Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 340.

• I don't have a wide variety of maps that I play, but I do like the following: - 100p World at War. Long term strategy, the great feeling when you conquered a bunch of land (then you realize you simply just beat one human player with loads of land), and of course, the massive stacks of armies. Only thing I don't like is the high probability of golders and the disappointment when you lose to one (c'mon, I wasted days for this?) - 10p Road to War. Quick, intense gameplay (although the inactivity is…

• Day 48 of no activity

Little Racoon - - General Discussions

I usually see stacks of interceptors, not ATOMIC BOMBERS! That's gonna be a deterrent for any who wishes to invade the lands of Algeria. Well, kinda curious that the AI can keep the country running despite the heavy deficit.

• I think you have to think of one more thing: cost efficiency. Sure, the TD is more powerful than the AT, but at desperate points, you have no other choice than ATs. TDs are for people who are prepared for an assault/assaulting people, while AT are just a last resort to delay the offensive of the opponent (their cheapness and speed to produce). Also, because ATs are cheap, they can be used as cannon fodder or to wreak havoc with a large number and spreaded out.

• It's really rare to see two golders fighting each other, but I'm sure it's a fun fight (as long if you're just a bystander, btw). Just hearing these seems really interesting, and definitely a huge money boost for Bytro. P.S: I never knew MauriP was a golder judging from his stats. I thought he was this really OP player that I aim to be like. Dang, now I have to find another role model to try to reach that kind of stats.

• I build around 21 airports per game. Some are more, like the 100ps, while others are less, like historical or 10ps. However, I'm quite surprised I build forts more than I build infra, naval bases, barracks, airports, and nuke reactors combined (average of 63 per game compared with 54 per game). Probably because I build lots of lvl 1 forts when I have a massive surplus of supplies (I don't even know why I do that).

• Balancing Changes

Little Racoon - - News

About that overstacking planes thing, I think defending actually works without counting SBDE, because that was how I lost to Finland that I explained in another thread. My airforce and the Finnish airforce were about the same number, but he had stacked all his interceptors and tacs separately (like 1 huge stack of int and 1 huge stack of tacs). Mine was in the SBDE 5/5 formation. We both had our patrol, but he constantly moved his airforce to either attack my ground troops or to evade my airforc…

• Quote from Whickett33: “I use the mobile app exclusively. I would really like to see the attack range in the unit information section added. Example 60km for lvl 1 and 2 artillery. 70km for lvl 3 artillery etc. This information would greatly enhance the mobile version in terms of research and battle strategy. From the looks of the manual this information is given to PC users. ” Actually, you can see it in the info button in the production menu (I think). I don't really check it because I already…

• Quote from Ifanwhen: “A thing to remember with nukes is that they destroy/damage everything in range. your enemy, your allies and your own troops. (or they did last time I fired one (oops)). ” If only this was posted much, much earlier (I literally killed off a 12-18 unit flotilla of mine with my own nuke).

• Quote from mindfields: “Very interesting analysis. Never considered the Economic vs Military ratio before. That'll help a lot. QQ Some of the stats mentioned (tutorial Maps played). Is that information only available with High Command or an assumption on your part? What other detailed information can you see? I've read in other threads more detailed stats like individual unit kills/loss breakdown? (e.g. can you see Tac Bomber vs AA ratio?) ” Unfortunately, no for all your questions. I'm a really…

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “For planes I would like to be able to select all of the groups in the circle and give them one patrol order. That would make it even more efficient than a “memory” of which one is where. Or some sort of menu where you can select units. I always wanted an order of battle menu even before mobile, but it would make mobile useful to have such a list. ” I really like the battle menu one, but it is only useful if it shows the units of the battle menu. If battle menu is not good/…

• Well, I've heard a lot about players beating other players at a clear disadvantage in an epic against-the-odds game, and I have to say I am very envious of those players and wish for a scenario like that (but you can never fight the last war). However, I've heard little about embarassing failures, so this thread is dedicated to it! From dying before day 10, losing despite the fact you outnumber your opponent's armies 3:1, to just being denied a victory by having another person gain the required …

• I think I would like to simplify it a bit (more like oversimplifying) with my touches and views: Normal arty - slow, cheap, manpower instead of oil consumption. Use: combine with inf and AT, AA stacks or put them behind stacks with AA. Level 3 arty extends its range SP arty - fast, bit expensive, oil consumption. Use: combine with mobile stacks (tanks, SPAA, TD, etc) or put them behind stacks with SPAA. Basically a fast arty with 70km range, nothing more, so don't use it with slow stacks. Good f…

• I do it according to my resources. If I have a strong oil supply, then I'll go for the armor branch. If I have a strong rare ore supply, then I'll go for commandos and/or rockets. If I have a strong food supply, then I'll go for the infantry branch. Remember, planes and arti are always a priority wherever you are. I am simply addicted to it. And thanks for the day 8 and 16 guide. Those days basically decide my grand strategy and my path.

• Block!

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

Oof. I was not really surprised, but that irony... one minute joking about another person being blocked and the next minute getting blocked. Poor Ryanwen. I believe it was because of TOO much replying Oh yes, if you want to get a message across but forgot to add another point, remember there is an edit button.

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Little Racoon - - News

Anyways, the matter-of-fact way to look at this is: You have to make a choice of whether you use commandos or paras. The choice is yours. The limits are set by Bytro, and you can see it clearly above. If you like this or if you don't, just deal with it. The strongest advantage that we have over the other animals is not intelligence (as many other animals have an intelligence not really much worse off than us), but adaptation by utilizing the intelligence.

• Um, before I decided to give up on my old account, the last 25p I played was as Romania, and I actually ended up at no.1 place when I chose to quit my old account and focus on this one. Romania is a good country as long as you have a good relationship with the USSR. I would say if Poland allied with just one of the two (Germany or USSR) Poland can stand a chance, but Yugoslavia winning is near impossible. Most people choose to be either Germany or USSR because they have the largest and most powe…

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Little Racoon - - News

Quote from RYANWEN: “What happens to the plane? ” Well, it disappears.

• I'm thinking of challenging your alliance. I will ask my alliance mates, but please answer if you are interested. This is LR from HMEC. P.S: HMEC for the win!

• The artillery is pulled by something, and if you meant the howitzers, I believe they were towed by horses, and yes, sometimes they were pushed by people. They can be towed by trucks (obviously), but it doesn't count toward the artillery fuel usage.

• Block!

Little Racoon - - Questions and Answers

Well, I joined CoW back in like 2017/18 (probably late 2017-Feb 2018), changed accounts to this one, joined the forum which allowed me to be in my alliance now (our alliance is just over one year old btw). I got inactive in the forum for a month or two once in a while, but I'm always replying to stuff when I'm active, so you could say you know when I'm active from my posts.