Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 615.

• As explained in the news thread already we will change the behaviour again in an upcoming update, to make blockades more an opt-in option instead of an opt-out option.

• Reveal All

freezy - - Suggestions / Criticism

We actually have plans to make these instant reveal actions more expensive soon as we also see that they are too powerful for their current price. Probably the most powerful gold actions in the game right now. We won't completely remove them though. More on that in some upcoming news

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! With this change we had good intentions and wanted to give players more options in naval warfare. We did not intend for this change to have such a large impact on currently running game rounds. We apologize for vastly altered game situations due to the update. We are currently discussing potential changes to the new behaviour to satisfy more player needs. That said please don't expect any fast change over night as we are bound to our update cycles, so even if w…

• Research Balancing Update

freezy - - News

The main goal of the update was indeed not to tackle balancing issues on unit level. We know that currently not all units are equally represented in most player's strategies. To make more units viable more balancing updates will follow in the future.

• It's on our list to be fixed "soon". To be honest the old behaviour was an unintentional bug as well. If was never intended that you can increase the patrol radius of a plane by merging it with a plane that has an even bigger patrol radius. So the fix will most likely be to display the smallest common patrol radius of the stack and also use that for damage calculation. This also is more realistic, troops operating together with other troops are bound by eachothers limitations and don't magically…

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

Quote from AK140: “Quote from nemuritor98: “i guess you already know but there's a visual bug that includes the "Fire at will" icon to all unknown units forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…9d664881a5fc255a64344a041 ” I don't think it's a "visual" bug, it's more likely a "feature" bug. On one of my game, i moving my unprotected convoy near a neutral (computer) country shoreline to land elsewhere, and then while i was offline i'm somehow at war with them and the newspaper says i attacked them and my co…

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

To clarify once more: If you want to set up a naval blockade with ranged units and you want them to bombard neutral units from a distance, you have to set their fire mode to "aggressive" (High Command only, and only for ranged units). If you want to set up a naval blockade by blocking the naval paths with ships or submarines, to prevent neutral armies from moving through, it is now enough to just place them there with their standard setting "fire at will" (free for everyone, standard setting of …

• Airfields

freezy - - Suggestions / Criticism

This change was part of the release news: Quote: “We also changed the minimum condition at which Airbases and Infrastructures on level 1 become functioning to 5 out of 5 hitpoints. ” forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…esearch-balancing-update/

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

Your units won't attack those nations then. They will only bombard neutral or enemy troops when set to aggressive. I hope you guys make use of being able to set up pre-emptive naval blockades now Which is also done by default now on sea using the standard settings.

• Quote from Kanaris: “Quote from EZ Dolittle: “Some tips: 1. Do not train Infantry or Militia 5. Trade away your militia or infantry to someone who is already grossly negative on food to reduce your draw down. ” So basically you have come around to seeing my point that this update is wittingly or not pushing people towards more mechanized armies in essence encouraging lt/tac spam as a valid strategy. While we are at it lets rename the game to call of mechanized warfare because 1942 simply doesn't…

freezy - - News

Thanks for the feedback! To those worried about food: With this change you actually have a higher food income than before, because the food consumption of provinces was reduced. Therefore it is easier to have a positive food production, and that additional food can now also be invested into research. As for the concerns about the current meta strategy: This update won't be the last balancing update. As the news post suggests, we will look into the balancing of other game apsects again in the fut…

freezy - - News

Quote from KingofCalradia: “Hello @Arcorian; I'm happy to see that you've changed some of the things about the investugations, it it's not the important thing i've seen in this text. You also said that in the provinces you have changed the resourser consumition, If it's true my production on food will be better, but yesterday i had -200 on my production and today i have -400 on my production for hour. My question is if you have changed something on the troops consumtion. Anyway you must improve …

• Based on all your feedback since our last Research balancing revision on beta we are introducing a bunch of additional changes on beta, to adress the final concerns. ------------------------------------------- - Increased Nuclear Rocket costs again: Rare Material from 12500 (pre-patch: 10000) to 15000 and Money from 30000 to 35000. - Increased research time of Nuclear Rocket from 50h to 65h. - Increased research cost of Nuclear Rocket: Food from 7500 to 8000, Rare materials from 12500 to 15000, …

• Ok the issue was quickly checked. We had this bug indeed on beta for a while, but it was fixed already. So maybe you saw this bug when the bugfix was not deployed to beta yet? At the present time we cannot verify this bug as happening anymore. Can you please test again and if it still happens, post us clea reproduction steps? Thank you!

• No deliberate change. Must be a bug then. Will forward so it gets verified and fixed. Thanks for reporting!

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

freezy - - News

Thanks for the feedback on Paratroopers. We will consider changing their balancing in the future.

• yes it does. We will soon offer auto created games on beta to have more beta games available.

• Thanks for the detailed feedback Hans A. Pils! Many of your suggestions will likely be looked at in further balancing updates, where we will also look in detail at units and buildings. As said previously this research balancing change is only the first step in rebalancing the game. This change is of course not perfect, but its also not the end of the road. It should already by a nice improvement and we will iterate on it later. The feedback in this thread is very qualitative and depending on pla…

• Quote from atreas1: “Just thought of something that might not fit well together with the new research speedup. Forts Forts are already devalued (Infra is now giving morale) and now the faster advent of their real killers (Rockets Lvl4) will be the end of them I think. Even if they become MUCH cheaper, this might not be enough because they are practically almost useless (or perhaps in more diplomatic terms practically suboptimal). Do you have any thoughts on that? ” Right now fortresses are not m…

• I created a 100p 4x speed map on the EN server for you guys to quickly run through a game with the new changes. Please test and give feedback again! Game ID 2742438 Quote from medhat_2000: “I understand that we probably can't get an ETA on these changes. But roughly, are we talking about a couple of months in the future, or more like in 2020-2021? ” Really no idea, its also not set in stone on our side. It was just a vague outlook that we have plans to overhaul more aspects of the game. Once we …