Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 42.

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

JesterTheSheep - - Off Topic

I have another one: -Dying players who apply to a coalition in order to get attackers to leave. I can't tell you how many times I've accepted players into a coalition... only to find out that they're days from destruction. No army, no capital, no resources, seriously, it gets old...

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

Quote from Spiffolo: “-low brow insult ” Oof. I can relate to this. I remember once, I was playing as Poland, and I invaded Italy through my right of way with Germany (No, I did not survive) and actually did a pretty good job for a while. I actually would have won, had Spain not decided to steal my kill and then invade me next. Still, every province I got closer to his capital, and every day I'd open up my mailbox, and what did I find? "Lol, ur a failure" "get a job" "quit the game" etc etc etc.…

• Quote from attacker101: “nice guide! Tibet is one of the few countries I haven't played as on the 25 round but I will keep this in mind. ” Most people go inactive when playing as Tibet, which is a shame really, because it has a lot of potential: one more industrial complex than Mongolia, more mountainous terrain than most other countries you can play as, and it's only a stone's throw to the ocean if you want a navy. Tibet is often referred to as a "last resort" country. I picked it willingly whe…

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

Quote from Torpedo28000: “Allies who declare and start wars without even consulting you first... Especially when that ally is weaker than you! ” Ugh, I hear you man. Annoying as hell.

• Quote from FUNGUS_TE_FIRST: “commandos work well, diplomacy works even better, while I played Tibet I made friends with china and british india, and toegether we invaded the soviets, the tanks and planes bit I agree with, I ended the game with -100 food and oil which kinda screwed me ” I try to make friends with India. Rarely works for me.

• Tibet is, by far, one of the hardest countries to play as on the 25 player historically accurate map. You have very little food, very little oil, a small handful of goods and steel, and way too much rare materials. Not only that, but you're completely landlocked and surrounded by countries that can kill you in their sleep. India, Xingjiang, China and the U.K. Just to name a few. So, how can you turn this around? How can you make a comeback and become a world superpower? How can you win as Tibet?…

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

Quote from attacker101: “I've got one: players who complain about gold users. ” I want to counter that. SO, so very badly. On the other hand, I do NOT feel like getting banned again.

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

I just gotta know... what really grinds your gears when playing Call of War? I have a lot of things, but I need to know... what pisses you off the most? For me, here's a short list: -Allies turning on me -Stacks of 15 destroyers -The Blitzkreig tactic that never works -People who blatantly stab you in the back -Control Freaks -Getting attacked in a roleplay round!!!!!!!!1!!!!!1 (WHILE I'M STILL ACTIVE AT THAT) No, this is not the entire list. This is part of it.

• Quote from RYANWEN: “Also Vorlon please notify someone about the multi account thing that i sent you, maybe inform Arcorian so that i can keep account. ” You talking about me? Cuz I only have one account.

• It's kinda funny how every time I start a thread it turns into a "heated" debate. Maybe I'm just bad at starting polite conversations. In the meantime, I've played as every single country on the 25 player map. At least once. Yes, Cuba too, when it was playable. The point I'm trying to get across is that this map is brutal to new players, and still isn't fair for even those who have played the game for a while. All I'm saying is that there needs to be some balancing. That, or Bytro needs to make …

• Quote from BMfox: “You wanna start a Vietnam map ” OOOOOF, no thanks. I just wanted another unit that existed. Kinda like paratroopers.

• OK, hear me out. It's a bad idea. A bad idea. It's kinda like making Luxembourg playable. But, damn it, it would be cool. Technically speaking, they weren't called helicopters at the time, and were barely used, but they did exist, and did function. (kinda) Think of it like this: -They can't attack -They have about as much range as a rocket fighter -Reveal stealth units -Are damn near impossible to shoot down without an AA gun -Pretty cheap to produce -Require: Lv. 1 Air Base Lv. 1 Army Base Any …

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

JesterTheSheep - - News

Quote from freezy: “Sadly there is an issue with the Paratrooper Update, which made it possible to research Paratroopers also in older games. For that reason we deactivated Paratroopers again in live games until the issue is fixed. We will communicate once we know when we will bring them back to live. We also removed the release news from the website for that reason. Thanks for your patience! edit: The issue was fixed and Paratroopers are live again in new game rounds! ” Welp, that didn't take v…

• Quote from attacker101: “yes, but you need to put into play that it has to be balanced. if it were real life, Germany would outnumber everyone and have 500 units. the map has to be balanced or else it makes it very uneven ” Hence the latter suggestion of simply buffing up the other countries like they did for the 10 player map.

• There are huge, open, noticeable power gaps in this map. -Manchukuo is ridiculously outnumbered, and ridiculously outgunned. Solution? Don't let them be playable. I mean, you did the same for South Africa and Siam, why is this any different? -The Soviet Union has a far, far weaker army than history suggests, and has a far, far smaller army than history suggests. -Germany is unbeatable in the first few days. One would have to pit Sweden, France, Britain, Italy, Poland, AND the Soviets, at the sam…

• Quote from BMfox: “Please move this to the community written guides thread. ” So... just copy and paste?

• Egypt kinda sucks, for what a huge role it played in the real war. Also, am I the only one who has a problem with how few RM Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Norway, and a bunch of other "playable" countries produce? I mean, seriously, what the hell am I supposed to do with 14 RM an hour?

• Quote from Undaunted: “there is a event named all countries in I'm playing as denmark ıt ıs small but ıt has a lot of cruisers and destroyers at the same time ıt has medium tanks small strong and cute I have a small empire ıs there any country in 73 player map similar to denmark ? ı wanna be small but at the same time I wanna feel the power and as a extra ıf u have any advice about denmark in 73 player map I want to listen them ıt seems I'm ally with germany at the moment and planning to attack …

• I go inactive when I die, when I have passed the hope of a return from death, (I.E. one province remaining) or face issues in real life. Quote from szinisa: “Quote from JesterTheSheep: “ Quote from BMfox: “I honestly don't understand your problem as the archived games are deleted after 14 days. It would mean that you have started 100 games in 14 days? The game limit is there so that players wouldn't start too many games and then go inactive. This ruins the fun for all players. ” Yeah, problem wi…

• 1 of each type of naval craft works pretty well for me, actually. It means your troops aren't too clumped together, do quite a bit of damage, can fend off subs, and carry aircraft. Sure, you'd have to have a LOT of stacks, but that's a small price to play.