Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 159.

• Quote from Edepedable: “4) Divisions could be limited to their SBDE total to avoid tech stacking. This would mean that an economy would be linked to the strength of the units players could build, and where they can be built. Taking over an enemy's Industrial complexes will make them able to build more 'older' equipment. This will make the advantage a nation gets by invading a lot of countries more limited and intensivies the importance of core development throughout the game. ” From my original …

• Quote from Svven78: “Maybe a timer. Buildings were damaged, taking realism into effect, in Iraq we didn't take over a building then start producing new M16's in Iraq, we shipped them in still. So to Edependable's point having a 2-3 day timer on production from captured buildings would make some sense but also would hamstring growth and slow everything down further in the start like you said you didn't like in another thread.. ” Haha I appreciate you trying to hang me with my own words, it means …

• I know there are events that offer these options. The arms race event does not solve the issue of the research tree being structurely flawed. In my opinion. Also the arms race event comes with an (for me) unwanted side effect of 2x speed.

• As I have informed you through the papers, the most likely event will be that Spain will remain of limits. This is because UK and France never had a chance to conquer it. Arguably it would have made a difference in the map if France or UK could have pursued to conquer Spain. I think it could potentially have made a very big difference.

• I see both your points of view. I agree up to a certain point but it does seem a little dull to me that there is such a limited approach to ways in which things can be accomplished in the early game. I also think that airplanes reign supreme partly because they are already up in the air and their greatest counter on the ground, SP anti-air, can be researched at day 16. After this it still has to go to places it is needed most. In the meantime those that already have airplanes can enjoy their lev…

• My main reason would be to make logistics a part of the game, yes in favor of realism for example. It would add more strategy to the game. Which units to replace first and which to have continue fighting with 'older' equipment. Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I don't think the unit upgrade system should be slowed down; can you imagine a raging battle and some of your troops halfway going, "hold on, I need to get upgraded first"? ” This would be in the hands of the player. You can also just continue y…

• Hello all, I doubt I am the only player that does not favor the early game. In all honesty the game of call of war to me, does not really start until after day 16. Why is that? Well I think in part it is because of the options the game has due to the research tree. The first two weeks leave you with a rather small choice of units compared to day 16. This matters a lot both strategicly and tacticly. The armored research tree is the most varied and has some of the most interesting (unique) units. …

• Hello all, CoW is a great strategy game, however. I do think things are a bit unnecesary limited as it is right now. A way to counter this would be to have units play a more in depth kind of role. There is a much greater variety of units in the game if one counts the levels of units individually. So my suggestion is one that has been done before, do not automaticly upgrade all units to the next level. However, I do not know if my suggestions are good in this but here is the following . 1) perhap…

• I do think that sometimes the x factor completegly negates the advantage some units are suposed to have over other units. Its fun if it works in your favor, but it really bums if it does not.

• create a game

Edepedable - - Questions and Answers

Is it correct that on a mobile you also do not get a time of arrival clock for enemy troops en route? I've always wondered if thats the way it is for everyone or if my phone is just simply ancient or something.

• Thats not even the worst one if you ask me The German heavy tank line has the panzer VI ( TIger) as level 1 then the panzer VII (Löwe) as the level 2, with a horrid depiction of god knows what. Only to return back to the panzer VIB (Tiger II) as the level 3. Makes little sense to me

• Watch towers

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Still makes little sense to me. A building can not do anything without people in it. If a building with people in it can do what an infantry regiment can do it should also cost about the same. Game balance and all. So in the end building a watch tower anywhere would be like an infantry unit that can not move. Does not sound like something I will use. I do not think it should be made possible for every player to send all their units up north while they can still keep an eye on their south without…

• Edepedable I agree to the 2019 rules, including the spoiler. @Lukenick Loving the specificness :p

• Hello fellow player, Quote from Lukenick: “I think the coalition & non-coalition idea would be better in my mind. Would there be enough new players to join a non-coalition game? ” Well I do not know about new players as an individual group. The current no-coalition format however was voted the winner for the current season by new and more experienced players alike. Quote from Lukenick: “One of the hard parts about dividing the league based on experience would be the problem of deciding which pla…

• The New Call of Gold

Hello fellow player, Quote from CoralWar: “ Quote from MACKMITTENZ: “I have been a loyal COW player for quite some time now... I am at the point of retiring due to the pay-to-win system that has been introduced over that last six months. In the last three months I have played and successfully maintained top 5 standing in every game. However, there is now a new element; Leprechauns. How are we to play honest rounds when jimmynoob is spending $300/day? Something needs to be done or I, as well as a…

• Hello @Diablo Mayor, Quote from Diablo Mayor: “ Quote from cerealnerd: “I thought it was the Players league, not a coalition league. Maybe coalitions are a bigger problem than realized. ” So instead of making a "premier" league and a "first" league or whatever names were mentioned earlier maybe we should do this..... How about we have a "Single Player" league - a PL where everyone is a lone wolf. There is no communication with other players allowed and much less any RoW or map sharing. Then ther…

• Hello all, Two good quotes from K.Rokossovski that I can use to illustrate some of the idea behind this thread with: Quote from K.Rokossovski: “This is like some ebb and flood thing. People plea for less rules; inadverse effects happen; people want those countered; more rules are implemented; people say it gets too complicated and scream for less rules. ” I am hoping to prevent this by asking what we want rules to be doing instead of what rules we want. I think we have a good chance of forming r…

• Hello all, Quote from grandpooba52: “Quote from Edepedable: “Creating a premier league would put an additional step between what the player league is now and new entries ” some how we have a misunderstanding there is no proposal to make a new premier leaguethe dissussion has only been to modify the Players League so that new players dont have to compete against the more experienced players, there have been several complaints that the new players are being discouraged by having to compete against…

• Hello fellow player, I have played on 3 historic world war maps and I have won all 3. Let me try to give you an insight in how different countries need to be played in order to be succesful. They all have their pros and cons. On my first I played with Romania, on my second I played with Manchuko and on my third I played as Soviet Union. Quote from iDragons: “Some people will say "just build infrastructure or industrial complexes". But if you build those, you have no money for your army. Then, yo…

• Watch towers

I am pretty sure that watchtowers and forts or whatever were still manned by regiments to actually do the guarding and scouting. So it is already in the game. Have your regiments of infantry or armored cars or whatever airplane to stand somewhere or use their visual range.