Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 157.

• Hello fellow player, Quote from Lukenick: “I think the coalition & non-coalition idea would be better in my mind. Would there be enough new players to join a non-coalition game? ” Well I do not know about new players as an individual group. The current no-coalition format however was voted the winner for the current season by new and more experienced players alike. Quote from Lukenick: “One of the hard parts about dividing the league based on experience would be the problem of deciding which pla…

• The New Call of Gold

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Hello fellow player, Quote from CoralWar: “ Quote from MACKMITTENZ: “I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a…

• Hello @Diablo Mayor, Quote from Diablo Mayor: “ Quote from cerealnerd: “I thought it was the Players league, not a coalition league. Maybe coalitions are a bigger problem than realized. ” So instead of making a "premier" league and a "first" league or whatever names were mentioned earlier maybe we should do this..... How about we have a "Single Player" league - a PL where everyone is a lone wolf. There is no communication with other players allowed and much less any RoW or map sharing. Then ther…

• Hello all, Two good quotes from K.Rokossovski that I can use to illustrate some of the idea behind this thread with: Quote from K.Rokossovski: “This is like some ebb and flood thing. People plea for less rules; inadverse effects happen; people want those countered; more rules are implemented; people say it gets too complicated and scream for less rules. ” I am hoping to prevent this by asking what we want rules to be doing instead of what rules we want. I think we have a good chance of forming r…

• Hello all, Quote from grandpooba52: “Quote from Edepedable: “Creating a premier league would put an additional step between what the player league is now and new entries ” some how we have a misunderstanding there is no proposal to make a new premier leaguethe dissussion has only been to modify the Players League so that new players dont have to compete against the more experienced players, there have been several complaints that the new players are being discouraged by having to compete against…

• Hello fellow player, I have played on 3 historic world war maps and I have won all 3. Let me try to give you an insight in how different countries need to be played in order to be succesful. They all have their pros and cons. On my first I played with Romania, on my second I played with Manchuko and on my third I played as Soviet Union. Quote from iDragons: “Some people will say "just build infrastructure or industrial complexes". But if you build those, you have no money for your army. Then, yo…

• Watch towers

I am pretty sure that watchtowers and forts or whatever were still manned by regiments to actually do the guarding and scouting. So it is already in the game. Have your regiments of infantry or armored cars or whatever airplane to stand somewhere or use their visual range.

• Quote from Hops: “I'm sure it has happened to many players. I think it's time to put an end to players who have lost their capital and all of their core provinces and hop around the world take an island or a province here or there or who pay another player resources to acquire a province simply to survive to spite the player that has beaten them. It's unfair to the conquering players morale that will go down because one player that has lost everything is choosing to stay in the game. I propose o…

• Quote from grandpooba52: “Quote from Edepedable: “It also defeats the purpose of what I think we should set out to do. Creating a new league does not make the current one more accesible. I think it to be important that new players are taken in by the more veteran ones and are taught how to survive and flourish. ” He is not proposing creating a NEW or alternate Players League, only a new feature to the existing Players League ” Creating a premier league would put an additional step between what t…

• Hello all, Loving all the input! So far I think we all agree on a couple of things. - NO GOLD - limit teaming abilities - make PL more accesible to new players - less rules This I have seen a couple of times but I do not know if this is supported throughout. It seems partly to be a consequence of the '-less rules' idea. - stop making PL a tournament As to making the league more accesible to new players I came across this quote, among others. Quote from Stormbringer50: “have the player league spl…

• The New Call of Gold

Hello fellow players, I have said this before, but I feel the need to say it again. I have had a lot of players expose my gold use in the papers during different maps. Funny thing is, I do not use gold. I prefer the tactic and strategical skill in managing without it. To some people my experience and skill in the game thusfar makes it seem as if I use gold. Still, does that mean I lose to 'heavy gold users' every now and then? Yes it does. Out of my 30 maps played I encountered 4 and lost twice …

• The New Call of Gold

Quote from MACKMITTENZ: “I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a lot of us loyal players, are going to walk.…

• Hello to all! Thanks for the input so far, I think all your comments paint a very clear picture. Might as well give my own opinion on this subject. I think it would be a good thing if rules in the PL accomplish a set of things. - maximise fun for everyone - make PL accesible to players new to PL - be challenging - fair play - friendly atmosphere In theory, all these things can be accomplished by 1 thing. No gold. Fewer rules, less chance to break any rules right? I do think there is a catch howe…

• Yeh grain is a bit iffy as a high seller. In the start of a map the AI tends to stock up on food. If you put it in the market for sale the AI will usually continue to but it. This does slow down after the beginning. IF there is any AI left that is. Thats food, you need enough of it comming in but there is little you can do with a huge surplus.

• Hello fellow players, Choices indeed! I live by the code that I always build 1 new IC on whatever province that has double production and is usefull (double oil, metal or food) OR on a province that produces a resource that is scarce for me. Later on I will do the reverse. So I always build new IC on abundant and scare resource producing provinces eventualy. Why/when do what at the start? Build in scarce or abundant. - expected market failure, on some maps trading for things you need is just not…

• Quote from valor39: “ Rocket Arrival Time I don't know if it was intentional to leave out estimated arrival time when selecting targets, but timing for rockets is exceptionally important given that they cannot be recalled. It seems that for consistency and planning, when hovering over provinces with the "attack" option selected, it should display estimated transit time. "Displaying the arrival time of rockets if on our suggestions list and may be implemented in the future." ” I think this is a v…

• Hello fellow players, Due to some recent events in the PL I have the following subject I would like the community to gather some thought on. My question to all of you is: what should PL rules accomplish? - create a gold free environment - create equal chances for every player to win - enforce 'fair play' (whatever we decide 'fair play' to mean in that case) - create as much possible fun for everyone - make every player fend for themselves Listed above are just a few examples of what we might wan…

• Quote from Patoruzu: “I looked me in the community ranking, and I am there! why can't u find me? _Patoruzu ” There are different languige servers. Change yours to English to be found and/or find the game.

• Edepedable I agree to the rules.

• The reason I mentioned Mark Achkar's post is because it does a good job of summarising my expectations. Quote from grandpooba52: “the rules were not intended or meant to elimimate or restruict players from joining together in any manner that they chose. the rules were not written to have each player rely on themselves in an all out war. That is an impossile and unenforceable rule. ” Then I supose I am guilty of having expectations that do not meet reality. Perhaps some discusion could be had abo…