Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 69.

• New Event - 1944: Endgame

AK140 - - News

Played on 3 maps, i'm now the most active player on each map. This turned to become player vs ai. My allies on each map doesn't do much, as Soviet both are inactive, as Axis both just move stuff around, on Allies both doesn't talk and only UK move their army uncoordinated with me. In the map as Soviet, Army Group Centre surrendered despite crushing all my armies, my guerrilla campaign took their capital away leaving me the dominant force. In the map as Axis, all enemies went inactive and the map…

• Servers down ?

AK140 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Cinnashimp: “I'm not sure if this is another part of this issue but i cant get into my Frontline call of war game but for a different reason. Its just repeating the same message of "Good news! We just improved the game. Please reload for the changes to take effect!" I've been reloading for 5 mins so i'm guessing its part of the same issue but i just thought it would be good to report it. The game code is #2677568 if your interested. ” Have the same problem as this one now.

• Servers down ?

AK140 - - Questions and Answers

I'm doing a solo frontline game, been running for 173 days and got the same problem.

• Quote from attacker101: “I would hate it if you couldn't see troops with a rocket. what if you launched one to try to destroy an enemy unit, how would you know their were troops there? what if your rocket hit and you found out that no troops were there? you just wasted a valuable rocket. ” That's how it were in WW2 at least. IMO this feature isn't that useful, i would feel indifferent if it's there or not, i don't usually watch the point of impact when the rocket is about to hit, and i needed so…

AK140 - - News

I played on all 3 sides, i'm winning as western allies and axis, but losing as soviets. Actually on all my 3 maps the soviets is losing, generally though i think if someone were to able control an entire side, they'd be able to destroy the other 2. Not that i'm against team play, but we'd really need good tutorials for map such as these and to keep the interest of the team mates so they don't leave too soon. In a map with pre-set armies, you'd have to apply The Art of War to the fullest extent.

AK140 - - News

The country listing is bugged or something, some country who are at war will not show for others, the newspaper is also incomplete somehow, also Army Group Centre and Army Group South have the same (small) flag

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “The reveal is the flash of light from detonation and someone on a hill with a telescope ” Gee, i wonder why the impact observation team could not just report the enemy unit at all times.

• Airplane Convoys

AK140 - - General Discussions

It's attack radius needs to be within the range from the airfield it's flying from, otherwise it's just turning to convoy. Are you playing in PC or Mobile? It's a little hard to see the radius from Mobile, we have a graphical indication of the radius on PC.

• Paratroopers are coming!

AK140 - - News

Quote from Edepedable: “@AK140 , if you find an alternative to be better, don't use them. Every player has preferences for certain units and dislikes for certain others. It is about options, strategy and preferences. People that want to use them now can. That is a good thing. Its like railroad guns, some players love them, I have never built a single one. I once bought one from another player for testing and it is just not my cup of tea, to slow for my taste. Para's could be a similar thing. In …

AK140 - - News

Quote from freezy: “Of course Paratroopers will only play a special and narrow role in Call of War, and that's how they are designed. They shall not be super units that are spammed for every purpose. They shall be units that can be used in very particular situations, when the enemy is not expecting it. Even though they are more expensive and weaker than other units, they still have this special feat that they can fly over enemy fortresses and conquer unguarded territory. This alone makes them a …

AK140 - - News

This unit is more likely wont be popular at all with the current design of the game, it's too costly and long to produce and with the health of a normal Infantry, long landing time and a slower travel speed, they wont accomplish anything at all in regards to the grand strategy. Armored car will likely still be preferred over this always, they are too OP and cheap. Although it can be a heresy to do so, look up towards CoN, where only Infantry type units have the ability to occupy territory. This …

• Can we do an experimental 6x speed? I wanna see the border of RTS "fast" and "slow" mode type of game

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “The largest problem with the 260 map was due to the sheer size and number of units late in the game. With several thousand units to track it made the game run slow both on the user's side and on the server. One of the goals of the WebGL enhanced graphics is a smooth and lag free experience for the players. I hope that once the bugs are worked out of the enhanced graphics that the 260 map will be given further testing. ” Will it enhance the performance over the old graphics…

• Well this a bit necroposting but, your suggestion was accepted almost 1 year after it's made and the map sucks. It needs more balance for the AI country turned into playable, or realistically add much more province and cities for them.

• New Event - All Countries: All In

AK140 - - News

I became Bolivia, we don't get any resource buff at all from the normal 25 players map. Also seeing this as a coalition game instead of the advertised "team" game. I don't un-buffed mid-sized countries get a chance to win without teaming up with 2 other super powers

• Elite Commanders

AK140 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from war-play: “Did you play the game Conflict of Nation? conflictnations.com/index.php?id=322&L=14 I ask you to play and to conclude. ” Actually after trying the game again this officer unit is new, but CoN is extremely different than CoW for one, lot's of freedom from CoW is taken away and to actually advance military and war sustaining power gold use is very needed. I don't think they will use normal units anymore considering the cost of diverse military, though i'm not even sure how to…

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “Distance to capital is purely a distance measurement. It is a straight line distance that is simply expressed as a number of days to give a good frame of reference. ” I remember once there was a case where Northeastward distance being regarded closer than Eastward distance, both province were approximately 400 km to the East, but the Northeastern province was at least 100 km to the North of the Eastern province. Was there a bug in the calculation or same distance to capita…

• Not that i know of, but it's a good idea since it's going to be tedious to manage at large empires.

• Defense are damage to the attacker and can only done in direct engagement, Submarine don't have a range and can only be directly engaged.

• THE GOLD

AK140 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Yeah it happened to me once where an empty province a minute ago would have produced 3 nuclear rockets or 20 units strong division of armored units, although the situation of ours are different for the gold user did not need to spend that many to win, while yours being on Antarctica map, there's little place for negotiation as this round only allows 1 winner, they may not have skills, time nor the ally to get the sweet taste of victory. I guess since they have paid it, they do deserve that sweet…