Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 384.

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Reality: About 70% of all military in WW2 was from one of the four infantry types (militia, motorized, 4mechanized or regular infantry). For example compare 3 regular infantry with 1 artillery + 1 AT + 1 AA: Both are similarly useful and have practically the same production costs. But upkeep for the infantry is 60% higher. So why should I ever build infantry? ” I think you are missing something very important in your proposal. Your suggestion on making the 5 infantry ty…

• Fire at will!

Edepedable - - News

Don't mean to be late to the party, but I also see a lot of trouble with this update. I can now not just put my artillery near an AI country I want tot attack and go away for half a day without the artillery also shooting at the neigbouring AI that I did not want to attack. Also, there is no more snooping around the map with a couple of units sent of to sea since if they encounter a neutral vessel on the sea they attack each other. So you have to check on sailing units every couple of hours and …

• Non-aggression pact

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Effects: * Backstabbing would still be possible, but has a penalty. * Players could offer or request a two day peace guarantee in trade offers. Possibly not easy to implement, though . ” I'm sorry but I am still not a fan. The Germans breaking their agreements with the Soviet Union in WW2 did absolutely nothing to the moral of German people or their army. Quite sure some people were against it but I think it is safe to say that as many, if not more, people were motivate…

• Research Balancing Update

Edepedable - - News

Quote from ErwinSWE: “This game already feel more like WW3 than WW2 with all the rockets and nukes, I think it's a very bad decision to make them even easier to research. ” I really don't think its all that easy to be honest. the research tree used to be very predictable. I usually knew what opponents were researching around what day. I would do about the same. This is no longer true. What now stops me from doing research is lack of resources. Planning research is less of an issue, thats true. B…

• Quote from Kanaris: “I did not say I train infantry early game I said I build a grain fed army units that use up alot of grain in daily upkeep such as AA, ATGs, arty, etc. Infantry alone just like any other unit is useless but a combined arms approach its a very tough nut to crack even if its not mechanized. I am on my sixth game since this update was released and I said it before I will say it again you can no longer support grain fed armies due to this update until late game which is completel…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “About your ideas they're not bad. And indeed coal had some strategical importance. But that was for steel smelting. The presence of both coal and steel in the game without needing coal for your steel production has some kind of overlapping about it that creates a compile error in my brain. ” Hey there, thanks for the comment! Allow me to clarify what I have in mind exactly; I know coal was mostly used for smelting metals and even more so, for 'civil' needs. Be it indust…

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “The court, or council of Leaders is designed to ensure that the moderator acted properly and with proper evidence. The court does not have the authority to suspend or change the rules at any point. When a player wishes to appeal a moderator decision a player can appeal to the council of leaders for that particular game. For example there may be cases where evidence can be presented by the player that the moderator did not follow the rules, or acted improperly, or interpret…

• Quote from Kanaris: “Well that just goes to confirm exactly what I have been saying, more mechanized armies less grain fed armies. I have no steel problems I am floating 10k early game as I avoid light tank spam and try to build infantry based armies which is very very hard after this update as I don't have either the grain nor manpower (as barracks are turned off) to produce a proper grain fed army. This is a really sad state of affairs... ” But training infantry early on has never been a good …

• Quote from Bobishunting[AE2]: “They should have been disqualified without a doubt but since it was given up to a vote and then AE got the required amount of votes the decision of the COL should have been valid. ” As a bystander I do not really get this at all. If players broke the rules what is there to vote about? The rules were quite the long read, personally I did not really understand the scoring system at all. However, the things that you were not allowed to do were pretty obvious. From wha…

• Quote from Kanaris: “Thus the only viable option is to move away from armies that take lots of grain for upkeep which once again gives the advantage and encourages lt/tac spam or at any rate mechanized armies. Before the update it was hard but viable to have grain fed armies early game, this is no longer possible and yes it is VERY much as shame as it is completely senseless and ahistorical. ” It seems to me that if you prioritize grain production from early on you should be fine. It just takes …

• I have read the rules and I agree to them.

• Quote from imaanxh: “Ps. I will not be subject to any moral and or ethical reprocussions for this implementation. dont @ me ” But you do realize that there is a big problem in what you say here right? You are basicly admitting that what you say is immoral and unethical, and that you do not want to be told that this is the case? Doubt Bytro will think that your suggestion is a good one.

• Paratrooper Reload

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Maybe they can introduce a new building. The 'paratrooper barracks' of which you can have only 1 but does not neccesarily need to be in your capitol.

• Research Balancing Update

Edepedable - - News

Quote from Aloriel: “Also still I have no clue on when your army becomes too big to supply with food, probably the size is a problem, but what the hell man? I ain't sending like a quarter of my army to its death simply because of food, I've not build up my forces for decoration and giggles, I need those guns at the front! ” What I tend to do besides upgrading all my food provinces, in terms of army management is the following. Army cap I set a certain cap on my total army size. Meaning if my arm…

• Quote from Torpedo28000: “While its def a good army, for the purpose of providing new players I think it may just be a little too advanced, plus they need to survive long enough to get it. What are your thoughts on that^? If you don't believe so and show reasons why I would definitely consider adding it. ” The first guide I ever read differentiated between 4 grand strategy's. I'm pretty sure its in one of the guides you refer to in your own guide. They are very well known, ill mention them fast …

• Army 4 Direct attacking army LT, MT, moto inf, mecha inf, SPAA. Pros: Very fast, hard to stop, can take away vital provinces and production centers. They can split up to take cities (moto inf and mecha inf do pretty okay against planes when together in 1 stack, though not versus to many). Cons: Costly in every resource, if the enemy sees it comming it can be a big waste, usually only profitable when you have the biggest economy. Thats it in a nutshell

• Put all your planes 1 by 1 throughout a province and an 'enemy' has a chance to capture each one indivudually with 50% chance. Right now there is a maximum of 10% of your total army that can be passed between players. Also, units in convoys are still units, what if they are indeed not in a province center upon capture. I see little use for it. The idea itself is cool, but it does not fit CoW.

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Edepedable - - News

Quote from General Nightman: “Quote: “predictable use, why else have a lvl3 airfield in my capitol. ” Just build lvl 3 airports everywhere, disguise your activities!Building a lvl 2 barrack could also throw them off your scent. ” Yes, I'd though about the same thing. But that is a very costly undertaking just to throw other players off. Besides, they would still realize that para's are an option. Whether you also build lvl 3 airfields elsewhere or not.

• Antarctica map

Edepedable - - Questions and Answers

@mindfields I sent you a PM so we can discuss the continuation of the map. Feel like we are spamming this thread a little

• Quote from Vlanchavic: “alright then skip the instant capture and go to the last part. After you capture the province they rockets, planes etc go into a enemy convoy state and after each one lose 50% morale there’s a 50/50 chance to capture or destroy it ” Such a mechanism could be exploited in games where players work together.