Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 928.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Another way Cuba is a good choice is that with everyone starting with more defensive starting units, it's harder to get rapid expansion, so you don't miss out by starting a little more isolated.

• I played as Cuba once on that map too. One of the easier maps I've played, other than a golder I had to neuter. Cuba is strong. You have plenty of AI islands around to feed on while building up offensive troops. I found myself tempted to go with SP units because of all the plains in the Midwest, but having so many starting infantry that I wanted to make use of made me decide to stick with regular arty and rocket arty and focus on upgrading them. I avoid melee units other than to protect my arty,…

• Perhaps this isn't a bug, but it feels like one. During my last game, I found myself hoping interceptors between air strips on different ends of a front. There were two air strips between the ones I wanted. One was a starting lvl 1 air strip that we never upgraded and the other we built up to lvl 3. When I gave relocation orders involving multiple jumps, the route automatically assigned would just take the closes air strip, even if it was the one at lvl 1. If I wasn't paying attention, this woul…

• Fighting stacks 10+

6thDragon - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Talvisota: “Quote from Taffyta Muttonfudge: “Quote from BladeFisher: “I understand that only the 10 best assets in a greater than 10 stack. If however the stack is a higher ranking can you overcome by attacking with say 2 x 10 stack yourself but ensuring they dont arrive at the same time? Otherwise if they do or perhaps it is irellavent your 2 x 10 stack will be treated as a greater than 10 stack and you can never defeat it? ” That's why many veterans make stacks of more than 10 units…

• Fighting stacks 10+

Quote from BladeFisher: “Subs v subs ” There is no benefit to overstacking when all units are of the same type. Unless of course you want the melee to take longer, for example you have ships bombarding into the melee or planes patrolling over and they don’t. Otherwise, you’d be better having stacks of ten of the same unit type in melee. Overstacking is fine if you just want to spread the damage to extend the life of critical units.

• Quote from Carking the 6th: “Thank you for saying the part that’s been nagging the back of my head for a while, Allied navy sucks and that’s really strange. IRL the US and UK always maintained fleets stronger than Japan, even before they were struck and at their lowest point. As the war dragged on America had better overall ships and routinely destroyed the Japanese fleet while taking fewer casualties. I know Japan had the Battleship focus while America used Carriers (the latter was also far mor…

• I wouldn’t say allies are the worst overall, but they probably have a steeper learning curve than other doctrines. Although, oddly enough they do have the worst navy. Commies get their economic advantages right away, but allies don’t realize them until mid game so managing economy is harder than for commies. Allies do get a slight advantage early with their doctrine bonuses for reduced research and production times, it does allow them to build offensive units quicker than other doctrines. Air in…

• I think the current balance of doctrines is good, each have areas of strength and weakness. I learned to play the game with comintern, so that has a special place in my heart. However I've lately became a fan or playing air a little heavier in the late game and commies really struggle there. Also since September when the AWC started, I've been pretty much exclusively playing AvA games. Prior to that,100 player maps were my favorite. I would rank my preference based on the type of game considerin…

• Quote from Snackster: “I am curious exactly how a switch from Right of Way into Trade Embargo vs a nation works when they are already moving troops through neutral territory. F.ex France gives Right of Way to Germany allowing german units to pass through it's territory. Germany moves a stack of infantry units into a french province where there is french Artillery units stationed. France changes diplomacy stance and switches to Trade Embargo vs Germany. Do the artillery units start firing on the …

• what should i do?

You can’t shame him like you did. It’s against Bytro’s terms of service. He is one of their paying customers. This game is marketed in a way to monetize off those willing to pay to play in a free game to avoid a fair fight. Accept that fact and move on, probably archiving that map in the process.

• no spy report

6thDragon - - Bug Reports and Issues

There is a difference between not succeeding and not getting caught. Generally with spies, those situations are not exclusive but can both happen. One way of thinking about spies is there are four possible outcomes at each day change: 1 - they accomplish the mission without getting caught 2 - they accomplish the mission and get caught 3 - they do not accomplish the mission without getting caught 4 - they do not accomplish the mission and get caught. Although after I write all that out, I suppose…

• Rank Reset

This has been an issue for weeks. Bytro has formally surrendered to it.

• Quote from DansterBoy: “Hello. According to the terms of service, it states: "Participation in the game is for entertainment purposes only. " Am I allowed to talk to people about things not related to the game in private messages? Am I allowed to send them "friend requests" on different media such as discord? Best, Daniel ” I think that entertainment purposes only is there to prevent players from spamming advertisements and things like that. Players organize over discord all the time and that's …

• Resetting of Rank

Quote from Nostroma: “True Dragon...except the more challenging maps are filled with gold players. Makes competing rather difficult. Boils down to who has the bigger wallet ” That’s my point…kinda. The more challenging maps are ones where it’s all active players who know what they’re doing. When you get into maps where it’s a battle of wallets, where is the fun in that? Why not take advantage of Bytro not having their shit together and coordinate maps that are with players you know. Anyone with …

• Resetting of Rank

I can see this having a larger impact on players that play regular maps other than tutorials. Since this limits you from joining maps like the WaW, this is the perfect time to play more competitive maps. Join with friends/ alliance mates for in house games, challenge other alliances to AvA games. Up your game folks. Regular maps are getting boring anyway. Everyone either golds or quits when I attack them anyway. Play an actual strategy game.

• Quote from Nobodyx2: “Hello I recently got a bunch of amphibious tanks (some 11 level 1 and 2 level 2) and deployed three level 1 of these in my game as China (all countries all in map 4x speed). I'm kinda damn shocked to see that to get from Macau to Hong Kong it took only 8 minutes, and the tank didnt have to embark/disembark at all, it was so fast process. Any ideas how to use it? ” He’s my advice, don’t use them against a real player. Better to just not use them at all. It’s a card and you m…

• Resetting of Rank

Bytro said this was fixed. They couldn’t possibly be wrong.

• Quote from dw98: “Maybe Bytro realized you all deserve the low rank and adjusted accordingly. ” I learned early on rank isn’t a good indicator of skill. KD and games won are better. Frankly I’d prefer it if they didn’t have the stats at all. Maybe opponents would start underestimating me again.

• Some games don’t count towards achievements, but I’ve never heard of one not counting toward wins/games joined. I won a WaW speed map once and I didn’t get credit for it for achievements. I sent in a support ticket, gave them the game number and a screenshot of me winning the map and Bytro said they had no record of me being in that game, but they gave me some gold anyway.

• Quote from DxC: “@Carking the 6th, you're a champ! Thanks for your proactive efforts. I will try to get these in soon. For reference, what doctrine? ” I believe they are like the flame tanks with all doctrines having the same stats. You can’t research and build them by regular means.