Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 558.

• Paratroopers are coming!

freezy - - News

Quote from Edepedable: “Hey freezy, Looks like many of the worries discussed in the 'on paratroopers' thread that is on the forum were taken seriously. I will have to wait and see the specifics, but I surely applaud the limited range and the long cooldown before movement as is described. Sadly I am not a frontline pioneer so I will have to wait even longer. Though I have a question about the targeting. What qualifies as a target location? Enemy unit? Province center? Any point on a road? I'm cur…

freezy - - News

currently the plan is to not allow them on carriers because transport planes were too big for carriers back then.

freezy - - News

1553186850_news_images_11942.png Dear Generals, We are excited to make a special announcement today: Paratroopers are finally coming to Call of War! Many of you asked for it for a long time, and we were listening. Paratroopers could change the way Call of War is played in a major way, so they have to be implemented with care. We value the opinions and concerns of our players and don’t want to rush this. That’s why Paratroopers will be tested by our Frontline Pioneers in Beta games for several we…

• Immersive enhancements

freezy - - News

Quote from VorlonFCW: “Patrol with an atomic bomber is important for both recon of the target and the ability to wait for the opportune moment to strike. As the only value in using atomic bombers is by precisely targeting something undefended this requires perfect timing. This is no longer possible as you can't "pause" the attack run until the correct moment. This has made atomic bombers worthless. ” The change also had be done for some technical reasons and thus won't be taken back. If the atom…

• New Update

freezy - - General Discussions

Yes, our news post should explain things The icons were changed to make them better visible on crowded maps and smaller screens, especially on mobile where a large part of our player base plays on.

• Rubbish new graphics!

freezy - - General Discussions

Resources should be visible again. Please reload the page. If that still didnt work, reload with CTRL+F5. The icons were changed to make them better visible on crowded maps and smaller screens, especially on mobile where a large part of our player base plays on. Like with all things I am sure it just needs a short time to get used to.

• Immersive enhancements

freezy - - News

1553001847_news_images_11892.png Dear Generals, today’s release is all about quality and immersion. We are enhancing our graphical features even further to make sure that we stay a top notch strategy game that looks appealing from the first glance. With the new map border frame and cloud effects you will feel more immersed in being a General managing troops on a global scale. At the same time we want to make sure that our game stays playable and readable in all arising situations, so we also imp…

• Update will be released with tomorrow's release. I thank everybody for their feedback, which was discussed with the team. The issues raised they were weighted with the possible benefits, which resulted in not altering most of it for now to test it at a broader scale.

• New Event: Operation Supremacy

freezy - - News

It was not mentioned but of course feedback is welcome on new events like this so we can tweak them better So let us know your thoughts!

• For larger games the performance of the enhanced renderer should be better most of the time and for most computers already (exception are old and slow computers), and will be optimized even further. We cannot give any dates when we will have that map testable again. But it will certainly be much more than 1 month.

• New Event: Operation Supremacy

freezy - - News

1551273007_news_images_11770.jpg Dear Generals, Extremist movements around the globe rose up and conquered vital industrial centers and strategic points in their countries. Use this opportunity to “free” these regions and utilize them to achieve your own Supremacy! Victory on this map is not achieved by simple conquest, in order to win you have to secure 13 of 25 Control Points scattered across the world map. Only one player will win the huge gold reward in the end, so use your wits and plan you…

• @Vorlon: Thanks for the clarifications So from what I gathered in this thread the main feedback/critisism on the resources is that they stick out too much now. I forwarded the feedback to the team and the decision for now is to keep them as is, as the intended effect to make them stick out more is actually what is wanted and what is achieved, as can be seen by the feedback. Unless there are more urgent reasons coming up to change them again, like gameplay/usability issues. You are right that vis…

• Thanks for the detailed feedback! Alot of issues that you listed are general things to improve in WebGL and are not really related to 3 additions I wanted to discuss in this thread. They are on our to do list and we will also continue to improve these issues in the future, for example the unit cluttering. The rare materials icon shall represent rare materials like Wolfram or Tungsten. We wanted to replace the black one as it is hard to read and lacked a distinct shape. Clouds are there for immer…

• Thanks for the feedback! More opinions from beta players? Regarding resources: We deliberately made them stick out so that they are much easier to see on the map. Sometimes when there is alot going on on the scren it can be hard to recognize them, especially on mobile. if no one likes the style we can of course think about achieving the same effect with a different style.

• Improved Team Up! Event

freezy - - News

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Oh come on, please don't!! This event is bad enough as it is, with over 80% of players going inactive... fighting for provinces that subsequently get returned to inactive "team mates" is even more frustrating than it already is! ” For that issue we have to find a different solution, no reason to keep bugs that also affect non-event games. If its still such a big issue we cannot run this event again until we have a better solution (some of which were already discussed h…

freezy - - News

Thanks for reporting this. It was not intended and will be fixed in the future.

• We just implemented a new WebGL graphics update to beta games (only for frontline pioneers), which includes the following: - A Map border frame - Clouds - Reworked resource icons The border and clouds were added increase the immersion and graphics quality of the game. The resource icons were reworked to make them pop out more on the map and make them clearer to see at a first glance, as they are an important gameplay aspect. We would like to get your feedback on these graphical changes. If you a…

freezy - - News

1529657069_news_images_9041.jpg Dear players, after we tried out the Team Up! Event last year we received a lot of positive feedback from you, but we also got suggestions for improvements. We listened and reworked many features of team games in general with the big update in January, in preparation of this and future team events. We also changed the team distribution in the Team Up! map to make it more exciting. Here is a short list of crucial changes since the last version of this event, in cas…

• Release Notes - February 19

freezy - - News

Dear Generals, with this release we are bringing you a batch of small game improvements and bug fixes. Please see the detailed list of changes below. Improvements: - Implemented a return button in the mobile loading screen so that players can return to the main site when the game can’t be loaded. - Improved usability of country chooser panel. - Increased size of unit selection boxes in the WebGL version so that units are easier to select. - Details of collected supply drops are now displayed in …

• Infantry and Armor "Nukes"

freezy - - Questions and Answers

K.Rokossovski should be right here, incoming damage gets split and is not duplicated for each armor type. So a stack does not take more damage just because it consists of more armor types. There are some tricky calculations how the damage is split and which units in the stack are more likely to get damaged, but thats another topic.