Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 76.

• FYI, points ARE credited toward advancement of rank, just not K/D.

• Definitely a bug: Game# 2766154, Day 5 in Tole Bi. Persian forces were engaged in battle with a Turkmen unit already reduced to 1 hp. A Volga Perm AC rolled in and killed the Turmen unit. Perm was definitely the aggressor, but the WH report blamed Persia for a surprise attack. Somehow, Perm’s AC moving into Persia’s static position wasn’t recognized as an act of war. Such a black mark on a country's reputation has consequences. It may be too late for Persia, but please correct this to prevent fu…

• Messages skip typing

Nooberium - - Bug Reports and Issues

It's been doing that for as long as I remember on PC. Seems to happen mostly when there is a pending trade or a completed trade in the dialog. If trades all completed, try deleting them. For long messages, it may be better to use a text editor then cut & paste into message.

• Stagnant statistics

Currently in Game# 2766154. This is now the second round where no matter what happens, my K/D numbers do not change. Points are still received toward rank advancement when enemy units are killed, however.

• Research Balancing Update

Nooberium - - News

I played a FP round with the new research tree. General strategy for building a strong nation based on game experience was made obsolete, requiring lots of on-the-fly decisions based on circumstances. What is the current priority? Many times economic expansion was delayed so units could be produced or upgraded. Economically, the changes will require experienced players to rethink everything. Better or worse? IDK, probably just depends on player preferences. Earlier research times may not matter …

• Restrisiko's example is typical, but the WH is not entirely reliable. In my last round, I received more than one useless notification like the OP's example. Also note that the WH does not report all casualties. I remember destroying a stack of 13 units but the two reports in the WH reported only 7 in total.

• Game #2753355 on 3x3 event map was ranked and didn't credit ANY player kills the entire round.

• New relationships

Nooberium - - Archive

@Kanaris: "units in the sea behave exactly like units on land with a nation you have RoW" - Yes, there is an implied RoW with all nations at sea unless at war. "putting up a blockade implies a state of war" - I disagree, especially for a defensive position. It would be a state of POTENTIAL war, not unlike ordering a unit into another player's position. Not a war until units engage. "Your ships should only fire if a state of war already exists." - Purely a matter of opinion, and again I disagree.…

• One round played on 22p map. These changes made my ‘standard’ development strategy obsolete. The switch from Goods to Food alone forced a complete reevaluation of economic and research priorities. The availability of stronger units sooner wasn’t as big a deal though. For example, can research MechInf early but it still takes the same amount of time/resources to build Barrack3 so still not able to *produce* one for several days. Just because units researchable early doesn’t necessarily mean fast …

• new country colours

Quote from CoralWar: “parameters' menu ” I found no such thing. What did I miss?

• Tag a friend

Nooberium - - News

Game #2705264 on Chrome/PC. Relations button appears on the right. Turning it on changes the color scheme but not clear that gives any info on relations. None of the Tag icons anywhere. Is this because round was in progress when change happened?

• Paratroopers darken the Skies

Nooberium - - News

Q: Since paras don't attack until they land, can patrolling interceptors shoot them down or must they be ordered to attack?

• Arty and SPArty are both excellent for the reasons stated above. Having faced RRGs in battle, I consider them mostly an annoyance in a land campaign but a bit of a deterrent against shore landings. I've never built a RRG but have captured ICs building them. They were too slow to keep up with the action in those situations.

• Quote from Edepedable: “1 - the unit build depends on your enemy, though as a standard it is decent, there is no sure way to be safe the farther you are away of the start of a map. 2 - you will not always be able to spend as many goods as is described here. Building infra in ALL your resource provinces when you start might not be in your best interest. Building all the infra might mean that you will not be able to build units, do research or upgrade your IC later on. 3 - building 1 additional ne…

• Frontline Pioneer

Cannot open FP game# 2705264. Appears to start loading and then hangs. No problem with non-FP round.

• Friends system!

Nooberium - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from patriota75: “It is more fair. ” All is fair in love and war. Quote from iDragons: “it seems really inconvenient that the only way I can contact them again is either through sending mail or joining their alliance. ” Seriously?

• Nobody mentioned this, but Lvl 1 Militia do NO damage to buildings. Not sure how much it helps, but I use them to take ICs after clearing troops with Arty or Air to minimize repair costs. When barracks with Militia in production is captured, don't need to occupy an IC that can produce something better (i.e., anything else).

• THE GOLD

Nooberium - - Suggestions / Criticism

I suspect most coiners are newbs. The first time I met one, we had a WH shouting match. He beelined from Russia to S.America to crush me and I just quit. The next time, I convinced him to join my coalition. I explained to a third that good players see them as lame and some players just quit but others do their best to make it as expensive as possible. He also joined coalition. Could diplomacy be a counter to gold use?

• I was surprised to see a post so closely describing the reasons I play the way I do. One major difference: I put more emphasis on air and less on armor. One research slot is used for Int/Tac ASAP, LT researched after Arty in the other. Probably just a matter of taste. Of course, some situations may require adjustments.

• Frontline Pioneer

Tried to join FP game #2704986. Pressed the 'Join' button and it kicked me out to the Community/News tab. Received a message that I had been kicked from the round for not joining in 10 minutes. The round still appears in 'My Games'.