Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Right, more countries! Tibet: Keep your food and oil production high. Work on researching commandos, as you have the perfect terrain for that. Argentina: DON'T build a navy just yet. You don't have that much oil, and make sure you keep your food production up. Manchukuo: Immediately invade the Soviet Union when possible. Honestly, it's your best shot. Japan: Honestly, fortify your Chinese provinces because that's where all your oil is. On that note, build up food and oil production. Australia: D…

• New Event - 1944: Endgame

JesterTheSheep - - News

My one criticism of this mode is the level one research. Army/border size is pretty accurate, or at least as accurate as CoW can get, but the research is level 1! I can see why this would be used for power balancing, but it's still annoying. Plus, the Italian Front is... honestly pretty weak. I mean, not that that isn't accurate, but it kinda sucks out the fun for the unlucky player of Italy. This noted the Baltic front is frighteningly weak. I am playing as the Army Group Centre, and I can easi…

• Alrighty, gonna add a little bit to this, as I've played all 25 playable countries, and Cuba, on that map. This stuff is speculation, as I'm kinda guessing on a couple of these. Mongolia: If you really want to, you can probably get away with invading the Soviets. I don't recommend it, as China is a much bigger threat. Build up your oil and food production, and start working on an Air Force. You'll need it later. Cuba: Don't even think about trying to build any kind of oil-consuming vehicles. YOU…

• Man, I never thought it would come back, to be honest. I'm glad it did, though! Now I can finally learn from my mistakes in the past! As such, I would like to take a moment to pass on some pro tips for EVERY country I played as on that map! First up, Siam: -Make use of your Isolation. Your economy and military are weak, but so are your neighbors. Use this time to build up your stuff! -DON'T attack The Netherands too early. You will lose. -Appreciate your navy. You'll need it. Latvia: -Befriend L…

• Seriously, every time I click the tab, nothing happens. Nothing shows up, no options change, nothing. Frontline Pioneer works just fine, but what exactly are Alpha Servers?

• Weird Map Change?

JesterTheSheep - - General Discussions

OK... something weird Amazing happened on the America: Homefront map. This is NOT an event... just a regular match. WE all have level 2 research! For everything! Is this a bug, or just luck?

• I agree that Railroad guns have uses... they just don't fulfill their actual purpose on their own, which was the whole idea. There's a point where niche becomes almost unnecessary.

• I was playing as Spain the other day on a 1939 map, and when using a railroad gun, I realized something: They suck. They really suck. The railroad gun was one of the most destructive implements of the war! The only good aspect of it in CoW is that it has a really long range... which is useless if it can't do a lot of damage. I mean, come on, 3 damage? Level 5 artillery is cheaper, faster, and even more effective against... really everything except navy. So what is the obvious solution? Easy. Dou…

• I agree, but there's a problem: This kind of thing loses all purpose on land because of artillery. While I agree that the Navy needs a ground repellent in the form of shore guns, I also don't necessarily see them having any use on ground battles. I also don't see the reason for immobility, as they could be moved. Maybe just make them Militia speed?

• More 1 v 1 maps

JesterTheSheep - - Suggestions / Criticism

Yes yes, even so, a Cold War encounter would be an interesting event, perhaps?

• Wanna break the morale of a capital really quickly? Spam rocket strikes. In all seriousness though, you can use rockets to deliver nuclear strikes, which can do a *%@)ton of damage. Given you have the research though.

• Navy

JesterTheSheep - - Questions and Answers

Navy units are AMAZING for Island countries, like Britain. Navy units automatically bombard any enemy convoys that come in range, so if you just surround your country with ships, convoys are gonna have a bad time trying to break through. They can also do HUGE damage to buildings with further research, and carriers can allow for bombardment from the air. The only kind of plane that can't eventually get onto a carrier is the Strategic Bomber, which sucks anyway.

• Help new player

JesterTheSheep - - Questions and Answers

To answer your question, resource shortages mean that you can't produce certain units, and any shortage heavily impacts morale, which may lead provinces to revolt and leave you. If you run out of food, you can't produce infantry, and this makes the population the most restless. To avoid this, purchase food in the market, or build Infrastructure, Industrial Complexes AND Naval Bases there. That should boost production by 130% in the province. Hope this helps!

• Quote from attacker101: “awww, you stole my ideas. ” For real? Whoops.

• More 1 v 1 maps

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Barbarossa! ” AWWWW YEAAAAHHH

• More 1 v 1 maps

Just saying these could be some pretty cool ideas, at least. Also... Italy vs Greece! I'd pay to play that map.

• More 1 v 1 maps

Did you ever try out the English Channel map? Me neither. maybe because I just don't find the battle that interesting. Anyway, i thought of a couple more maps of a similar style that could be tried! Stalingrad: Germany vs Russia. Pretty sure everybody gets the gist here. Germany would be severely outnumbered, while Russia would be severely outgunned. Battle of the Bulge: America vs. Germany. Northern Africa: British Egypt vs Italian Libya. This would be an interesting one. Saipan: Japan vs. USA.…

• I know that this has been tried before, and I know that people aren't particularly fond of new units, but hear me out; I've been thinking about this for a while. Onto the units! Paratroopers- Research Requirements: Level 2 infantry Level 1 tactical bomber Building requirements: Level 1 air base Level 1 barracks Industrial complex ------ Strength: On land: { 4 attack, 4 defense (infantry) 1 attack, 1 defense (armor) 0 attack, 2 defense (air) 0 attack, 1 defense (navy) Plains - no increase/decreas…

• We all know it's possible. The following countries I'm about to list are technically "playable," in the sense that they generate all 5 key resources. (Food, Goods, Steel, Oil, and RM.) -Egypt -South Africa -Siam -Venezuela -Columbia -Peru -Bolivia -Chile -Greece -Denmark -Netherlands -Belgium -Portugal -Iraq -Saudi Arabia -New Zealand -Norway -and finally, Finland They all meet the requirements, so why aren't they playable? Did they just want an even number? 43 is a weird count, but it would be …

• New Event - All Countries: All In

JesterTheSheep - - News

Oh man, bring this event back. I had so much fun playing as Finland... that being said, I really don't think that certain 1-province countries was a good idea. I know that the countries were intentionally given more resources and larger armies to begin with as a balancing thing, but at the end of the day, why not just make Finland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, Egypt, South Africa, Siam, New Zealand, Denmark, Norway, Columbia, Venezuela, Peru, Bolavia, and Chile playable to begin with? In …