Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• And then once they built a longer range fighters . . . They built a longer range version of the bombers.

• A pillage Option

VorlonFCW - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Kanaris: “There is already a pillage system in place, lets say you conquer a province that produces grain you pillage a small amout of grain and cash from the nation that formerly owned it. Dont know exactly how much its percentage based ” You get roughly half of the previous day's production. Quote from user1659925: “Effect might be killing 10% of population ” This game observes the Geneva Convention and non-combatants are never harmed. Quote from user1659925: “destroying infrastruct…

• Two capitals

This game is supposed to be as much about managing the resources and moral of your empire as it is about combat. This isn’t a tank driving simulator game, but a strategy game. Everything you do has an effect on something else. Planning ahead for food and resource needs and managing morale isn’t that hard, sure it means you should spend more resources in the early game on your economy before you venture off your home continent on the 100 player map. That is part of the game. Can you afford to wai…

• Selection of states

Hold down the Ctrl key while making your shadow-loop and you select provinces

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “None of you have commented on the OP's idea, swapping resources for time research-wise. That's NOT the same as having more reserach slots for having a big empire. I think the resource-for-time swap is very interesting, and will prevent the current walk down the same lanes each of us a hundred times now, offer real strategic choices, and provide more battlefield variety and rare units. ” I agree that more resources for less time is an interesting idea. So adding extra r…

• Scenarios?

Elite AI with a sizeable starting force is dangerous indeed. Unranked games don't count for rewards currently. I don't think that could be adjusted for a particular map. The way rankings and rewards are structured currently you would need 2 active players plus elite AI or 6 active players to make a game ranked. So maybe 2 players together against a sizeable AI force? That could be interesting.

• Elite Units

VorlonFCW - - Questions and Answers

Elite units are the highest level unit in the research tree. For example with planes here: Anyone can research level 6 interceptors. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…16fad83d8be9b50a5f8dfd128 Once you have level 6 interceptors researched in a game you need to have the blueprints on hand before you can start the research for level 7. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…16fad83d8be9b50a5f8dfd128 So you still have to research level 7 in each game once it unlocks on the correct day and you have completed t…

• Dismissal of RP

As the 25 player map is system generated the current policy is NOT to create additional maps. The reason that 25 player maps are no longer player creatable is because they are often underused and primarily abandoned which is simply a waste of server space. The EN staff has in the past created some role play events, and this has not been met with enthusiastic participation by the community, so that was discontinued. If there is interest in a community event role play we can explore the possibilit…

• Precision Command Tools

VorlonFCW - - News

Quote from Iczz: “not being able to click on units past the seam on pacific ocean ” That should be fixed now, except for the few units stuck inside the map seam itself, which require the alternate selection methods. There are many alternate methods of selecting units when directly clicking on them is ineffective: You may hold down the right mouse button and circle the area to select the units. Sometimes a "triangle" motion works better than a circle motion. This will make a gray shadow and selec…

• Quote from attacker101: “do we get any gold for experiencing the problem ” No, as you could have switched the enhanced graphics off and had control of your units at any time. It was only an issue if you moved a certain way on the map in enhanced graphics.

• There can always be units stuck within the map seam, which is a slightly different issue, although the same alternate selection methods sometimes work. There are many alternate methods of selecting units when directly clicking on them is ineffective: You may hold down the right mouse button and circle the area to select the units. Sometimes a "triangle" motion works better than a circle motion. This will make a gray shadow and select all the units in the loop. In the case of planes: Having the c…

• Steam Achievements

VorlonFCW - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from Valewonca034: “Quote from VorlonFCW: “Given the amount of time that paratroopers and graphical improvements are taking right now I would not expect this to be resolved with any urgency. There are many new and great improvements that are being implemented, and the smaller things will be fixed when time allows. ” Once again thanks for answering; I understand, I just thought that because paratroopers will probably have their own achievements and those will be added to steam maybe this pr…

• I don’t believe that it would be practical to remove the sight completely from rockets. Naturally all units have some range of sight and illumination is the way this is depicted on the map. You will notice that rockets have a very small circle of illumination when they are alone in a province you have right of way with for example. Even if it is possible to remove the sight completely from this unit, that would make it invisible when parked in a province that you don’t have shared map with. I do…

• The devs are working on a fix for this already. This is only occurring in enhanced graphics. The easiest solution for now is to disable the enhanced graphics from the settings menu in the lower right corner of the game. Desktop users may have luck with using the shadow-loop selection method. Simply hold the right mouse button and draw a loop around the unit to select it. Generally a triangle shape works best. So far I have seen that if you don’t cross the “map seam” your units are selectable as …

• This is under investigation currently. As it doesn't happen to everyone or everywhere we are still gathering data on it. If you notice patterns, such as "after I do "x" then I can't select units", Or "In several games I have trouble in a certain region" please post that here.

• Steam Achievements

VorlonFCW - - Bug Reports and Issues

Given the amount of time that paratroopers and graphical improvements are taking right now I would not expect this to be resolved with any urgency. There are many new and great improvements that are being implemented, and the smaller things will be fixed when time allows.

• The updated selection system for units, including planes and carriers, is included in today's release.

• You also have to take the scale an strength of AA into account A single AA unit will be destroyed very quickly by 10 or 20 planes. While a group of 8 AA to protect a group of 12 other units will survive a long time and do a lot of damage to the planes. If your enemy has 20 units, then your one or two units are not going to last long no matter what. The game is about countering the enemy and crafting your army to defeat the enemy army.

• Quote from patriota75: “do COW support still award bug reports? ” There are not currently any reward programs for bug reports that I am aware of Quote from patriota75: “America Homefront map and on day one I have all research finished till tac. bombers level two, commandos, rockets level 2, railroad gun.... Is it normal on that map or some bug? ” This is a known bug. Currently all homefront maps are starting with the research unlocked through day 8. Someday it will be switched back

• New Event - 1944: Endgame

VorlonFCW - - News

Again this is a game to join with friends, or enemies, much like the 50v50 team up event. With the rapid pace that they filled up it was difficult to get friends on the same team however. There were several where we did get 2 people from my alliance into one game together, and a few where the game filled up before a second or third person could join, but i somewhat expected that. Event games fill up fast.