Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from NEPTUNE the great: “... y’all are guilting me into coming back ” Don't remember anyone doing that.

• So confused by this post. If you're losing every game, and you suspect that you're not very good at CoW, then ask for advice. Read guides. Practice. Get good! If you're burned out, stop playing. But don't confuse the two.

• I don't personally use this feature, but I agree with you. The explanation they gave in the release notes did not make a lot of sense. Players getting "farmed"? Who is going to bother spying on a weak, "farmable" opponent? The other espionage features got removed because nobody used them, which makes more sense.

• A lot of players think bigger is better. Strat bombers, heavy tanks, battleships, carriers, commandos. But yeah, regular arty/rrarty plus shoot and scoot FTW.

• LOL encircle? There are no breakthrough or encirclement benefits in CoW. It's not how the game works.

• Out-producing your opponent and winning by pure attrition may work against unskilled opponents. It will not take you very far against players who know what they're doing.

• Panasian vs Heavy Armor

z00mz00m - - General Discussions

Pan Asian artillery is so good, why do you need anything else? It's even good against unarmored units, giving you more reason to build more of them, which makes you even better prepared to fight heavy armor. Plus the speed makes it less likely anyone will catch you, so you don't even need blockers or bombers. You can literally just built artillery as your only land unit, if you want.

• AA or SPAA

z00mz00m - - Questions and Answers

Doctrine, terrain, resource availability, distance to front line, factory level. SPAA requires a level 3 ordnance plant to produce at optimum speed. That's expensive, and takes a while to build. Do you need AA at the front line right away? Your options are, upgrade the factories in your core, and drive the SPAA to the front line, maybe driving across Asia. Or build at the front line, at 1/4 speed, maybe getting only 1-2 units per day. Or spam 12 AA in 24 hours in a single level 1 factory. Compar…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Depends on what units he is using I guess? ” This! You could assume that "Axis players always build medium tanks" and build a ton of artillery to counter them, but what if your opponent spams tactical bombers instead? In that case, an investment in interceptors and armored cars could have worked better. Knowledge is power.

• RoW agreements can happen within minutes of starting a game.

• Best units to focus on

Quote from NEPTUNE the great: “My opinion; tanks tanks tanks. ” Yeah, listen to this advice, and then do the opposite Don't forget resources matter. In your dreams, you may want to build a swarm of bombers, but if your country lacks goods or rares, you may want to go in a different direction. Heavy armor units require tons of metal. The infantry branch requires tons of food. And so on. Plus you will need recruitment centers in your cities, to improve manpower production. Those also require food …

• Anti Artillry Weapons

Both good suggestions, use tactical bombers or rush them with light armor. Both suggestions work best when the artillery is on its own, without infantry or AA cover. If there are other units in the stack, those can shoot down your bombers or stop your tanks. Another unit would be rocket artillery, which does 2.5 times the damage to unarmored units (including artillery) compared to regular artillery, which specializes against heavy armor. Stack together with infantry to add more hitpoints to the …

• Quote from Lord Crayfish: “In Allied infantry isn't even bad, I'd upgrade them to lvl.2 and maybe even lvl.4 and use them to crush rebellions and as meatshields. Also, as nerfed as they are (2 day 2 delay, practically 4 days due to Axis & Commie buffs) do medium tanks still have a place in Allied? They are more expensive than TDs as well. ” All infantry is good, even if Pan Asian and Comintern infantry are better than the other two. I skip-level mine to 3 or 4 depending on how urgently I need to…

• Kentucky may be more popular outside of the US because of the whisky

• Is this a mistake?

Recent militia nerf and commando boost to discourage the former and encourage more of the latter.

• K/D Flexing

Remember the KD is not a goal, it's just an indicator. How are you fighting AI, to lose units? What can you do to stop losing units? That's what you should think about

• K/D Flexing

KD for the sake of flexing is like competing on who can get the most miles on a charge. It's silly, but people will compete at anything. But KD is not useless. A player with a high KD against AI knows how to fight efficiently. They know how the game works, they know how to use their units, and they have patience. A player who loses tons of units against the AI is either ignorant or careless or both, not qualities you look for in a partner. Yes, player KD can be pushed up by playing easy maps aga…

• Yes, the paras will take damage from any unit that dishes out AA damage. If the total AA defense is greater than the total HP of the paratrooper army, they die. Note that 1 AA may not be enough. Just like with bombers. More and stronger bombers require more and better AA to stop.

• It was a bug. They fixed it. The end.