Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This question used to be only resource and doctrine dependent. Now it also depends on terrain. TD has a bonus in plains. AT has a bonus in cities. In addition, both like forests. TD is now better suited to defend faster moving, self propelled or mechanized units. AT guns are a better match for infantry and other foot powered units. AT+AA guns are ideally situated to support infantry as they 3/3 like urban terrain, and 2/3 like either forests, mountains, or hills.

• Why use rocket fighter

z00mz00m - - Questions and Answers

It's better than the people who read nothing on the forum, and ask the same questions that have been asked and answered 100 times. Like it's a personal help line.

• How to build rockets?

If you're asking this question, you should not be researching or building rockets. They will not help you. Build rocket artillery, armored cars, and get comfortable with the basics.

• HI

Most of these unit discussions are pointless. To win reliably and efficiently, 95% or more of the damage you deal will come from bombardment units. RRG, rrarty, arty, cruisers, battleships. Your other units exist to support your shooters. Scouting for them. Flipping provinces. Providing defensive screens. Serving as damage soakers. It's all about the shooters. Everything else is a support unit. Just get the most HP you can get for the buck, depending on your doctrine and resource availability.

• Commandos

If you want to minimize damage to the city, then you avoid all fighting inside. That means clearing it with planes. It's important to keep the patrol center outside of the urban area so the planes only catch the units, not the structures inside. Then you can drive in with a single armored car and flip the city with no fighting.

• I used to think this way. The AI could be made to perform better with very little effort. Just make it impossible for the AI to build most structures, units and associated research. We know the AI will never use air power effectively, so just turn it off. Special tab, turn it off. Make it only crank out simple units like infantry, AT guns, armored cars. The saved resources would make the AI much more effective without touching a single line of code. The problem is that most human players are alr…

• HI

Research few units, to high levels. For example: Artillery, then level 2, level 3, then upgrade all of them. Infantry level 2, 3, 4, then upgrade to 4 if they are reasonably healthy. Bad example: Light tanks, then medium tanks, then heavy tanks. Always chasing new units. Always playing with level 1 units. No, you want to build a swarm of armored cars and upgrade them to an angrier more powerful swarm that can move fast and find advanced stealth units before your artillery run into them.

• HI

But a valid question. Air power is a big part of the game!

• HI

Look at the stats of each unit. Attack values apply when you are the one driving or flying. Defense values apply when the other guy is attacking you. AA has really high air defense. It's added to the air defense of other units in the stack. Infantry is respectable, tanks are bad, artillery is bad, etc. This is also why you fight in BIG STACKS. The attack and defense values are added. You want to kill the enemy fast, dealing max damage while taking min damage in return.

• I am aware My comment stands. Needless complexity. Give us more exciting features.

• Like a lot of players, the poster confuses military units with the icons used to represent them on the map. An airplane can't be captured and reused. Because it's not an airplane. It's all the pilots and officers and maintenacne crew and military police etc. etc. The closest the game comes to capturing units is when you find a partially build unit in a damaged factory. And to be honest, I'm not a fan of those. It would be more useful if those things turned into resources I can pillage. And it ad…

• How to kill a rocket

Force march away from the target point.

• Commandos

They are strong indeed. The problem with using them on "offense", meaning sending them into enemy territory, is once they aer spotted the enemy air force can wipe them out without much trouble. They are traveling without any AA cover, so they can be invisible, which is great only as long as the enemy doesn't spot them. A fun unit, to be sure, but not a game winning investment, in my opinion. More of a nuisance unit to slow down enemy runners in rough terrain.

• HI

I think for someone struggling with game mechanics, AA is a better invetsment than an air force. The main defense against air is to keep your units in stacks. For example, having 5 infantry together with your artillery provides good basic protection against 1-2 plane attacks. As your opponents become more serious, you also have to get more serious. A stack of 5 tactical bombers needs 2-3 AA in addition to the other units in the stack. As the opponent uses higher level bombers, or sends larger fl…

• Quote from freezy: “Having to place sabotage spies in empty provinces without buildings is counter intuitive, and defending against such spies by placing counter intelligence in a lot of random empty provinces also makes little sense. With Intelligence spies the spy-antispy interaction will make a lot more sense and will be more balanced. ” In my experience, counter-espionage agents work from any friendly city. I place them in my capital to catch intel and sabotage spies across the empire. It us…

• It's hard at the start, because there is no buffer. But after you expand your borders, you get more time to react. That's a good reason to expand wisely. Don't leave potential enemies near your core. Another coping mechanism is not to leave your units exposed. Pull them back from the border. Cover with AA. Minimize the length of your active front lines, in general. Decrease your risk exposure. If you grow in a controlled manner, you can control the pace of the game. Lastly, be the bully. Make su…

• I'm all for new espionage options, sounds like fun. More conservative play, larger defensive armies, less excited about that. Players who want to buy the win can still build a golden army to stop an invasion. An information deficit hurts the planners more.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I agree that the feature is powerful, and that it needs to be curtailed (especially cause it isn't advertized which means noobs don't have access to it). However, it needs SOME sort of replacement, to get intel on potential enemies you can't scout on. That could be something like: total army composition, units and level researched, "float" of their army, or even some sort of "reveal local armies" for regular spies (even though I don't know how that one works exactly be…

• Scouting can only help you so much, when it takes 1-2 days to move an army across a continent. Imagine finding an invasion force 6 hours from the California coast, when most of your army is engaged across the Rocky Mountains. They will never make it back in time to repel the invasion. Taking away the "battle plan spy" places a greater emphasis on air power as the only force that can quickly rebase to a different part of the world.