Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 485.

• Quote from attacker101: “ for ex. AC stands for both Armored Car and Aircraft Carrier ” The abbreviation for Aircraft Carrier is not AC, but CV = Carrier Vessel.

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

_Pontus_ - - News

In my overall dead game w/o active enemies, I am still stuck with several para's for which I still can't find good use. Out of laziness I jumped to Sardinia and Corsica; hardly strategic targets. Some other two I used before to save me 2 hrs (Two? Yes 2.). As is, paras are not very useful. Someone said something about that I would be 'feeling the pain of paras' bc they have more than 5km range. I don't see how 5 or 500km make a difference, if the jump distance of maxed out (not elite) paras hard…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “again im gonna spell this out slowly cause you are brain flatted at this moment on this for no other purpose then sniff your own goodness farts on the game ” ...your anger management needs work. Urgently. Your point was: militia needs to be removed, because it is a useless unit. My point is: militia does not need to be removed, because it is not a useless unit. - Your point has been sufficiently disproven; and not just by me, but also by other (good&better) players, who are…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “the system doesnt work like that. ” Like said: you have 2 options... I guess you chose the comfort of option 1... Now that is entirely up to you, but please stop talking nonsense about something you simply never noticed or don't know about.

• Quote from atreas1: “i am not sure this loophole will exist for long. ” It has been like this for many years. It would be a pity if it changes, but so be it. The game should not be over-simplified though. That would take out the spice and challenge. As I said before, I would not be interested in a game where my game knowledge is no longer required and/or every outcome can be auto-computed except for the random x-factor.

• Quote from Spiffolo: “[barracks finsihed] only till 95% ..//.. eve if isnt actually working like that by the game system ” Sigh ...There has yet to be invented a medicine against ignorance. Because BMFox expressed the thought that this does not work like that, does not necessarily mean it does not actually do work like that. When in doubt, there are 2 options: 1. stick to ones stubborn opinion and don't even try it (and rest assured nothing will change for you, which may be comforting). 2. be st…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “...something... ” no comment, except that my comments made based on relevant-to-the-discussion events: - show once again that Militia is a far from useless defensive unit; - are hopefully safeguarding players from being ill-advised by misguided players. And if all that is totally useless to them, at least they learned: - how to save grain and still get the manpower, - as well as that impressive armored armies can be beaten with equal numbers of infantry-class only, even whe…

• The Devs are smart... I now understand they created this event map, featuring an especially ill-equipped Army Group South, solely to prove Militia is not useless and Inf-class armies can beat the hell out of armored opponents :))) The Devs must be very committed to their creations; in this case: militia :))) Nevertheless, the suggestion of Atreas was a good one: increase HP of Militia a little with research level increases, to make them different from just being cheaper, slower and slightly less…

• Quote from BMfox: “That's not how it works, barracks that are not finished are disabled. When the barracks are disabled you don't get the manpower advantages. ” Try it Break of at 19 of 20 build points and you get the corresponding 95% of 10% (= 9,5%) extra manpower output FYI: also damaged barracks, which you might find in conquered cities, give the extra manpower corresponding to the build points left. Quote from BMFox: “I do the same but i use it to build infrastructure and upgrade industrial…

• Quote from BMFox: “And you will do that with which manpower? ” Madly, as in produce as many as possible and partly speed march them to the destination; and well, you do that with all the manpower available ... from barracks built in every province... Why decide to build barracks in every province? That's soooo nooob!!! Because it was clear from the onset that manpower would be the biggest issue, since Army Group South is convicted to produce only inf-class troops for quite a while. Costing too m…

• One last remark, though I promised to end it. But this concerns relevant and recent happenings, tied in with the Event-End-Game maps, putting an end to all theories and speculations. Twice I was dealt the Southern Army Group (SAG). Anyone who was dealt SAG will definitely have cursed the devs for setting up SAG as they did: - lots of militia, few inf, few AT, few AA and only very few mechanized regiments (4 LT, 2 AC and 2 or 3 motorized Inf) spread out and no way to replace them. - Not a single …

• I agree with that set-up with 1 exception: 8 regular + 6 SPA When the game progresses, distances increase and maintaining speed becomes of essence. My regular arty and inf-class troops then go on defense or are assigned to densely populated fronts with smaller distances, while the mech-groups do the large stretches.

• 75th D-Day anniversary

_Pontus_ - - News

Wow... Southern Army Group is being severely mistreated. Not a single road/infra with a factory. No troops worth mentioning. If I remember correctly though, Axis forces put up a tremendous fight in Italy. Even having Tigers at their disposal. In this set-up, everything, except 9 light motorized vehicles (2 AC, 4 LT and 3 mot-Inf regiments), is slow moving over large distances. Even if it should be more or less correct that the Yugoslavian part of the front wasn't that well equipped, in Northern …

• Quote from Spiffolo: “yes, i listen to advice of higher player but again you are higher since you started 2015 ” Again an argument that has no foundation. Rank is not attained by years played, but by points gathered; militarily and economically. There are people with a high rank without ever winning a game, just because they played a flabbergasting number of games and there are people with a high rank and few games, but all played well, and everything in between is also possible, including golde…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “using a militia WITH an AT, is not the militia doing the job, but its the AT.... ” Please, , don't you see that you corroborated the usefulness of militia? The AT is nothing by itself. So is the militia. But together... Get it? Quote from Spiffolo: “its a wasted research becasue making a militia to lv 4 surely aint cheap on resources epecially on day 12 ” Why make militia level 4 on day 12? You should research your priority units first and ...as said: when you have a lull i…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “using militia on your eastern front just means russia is not aiming to fight you ” (you got it the wrong way round) I am SOVIET UNION (aka Russia) and I have def-positions on my WESTERN front in PL and RO (and Scandinavia), consisting of Militia and other. This means I am not planning to move further WEST as Soviet Union aka Russia. Further, I know I can trust my militia+other to easily hold the line vs whatever Germany might want to throw at me and - if not defeating the a…

• Quote from Ozzone: “A single squad of about 20 tactical bombers ” Ozzone, one single squad of 20 tacs? Ever heard of SBDE? Besides, any enemy building lots of Arty or SPA w/o protection, so that they can be easily wiped out by a few bombers, is no real threat from the onset. I fear you have to worry more about the enemies that are building lots of arty/SPA and do know how to protect them....

• Quote from General Nightman: “Artillery has less use as you fight high level/skilled players, but it still has it's place. ” First off: good guide! But I beg to differ concerning you statement above... Artillery, especially SP-A, is the the most versatile and effective weapon. I prefer it over Tacs; anytime. Ofc you do need to mix in other troops, since no single type of unit is strong against the right answer. My current weapon of choice is groups of 6 SP-A accompanied by 6 ACs and 6 SP-AA. Whe…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “there is a reason why no one above a certain skill level even look at them ” I am not defending militia to be a contrarian. I am simply opposing the idea that they have to be removed, because some players don't seem to be able to put them to good use. Because I don't play enough, I just dropped out of the top 200 (was160something; 203 now). Top 200 doesn't make me a 'pro' ofc, and maybe it does not qualify as a good player in your eyes, but it shows (I hope) I am not a comp…

• Quote from Spiffolo: “oh i will...... every time i see someone with a lv6 militia i just laugh my way to his capital in a single lv 1 medium tank. i dont use them cause of the terrible stats ( good only in a specific scenario and not even then) and the huge hit on manpower and resource and again, i have to say it more clearly, the sh*t stats, they get cut throught with almost anything else (apart of paras apparently) with that resources spent on studying them, upgradeing them and building them c…