Quote from iDragons: “I like the gamemode but I don't like the rules of the game. I think next time this event comes out it should be free country selection, and it should be a little more balanced. Countries like Greece have struggling economies, while Yemen is drowning in riches. ” I agree that countries like Yemen have too much of an advantage in specific resources, but keep in mind that Yemen doesn't have oil production and is prone to early invasions. I played Yugoslavia in the event, and f…

Little Racoon - - News

I would really wanna join another one, but unforturnately I don't have enough time. I would REALLY like this as a system game like the 100p every now and then and make the 25p available for player-create again. I would DEFINITELY want to try out Danzig. I mean if I get wiped out early on, doesn't affect my stats much, and if I get Poland, I get a sense of achievement.

• I saw you playing Liberia. It was hilarious, since I thought you would be my biggest threat, and then I saw it. LOL Edit: Albania is part of Italy, while Liberia has a small chance of getting steamrolled because it's next to colonies (unless Liberia provokes the mother country).

• Um, if you manipulate the diplomacy well, I guess any country works for you. I would really like to play Yemen. The OP resource production... mmm

Little Racoon - - News

Hey, at least you're not Danzig. I feel it's quite interesting, although I am disappointed to get Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia is easy if you manage the diplomacy well, but I wanted countries that are usually AI, such as Saudi Arabia. To be honest, I like the major advantage of Yemen and Panama, since they allow incentives to take over these amazingly OP resource hotspots. I have some minor thumbs down, such as unlucky players getting Danzig (it should be included into Poland), but otherwise, it's gre…

• So, an idea popped up in my head about this forum: what do you think about this forum? What trend do you see? What do you think are the main problems in this forum and how can it be fixed? Do you think this forum is useful? Etc, etc. My point is, everyone here can have a say about anything about this forum. I want everyone who posts here to be honest, but not rude. Rant/Praise, but not discriminating. Simply - apply common sense. Please don't violate these because I really don't want another thr…

• Except that it would only delay his demise. If you really don't care, the best option is: leave. I once got really frustrated when I used basically all my earned gold to get revenge on a guy who used gold on me earlier, but found out he was gonna leave the next day. So yeah, try getting everyone to leave, and the gold guy will feel useless cos there's no one to bully.

• Hot Winter Update

Little Racoon - - News

Quote from Shodanar: “Blah Blah Blah...Love that the all things are great for the phone and /phone puppets. I know without these you can't bring in new gold buyers or set up for something else.... What I want is to not have the frakin event screen pop up! I've enough problems killing all these puppets to get pissed about that. ” I'm not trying to only target you, Shodanar, but for the last time, please do not rant about things without giving a decent explanation. I apologize for being so harsh, …

• Quote from 25clash8: “early game around day 1-4 focus on increasing your resources in your core province mainly oil and steel and just manufacture light tanks don't bother with producing anything at around day 4-5 which ever u prefer u can attack ai with your stacked light tanks and over run the ai countries and start to produce both interceptor and tactical bombers as you will need them in the late games.... after day 8 research mt and just spam the opp with mt backing it up with your huge air …

• Recently, I was trying to create a game for me and my friend to collaborate in since he was a newbie. However, I was in the mobile version and cannot find the button "create new game". I think this should be implemented into the mobile version as it would not only be much more convenient, but it will also give mobile COW players a choice to create games and not just join ones that they may or may not have liked.

• Gibraltar-British or Spanish?

Little Racoon - - Off Topic

Hm, if that's your point, then I would say yes, you have mostly proven your point. The Spanish Armada defeat caused Spain to fall from its peak, but until the War of Spanish Succession, Britain wasn't fully established as the leading naval power yet, and Spain is still quite rich from its colonies (until, of course, the US and wars for independence).

• Yes, I think this is a good idea, since I am only aware of Plane SBDE so far.

• Quote from sooinkim: “I play about almost ten... ” Not a good idea. Takes too long to check all and focus on all.

• Please, please. I already stated this once, but I will state it again: STOP FRICKING ARGUING AND GET BACK ON TOPIC! MAKE ANOTHER THREAD IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE SO MUCH!

• Ok, I am tempted to give an argument, but maybe let's go back to the topic at hand, and not migrants' contribution, yadda yadda yadda. I think we should probably stop, because this doesn't help anyone. Should we even allow migrants into our country? That, JCSDarragh has already given his viewpoint. What about migrants who truly are willing to contribute in order for a better life? Should we let them in? What should the line be between letting them in and deporting them back? I think the line is …

• Wow, never knew Robert Huszaluk could be so good at the game (more than 100VP ahead of 2nd). I wonder who was struggling but survived in that game?