Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

• Units beyond SBDE limit do seem to have some attack power. I have checked this with different stacks but didn't see a consistent value for the extra beyond SBDE. Example: 7 subs @ 100% has 7 units of attack, 8 subs @ 95% has 8*0.95 = 7.6 units of attack (value of 1 unit depends on research level and type of target.) In this case the extra sub attacks at 60% power. Using similar calculations, different stacks have given different results.

• New Event: Operation Supremacy

Nooberium - - News

This event requires different strategy than usual. No coalitions and no gold reward for second place! One big shootout. I definitely like 2x speed better than 1x. Might be even more interesting if players are anonymous.

• Lol. Lux was 'The Mouse that Roared' (movie reference).

• Wrong Gold Payout

Nooberium - - Bug Reports and Issues

If that is so, then the WH should report accurately, no?

• Paratroopers are coming!

Nooberium - - News

The whole point of paras is to bypass ground defenses and drop some troops behind the lines (hopefully unnoticed). This adds a complication for constructing front line defensive positions. Players are challenged to adjust their planning to include a strategic element used by RL generals in WWII. As long as they are well balanced, it won’t break the game. Atomic bombers? Why couldn’t paras be targeted to any road point just like land units?

• Wrong Gold Payout

Players believed otherwise because the WH reported a payout for 'everyone else.' If that was wrong, need to fix WH for these rounds.

• Wrong Gold Payout

Game #2654916. First place paid 50k Gold. Everyone else: Player's score in Gold - Nobody was paid.

• Free For All event

Nooberium - - Suggestions / Criticism

Just finished the Free For All event game, an anonymous round with Elite AI,and no coalitions. This combination of features worked really well. Anonymous + no coalitions made diplomacy more interesting since the only info on opponents was from the map, the WH and spies. I would like to see more rounds with these features even if Elite AI not included. Elite AI was a nice addition too: they play better than many humans and can be quite fierce after several days. The game was more challenging beca…

• As Nationalist China, I started very weak and was so happy Japan allied with me.

• Missing Infra and ICs

This is definitely a server issue. Happens with browser and steam.

• Missing Infra and ICs

Spy action would have required taking IC5 down to IC1 and Infra3 down to Infra1, no partial damage. Highly unlikely. Very strange behavior: IC5/Infra3 reappeared then disappeared again except down to IC2/Infra1 + the Infra2 rebuild in progress. Restarted computer and browser (Chrome) and still gone. Maybe Restrisiko had the answer.

• Missing Infra and ICs

Game #2469941. Built Mek'ele up to Infra 3 and IC5 and had produced medium tanks there. Today could not produce again because Mek'ele now contains only Infra 1 and IC2. No spy actions reported. How is this possible???

• Limiting Gold Usage

Nooberium - - Suggestions / Criticism

This seems to be the one issue that causes the most division/disappointment/anger/disagreement among players. Sorry Restrisiko, but Bytro doesn’t fear losing you (you’re still here) and it is unknown how many players quit over this. I don’t want to quit, so if I can’t ally with a heavy gold user, I just leave the round. In my experience, heavy gold users are compensating for their lack of actual game skill. One that crossed my path bragged in the WH that gold use itself is a skill, though. That …

• When I was new, I tried to be the clever player learning a lot from reading the forum. Putting that info into practice was not so easy, though. Only by battling better players did I really learn anything worthwhile. Defeat is a great teacher. Quote from Restrisiko: “The rank (level) of a player doesn't have significance about his ability or knowledge. ” This is true. Player stats give a better indication of ability. Rank is an indication of the amount of a player's experience, not the quality.

• Quote from Diabolical: “I'm not fond of building Infrastructure before IC's. I know I'm in the minority on this one. But I've been burned more than once for not having upgraded IC's right off the bat (think "mass-sabotage on day 2"). As a rule, probably the only other thing I stick to the most (after the barracks), is that I will usually upgrade most -- if not all -- of my IC's to level 2 before Infrastructure. And I won't build level 2 Infrastructure until the IC has been upgraded to level 3. T…

• Rude players

Nooberium - - General Discussions

Diplomacy might be the toughest part of the game to master. Personally, I like camaraderie and enjoy an active coalition. I stay civil with opponents - it's just a game. But some players just want to win and will do whatever they think it takes: trash talk, intimidation, backstabbing, etc. it's Machiavelli and The Art of War.

• Stealth technology?

Nooberium - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Maybe it's a stealth feature and not a bug? forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…7a203ce50f55ec35c4548a44c

• (I) can't see tank

Can you see the tank? forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…7a203ce50f55ec35c4548a44c (Hidden Content)

• WebGL reactions

Initial WebGL impressions: General look - good, but map text not as clear as could be. Zooming in/out - very nice. Can zoom out to see whole map and can zoom in closer. Display of units - some units display exactly on top of others in split stack, so cannot select those underneath. Sometimes units to the left of another will display to the right (confusing). PLEASE do not obscure the roads with unit icons. (The last two are not new problems) Movement - paths of non-selected units now remain anim…

• Clicking on the (i) button brought the following error. The info window appeared, displayed "Loading" and hung. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…7a203ce50f55ec35c4548a44cforum.callofwar.com/index.php?…7a203ce50f55ec35c4548a44c ---- TypeError: Cannot read property 'getIconIndex' of null at new uber.ui.models.GameInfoPlayerModel (callofwar.com/clients/ww2-uber…?bust=1536343503:49747:32) at callofwar.com/clients/ww2-uber…?bust=1536343503:49779:25 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at uber.ui.models.GameI…