Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 741.

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “just like in reality, where they played a bigger role in the 1930s and only a minor one in the 1940s. ” Erm, scuse me? Maginot? Kursk perimeter? Atlantikwall? Siegfried line? The point of forts not being popular, is that this game is all about attacking and expansion. Tactically, it sometimes has a point to defend, but once you start concentrating on strategic defense, you have basically lost already. And yeah, forts are mainly strategic weapons due to build time. To se…

• Manpower is just one of the resources needed. Tanks and planes are capped by other resources. And yeah, if you have relatively low manpower, higher tech units will still be the way to go.

• Only their name is wrong - it should be "elite infantry" - mountaineers, rangers, SS, guards, etc. They would STILL have too high stats, but at least they would be front-line.

• Senior Games

K.Rokossovski - - Find Co-players

Quote from StrangeTalent: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “OK; bailing out then. ” ill play a game with you! ” Sure. Head to head?

• Senior Games

OK; bailing out then.

• Reveal All

K.Rokossovski - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from BMfox: “But as long as it is there, i'm taking advantage of it because if I won't then my enemy will. ” This argument has been used to justify child labor, environment abuse, slavery, bio-industry, pyramid schemes, narcotics distribution, and much more. And yeah, I use it too.

• Senior Games

Count me in if we get like 10 players or so. Quote from cerealnerd: “define senior. ” He did; it's L70+.

• Reveal All

I agree, reveal-all is way too easy and powerfull right now. Various levels of reveal-SOME (based on the investment) would be much better.

• Quote from AK140: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I usually don't use a stack like that. I'd split it up, and capture as much undefended ground as possible; then when meeting resistance, merge units into a battle group tailored for the particular resistance encountered. That requires a lot of online time though; your stack kept together can work well in an offline situation and a long path as well. In any case, split off the SP arty; they're not supposed to do actual melee combat (like the rest of t…

• I usually don't use a stack like that. I'd split it up, and capture as much undefended ground as possible; then when meeting resistance, merge units into a battle group tailored for the particular resistance encountered. That requires a lot of online time though; your stack kept together can work well in an offline situation and a long path as well. In any case, split off the SP arty; they're not supposed to do actual melee combat (like the rest of the stack) but bomb the enemy at range instead.

• Also, in many cases the "old" speed when the order was drawn is used. For example, when you have conquered a province, other units moving into it still use the "enemy territory" speed. This may be the case for finished research as well. To solve it, just draw the same move order again, and it will reflect the current situation. As a side note, you should AVOID redrawing the order if your current speed is lower than the speed at draw time. For example, when you have LOST a province, your troops a…

• Quote: “(btw making SP arty/SP AA is something I like to do in captured provinces going forward also) ” Aye. In fact these days I seldom build LT after SP arty becomes available; I rely on the pool built in the early days, and switch to MI as that pool runs out. Haven't tried this on "new" mech inf values (switched from off to def unit) yet though.

• What you are really experiencing is the problem of too many close-by allies. Since you made everyone close to you a friend, all distances to non-friends become large; this happens everywhere on the map, not just in Oceania. In my experience, fighting and conquering nearby countries (or being defeated and starting a new game) works much better in the long run, since you can later ally to more distant partners. For your specific problem right now, since you'll have to go overseas anyway, find the …

• The real problem is in the awful inflation of "free games" all around the net. People join them, expect to be able to play in half an hour, and at the smallest bump or slightest whim switch to the next one. Even getting back to the same site on the next day can be a problem. People don't want to learn basic game mechanics because they have learned 50 different mechanics over the last month alone. So yeah, we' ll have huge amounts of quitters forever. On the plus side, the people that DO stay for…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “But reducing their recruitment durations I wouldn't like. Firstly for regular, mot. and mech. infantry you should still feel that good training requires years in real life. Being a good infantryman was a way more demanding job than for example reloading a AA or AT gun. ” Well, yes and no. For example, after the huge Barbarossa losses, the Soviets just raised their manpower reserves, passed them a rifle, and said "you're an infantry division now". Similar for German Volk…

• A very good game play proposal, and completely accurate historically as well. I would take this even further and shift upkeep from food to manpower even more extremely. I' d like to add to this proposal that build times might be decreased as well. Given the recent changes in mech inf stats (they won't be the super-light tanks any more), I' m not completely sure if they need to be taken down this road as well, and I' d like to get some battlefield experience with them first. My gut says "yes" tho…

• maritime borders

CoW uses a different system for sea movement. Rigging platforms were experimental only at the time; no significant production levels were achieved.

• Quote from atreas1: “ I would also not mind if they were extremely weak against armor (as they in fact were - see Operation Market Garden). ” Actually, this is a myth (if you're referring to the 1st British Airborne division at Arnhem). In the first two days of the operation, Urqhart's men attacked desperately into the city to capture the bridge; they threw in a total of seven batallions which were all decimated (including the one batallion which actually made it), and they took horrendous losse…

• Day Change

@freezy *BUMP* Sarah has said this wasn't on the development schedule any time soon. She's gone now though, so maybe you could look into the issue again? As I see it, this is STILL one of the MOST irritating problems on the current game!! For reference, in summer time and in Europe, day change is now at 1 am in the morning. By morning, it is 7 or more hours later; that means espionage reports are outdated, responses to rebellions and players going inactive are late, etc etc. Even a very basic so…

• Game Operator ChaosWarlord

K.Rokossovski - - Support Team

Please report bugs from within the game: bottom right, wheel button, then "bug" symbol.