Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 367.

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Edepedable - - News

Quote from General Nightman: “Quote: “predictable use, why else have a lvl3 airfield in my capitol. ” Just build lvl 3 airports everywhere, disguise your activities!Building a lvl 2 barrack could also throw them off your scent. ” Yes, I'd though about the same thing. But that is a very costly undertaking just to throw other players off. Besides, they would still realize that para's are an option. Whether you also build lvl 3 airfields elsewhere or not.

• Antarctica map

Edepedable - - Questions and Answers

@mindfields I sent you a PM so we can discuss the continuation of the map. Feel like we are spamming this thread a little

• Quote from Vlanchavic: “alright then skip the instant capture and go to the last part. After you capture the province they rockets, planes etc go into a enemy convoy state and after each one lose 50% morale there’s a 50/50 chance to capture or destroy it ” Such a mechanism could be exploited in games where players work together.

• Since its a long post it is no wonder your use of words made for some oversights as it is written now. Quote from BMfox: “How not to lose troops: - Use ranged troops: artillery and tactical bombers. These troops can attack the enemy while not taking damage or in the case of bombers only a little damage. ” Tactical bombers are not ranged troops. They use direct attack.They can actually sustain a lot of damage if they are attacking a group with AA and/or SP AA. You know this. Quote from BMfox: “ -…

• Have not receiveid either yet. Curious to see what the new format will be like!

• Secret weapons

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Owh this is an interesting comment. I do think you have a point. Maybe secret technology should not be disclosed in the papers. However, I do think that in that case the railroadgun should be moved to the infantry part of the tech tree. Should not be a problem though, they were huge and it was no secret in ww2 a nation had them.

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from Stalinizator: “Read pls what is written in the ending, I am a USSR. Its for communists only. Are you a communist? No, so you have no right to play the greatest country in a world But it could be, that when people will gather, my free time will be ended, so it will be without me ” Read pls what is written in the beginning.Your level and stats are not high enough. ” ???

• Quote from Stalinizator: “Fortunately i didn`t. If you want to argue about my meggage - ” No not really, just making observations Quote from Stalinizator: “ I have a master degree in History, in a university ranked H+ by western european system, it means equal to european university. So, I think that you will not wonder me with your school programm. But you will really wonder me, if you will be able to proove the opposite point to things, which i wrote about. ” You are not the only one with a un…

• Quote from Stalinizator: “According reports of German Agriculture Ministery in Germany was lack of food for 30 millions people in Germany... ... Hitler needed powerful french warcmachine to throw it to the East. ” Based on what you say I conclude that you were not schooled in western-Europe were you?

• Antarctica map

Quote from mindfields: “ Just staging my troops and will make a play when I think i'm ready. Guess it's better to be the second mouse to get the cheese! ” This is your chance to strike! If he is engaged with the AI of the garisson it is best if you take it now. The money and all will be well worth it!! When you get to the center, push on to attack the enemy player. You are now just giving him a chance to recover! Quote from mindfields: “There's potentially another threat brewing as there's an ex…

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Edepedable - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “In my overall dead game w/o active enemies, I am still stuck with several para's for which I still can't find good use. ” I'm in my first game where I will be able to use them. I think I will just build them to see what they can and can not do. As far as I can tell from their stats and range they seem like a worse investment than commandos, stat wise. Game mechanic wise they are of course unique. I am in an antarctica map and from what I can tell, they should be able to jum…

• Quote from Stalinizator: “Read pls what is written in the ending, I am a USSR. Its for communists only. Are you a communist? No, so you have no right to play the greatest country in a world But it could be, that when people will gather, my free time will be ended, so it will be without me ” Read pls what is written in the beginning. Your level and stats are not high enough.

• army sizes

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Now my officially very last attempt to explain: ” No need, I understand what you are saying. I just disagree. Quote from Hans A. Pils: “So players would keep building the same amount of planes, but use them in smaller groups. Which would allow ground units to walk around in smaller groups. And you would definitely make use of that new liberty. Of course big stacks have an advantage in ground battle as well. But that advantage alone isn't sufficient to make you leave tal…

• Antarctica map

Quote from mindfields: “On day 7 he’s got 96 units, 50 Armoured cars! About 5 tac bombers and 8 strategic bombers. Rest is a ” If those are the units he is building with the gold he spends there should be plenty of oppertunity to defeat him. Gold is often also not a limited resource.

• Antarctica map

Quote from mindfields: “Only problem is I'm racing against the gold user so not sure if I should push now or wait & pick up the pieces... ” Also head for the lab when you have plenty of arty and AA with you. Wait till he attacks the labs outer ring. Then attack him. He will get crushed between the lab and you or spend a lot of gold. If you r lucky you can take the lab after you kill him in between the lab and outer ring.

• Antarctica map

Quote from mindfields: “As I'm just getting to the first Lab and it's day 6 will there be RRGs in the capital this early?? ” I would advise you to take the first lab right after your artillery upgrades to level 2. I usually use 3 artillery groups consisting of 8 arty per group to take my first lab. Infantry and tanks in front and behind. Yes there will be RRG at the start of the map in every lab center. The longer you wait, the more there will be. So make sure you have some troops with you that …

• I'd like to give it a try. I think I will be a good Soviet Union. Though I have a question. Write an article every day? Seems like a little much to me??

• Getting ganged up on

Edepedable - - General Discussions

Quote from micons: “The moral of the story? ” Quote from micons: “You breathe a sigh of relief and thought to yourself " Oh man, I crushed these fools. Time to tell about my victories in the Middle east before sleeping." You finish writing your sentence worth of an article and went to sleep. ” This is a great way to get noticed.

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “* The update brings a new dimension to gold usage. Before, you could hardly buy a big research advantage with gold. Now you can buy everything you can imagine... and that already at day 20. Gold spenders will smother you with level 3 bombers on day 8, with level 3 rockets on day 12 and with nuclear rockets on day 20, when your naturally grown economy is still so small there is no chance you can defend against somebody who spends just about 50.000 gold on better technolo…

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

Edepedable - - Off Topic

I have but only one major candidate: Non agression pacts For a multitude of reasons 1) This is a war game, the whole purpose is to be ''agressive'' and conquer others 2) It is compensation for a lack of skill 3) A lot of players do not seem to understand that it has to work 2 ways. If I am a lot stronger than you are and you offer me a NAP, no I will not do it. It is better for me to just take your lands. Why would I not conquer a weaker player that just sits around the map with NAP's with every…