Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 213.

• New relationships

Kanaris - - Archive

Quote from Spiffolo: “ but hey aparently you only have all of the ideas (dozen of them) to use gamey tactics...please, teach me your ways oh, wise one! ” Can't fill a cup that is already full, its waste of time and energy. Best of luck in your endeavours

• New relationships

Kanaris - - Archive

Quote from Spiffolo: “i should not have an update of the game casue it will get a gamey function and make you go to war more often in a WAR game.... oh wait, that is exactly how i said it will work, if i was willing to go to war i would, i will be protected at night and if it was an error then i can explain it ” Well if you are happy then I am happy for you! Specially that you think that your coastline is now "safe". Can't wait for you to meet someone who knows better and can disabuse of that no…

• humbly once again I must disagree, before you decide on a course of action as in decrease cost you must answer the question why are fortresses not build? Too expensive metal requirements could be just one of many reasons. Even then, too expensive compared to what? What are people doing with metal that they consider more important then building fortress? For instance I build them all the time from early to late game I think they are great as is. Unless we take the time to examine what are the rea…

• humbly I disagree 3k metal is a worthy investment just for the morale benefit! besides if you reduced the cost for fortress then you need to proportionally adjust the cost for the rest of the buildings as well for instance it would make no sense that fortress requires a lot less metal than infra lvl2...

• New relationships

Kanaris - - Archive

care to comment now that it went live? hate to say I told you so but I called it and I was bang on!

• Horrible idea as no one will use the steel to build fortress they will use it to spam even more light tanks. If you want people to consider using fortress then buff their stats, increasing steel for every nation will not get more fortress built.

• It also leaves the door wide open for abuse against PvP and believe me I am abusing the crap out of this new option

• Fire at will!

Kanaris - - News

Please leave it as is its awesome I am abusing the heck out of it

• Research Balancing Update

Kanaris - - News

Its worst than you think actually, all the strategy for what units to research and when, has gone out the window. Before researching units took a much longer time compared to now, so you had to plan very carefully to ensure you do not fall behind the curve for certain critical units. Now you can focus on a couple of units and leave the rest of your tech tree blank and research them when you need them as you can catch up quickly. Lets say I focus on on ground units and ignore my airforce and sudd…

Kanaris - - News

Quote from atreas1: “The research balancing update is a choice of the designers - it is their game, so there is no point in debating how right or wrong it is. ” Nobody here is questioning if its the developers legitimate right to radically change the way research works. Its their software they can do as they please. As customers however that doesn't mean we have to like it even less so that we have to agree with it! As customers it is our duty to voice our disagreement, our concerns and our disp…

Kanaris - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Quote from Kanaris: “Please point out specifically where in any of my posts I have mentioned or made allusions to gold usage ” You didn't. That's why I was telling you if anyone can seriously threaten your grain-fed army with just tanks or just planes, he must have been using gold. Otherwise stopping such a mono-focused enemy is very easy with AT (plus optionally artillery behind it) or AA. Also early in the game and also after the update, just like before - as I explai…

Kanaris - - News

Please point out specifically where in any of my posts I have mentioned or made allusions to gold usage because I really do not understand what you are talking about. After having refuted all your pro update "arguments" with real arguments which are backed up by several days of gameplay showing specifically how the game balance has been ruined all you have to say in return is that my data is based on gold spamming? Just to define terms clearly so we can all be on the same wavelength spamming uni…

• Fire at will!

Kanaris - - News

like I said there are many ways to abuse this new feature

• Fire at will!

Kanaris - - News

This new fire at will option has an amazing potential for abuse... Lets get started!

Kanaris - - News

Quote from Edepedable: “ I am currently playing in a gold free format, the Team League. And advanced units showing up way to early has not occurred there. Simply because it is to expensive to do. Which, I think, is a very positive change. ” Advanced units showing up too early was never a concern before but it can be now. When you see lvl5 tacs flying around on day 18 or lvl4 rockets by day 20 it says alot. Specially when the the main concern of spamming has never been properly addressed but if a…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “That's a positive change because before there was the overall #1 rule: If you want to have a chance to win, always keep both research slots filled, no matter what (except for a very short break on day 7). Don't think about it, just go for it. ” There are so many reason that I disagree with this statement that I have to enumerate them. 1. The reason why we had to keep researching non stop before the update is because even for lvl1 unit research most units took more than …

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Quote from Kanaris: “What I do know is that pre update I did not have problems with grain fed army early game and maintaining research tempo, now its impossible. ” Correct. You now have to decide for either having a tall army right from the start or for researching a lot right from the start. Now there's a trade-off; you can't have both. Which is a positive change, isn't it? ” Please elaborate how is this a positive change? I will be more than happy to listen if you hav…

• What I do know is that pre update I did not have problems with grain fed army early game and maintaining research tempo, now its impossible. I am guessing if I can't do it newer players don't manage it either and probably are going towards lt/tac spam more and more which explains what I am seeing more and more and also explains the metal shortage early game Hans reported. So if the point of this update was to push players towards building mechanized armies which from a WW2 perspective makes no s…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “To Kanaris: You obviously started with one of the rare countries that has more steel than goods provinces. But in general, since the update, steel is rare in early game (as Doolittle correctly stated) and the opposite in late game. So your fear of many tanks in early game isn't justified. And many planes in early game? If not using gold, that's also a bad strategy. Already the building time and ressources for a level two airfield in one of your cities is too much for th…

• Quote from Edepedable: “But training infantry early on has never been a good idea. You start with a lot of it in every map, why build more? You get more units manpower wise if you build LT. Its not a spam, just a balancing thing of your entire army. Though I agree that not being able to use infantry is an issue. I think manpower requirements should be lower and so should food upkeep be as a consequence. Since the last update manpower requirements were lowered for infantry, but they still eat as …