Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 628.

• The update to the fire controls was finalized and will *probably* be released in the next game update (in 2 weeks from this post). So hang in tight please

• Sorry for the issue everyone. It should now be fixed for good.

• Naval Movement Bug

freezy - - Bug Reports and Issues

The issue should be fixed now.

• The issue should be fixed now.

• The issue regarding the map seam should be fixed now.

• Release Notes 2019-08-20

freezy - - News

That should be fixed, yes. The issue only appeared shortly before the update (and was fixed by the update), that's why it didn't make it into the news text. The transport ship bug mentioned in the news was the bug that leveled transport ships did not use the speed of their level.

• Both games use the same engine, so sometimes a change in the one game can result in an unplanned change in the other game. Usually we always spot these beforehand and fix it, but with this it slipped through the cracks. It was due to particular units (Gas Artillery) in the new game Supremacy 1 having limited ammo and a reload ability. Should already be fixed in CoW though?

• Research Balancing Update

freezy - - News

Quote from atreas1: “Fun fact: I can bet that Infantry Lvl1 didnt have 24h research time (but I can also bet the Lvl1 is a typo). ” Quote from nemuritor98: “Quote from freezy: “Fun fact: In the old balancing both Infantry Lvl1 and Nuclear Power level 1 had the same research time, both 24h. ” Then how comes that we could start producing infantry lvl1 a few minutes after we joined a day 1 match? ” My bad, indeed a typo. I meant level 2, the first "real" level that you research, not the one everyon…

freezy - - News

Fun fact: In the old balancing both Infantry Lvl1 and Nuclear Power level 1 had the same research time, both 24h.

• New Feature: Scenario Rotation

freezy - - News

Well that escalated quickly I guess? Going to adress this very briefly and in general. I don't really want to hold a discussion about the value of gold or HC, or the balance between gold vs. non-gold, as this would go far beyond the scope of this topic. I just say this again: We understand and value qualitative opinions on this topic, as it brings our attention to possible facts that need to be checked. We base decisions often on quantitative data though. This data sometimes contradicts what peo…

• New Feature: Scenario Rotation

freezy - - News

Quote from Michael Westerdahl: “I made an forum account SOULY to make this post. Look, ive played Call of war since Launch, I remember when self propelled was a new thing, I remember when the Historic maps were NEW, I played before the 100 Player maps even were announced. I have loved this game for many years, and it's still an AMAZING game. However, this update changes many things, and the claim that it's to help "Activity" seems to be wrong, ill explain why: Right now there is 5 100 Player mat…

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

Quote from nemuritor98: “I'm wondering, why didn't this make it first to the Frontline Pioneer games? Isn't the FP supposed to try things first and deliberate whether or not it's balanced and whether or not to include it in the game? ” It was in frontline pioneer games. Every change first goes to frontline pioneer games. No feedback received on this one. Quote from Newbss: “Quote from freezy: “while the "aggressive" setting will stay as it is, so that it is an opt-in behaviour to attack neutral …

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

As stated earlier in the thread, it will be reworked again. To be specific, "the fire at" will setting will return to it's former behaviour, while the "aggressive" setting will stay as it is, so that it is an opt-in behaviour to attack neutral units instead of an opt-out. I know this won't cover every use case, but it should fix the biggest issue while still allowing for the intended mechanic of setting up blockades or to prepare pre-emptive measures while being offline. Due to our development, …

• As explained in the news thread already we will change the behaviour again in an upcoming update, to make blockades more an opt-in option instead of an opt-out option.

• Reveal All

freezy - - Suggestions / Criticism

We actually have plans to make these instant reveal actions more expensive soon as we also see that they are too powerful for their current price. Probably the most powerful gold actions in the game right now. We won't completely remove them though. More on that in some upcoming news

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! With this change we had good intentions and wanted to give players more options in naval warfare. We did not intend for this change to have such a large impact on currently running game rounds. We apologize for vastly altered game situations due to the update. We are currently discussing potential changes to the new behaviour to satisfy more player needs. That said please don't expect any fast change over night as we are bound to our update cycles, so even if w…

freezy - - News

The main goal of the update was indeed not to tackle balancing issues on unit level. We know that currently not all units are equally represented in most player's strategies. To make more units viable more balancing updates will follow in the future.

• It's on our list to be fixed "soon". To be honest the old behaviour was an unintentional bug as well. If was never intended that you can increase the patrol radius of a plane by merging it with a plane that has an even bigger patrol radius. So the fix will most likely be to display the smallest common patrol radius of the stack and also use that for damage calculation. This also is more realistic, troops operating together with other troops are bound by eachothers limitations and don't magically…

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

Quote from AK140: “Quote from nemuritor98: “i guess you already know but there's a visual bug that includes the "Fire at will" icon to all unknown units forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…5f52a2ce3017be4fd57d60d14 ” I don't think it's a "visual" bug, it's more likely a "feature" bug. On one of my game, i moving my unprotected convoy near a neutral (computer) country shoreline to land elsewhere, and then while i was offline i'm somehow at war with them and the newspaper says i attacked them and my co…

• Fire at will!

freezy - - News

To clarify once more: If you want to set up a naval blockade with ranged units and you want them to bombard neutral units from a distance, you have to set their fire mode to "aggressive" (High Command only, and only for ranged units). If you want to set up a naval blockade by blocking the naval paths with ships or submarines, to prevent neutral armies from moving through, it is now enough to just place them there with their standard setting "fire at will" (free for everyone, standard setting of …