Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

• Like on D-Day when everyone's sticks were in the wind and no one landed next to their unit or in the right area... that would be interesting to put in a random variable of landing in the right province.

• Quote from JCS Darragh: “forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…db1e895dba4786a0d4ba21374 All units share these 3 icons, why? These are all German vehicles, The Americans should have the M16, M3 Halftrack, Priest, etc. The Soviets should have uh, what did they have? No clue because I'm not a communist. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine to see these units for everyone when they should be different. ” Agreed, it would take a lot of work but a more realistic unit configuration and related artwork to h…

• naval invasions

Svven78 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from FUNGUS_TE_FIRST: “is it possible to speed up an invasion from the sea? if not I have asuggestion perhaps add something to be reasearched that allows, after the thing has been reasearched, for units to disembark from a ship to land quicker, maybe in a hour, but they would recive a combat handicap, seeing as they would be coming off landing craft, perhaps the units could also take double damage if there are units stationed in the provence the unit is landing on, this would encourage pla…

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from Edepedable: “4) Divisions could be limited to their SBDE total to avoid tech stacking. This would mean that an economy would be linked to the strength of the units players could build, and where they can be built. Taking over an enemy's Industrial complexes will make them able to build more 'older' equipment. This will make the advantage a nation gets by invading a lot of countries more limited and intensivies the importance of core development throughout the g…

• P A R A T R O O P E R S

Svven78 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Iczz: “Bro, this is a simple answer, make a special 3 day event with paratroopers. If the public doesn't like them don't keep them. Jeezus. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength." -George Orwell ” Boom - Wisdom!

• You know I just remembered they are already tracking the different levels or units, I gave some planes to someone and they had a level higher, it tracked them as two different stacks when combined... so yeah it would just take some increment adjustments to a can build lvl 1 on lvl 1 lvl 2 on lvl 2 etc...

• The problem you have is they single unit the game to make it easier to program, the instant upgrades upon research is easier for their program. If you force them to have lvl 1-5 units then its much more code for them to keep right which would make the game more buggy until perfected.

I can understand the no capture province thing but para troopers are meant to capture and hold, maybe a 2 day no movement add on as well since they are supposed to grab and hold the area until relief comes or they die...

• Quote from Edepedable: “My main reason would be to make logistics a part of the game, yes in favor of realism for example. It would add more strategy to the game. Which units to replace first and which to have continue fighting with 'older' equipment. Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I don't think the unit upgrade system should be slowed down; can you imagine a raging battle and some of your troops halfway going, "hold on, I need to get upgraded first"? ” This would be in the hands of the player. You …

• I am sure there is a way to have a highly upgraded starting point, if it hasn't already been done, a fully unlocked map, no research required, better builder wins.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Edepedable: “I doubt I am the only player that does not favor the early game. ” Well fine if I'm a minority, but I _LOVE_ the early game! The tactical manoevring before air power stifles it, the artillery duels, the impact a single tank can have... truly great! ” Agreed, the early game is the most hair raising part of any game especially a 100 map!

• troop transport ship

Quote from Restrisiko: “You don't have to produce the transport ships. Units automatically embark / convert to transport ships, when sent to sea and automatically back when they finished their disembarkation. ” Thank the makers for that! I had the same question until I read the research area.

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Unbelievable... you guys are talking WAYS to include paratroopers... just DAYS after a poll clearly showed no one WANTS them! ” I didn't vote. I also don't want them unless they were limited in some way to prevent over powering the game. Having served in an Airborne Unit there is a lot of prep that goes into any jump. My suggestion would be separate unit similar to commandos, day 24-30 special unit including level 3 strat bomber required, same rough build and cost only…

• Quote from Eminem2891: “If his destroyers are out of range of the battleships and cruisers, a handful of submarines would eliminate those threats...give 5 subs a day or two and those battleships are gone. ” Beat me to it, same input subs kill BBs nicely

• You answered your own question. Level of Artillery does more damage per level over time. If does say .7 damage per hour... it did little if you attacked for under an hour. More hours or more pieces = more damage.