Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 95.

• Fire at will!

gusv - - News

Agree with EZ Dolittle ... Overnight I lost 4 troops in convoy transports across the Atlantic Ocean to reinforce an ally ... The convoy supposedly attacked (at fire at will default mode) a neutral nation's destroyer! ... As you may have guessed, I lost my 4 troops to the destroyer's return fire ... And I got myself into an unnecessary war! ...

• It seems that you guys took care of the problem .. Tx ...

• May be ready to play another game about a week from now ... I just started playing the 39 historical map (I'm a WW2 history freak) ... I try to play not more than one game at a time. And I got 1 coalition partner that I think may be going inactive soon.

• I'm relatively new to this game, and I enjoy the presence of more experienced players that can teach me a lesson or two. Thus I don't mind playing with somebody over level 50. However, I've seen that in some games entry is restricted to prevent newcomers from coming in- I guess to prevent a high dropout ratio and keep up high quality of play. I just made it above level 40, so I wish they kept the restriction at 40+ so I can play ... (-:

• Read my stats

gusv - - General Discussions

Enjoyed reading everybody's comments, but ... What is a TB? ...

• subs causing wars

gusv - - Bug Reports and Issues

I rarely like to give give ROW to nations that are not my coalition allies.

• Units firing on neutral units

I rarely like to give give ROW to nations that are not my coalition allies.

• Units firing on neutral units

I think that they should have left the fire at will like it was (firing only at enemies) and created instead a blockade command (firing at both enemies and neutral countries trying to run the blockade) ... smiley36.gif

• subs causing wars

gusv - - Bug Reports and Issues

I think that they should have left the fire at will like it was (firing only at enemies) and created instead a blockade command (firing at both enemies and neutral countries trying to run the blockade) ...

• Have an issue of this kind in game 2,800, 460 ... I'm Spain, have taken over 90% of France, and I'm at war with Germany ... Germany has a AA unit in Brugge (a province they took from Belgium) ... But when I click on unit, funky things happen ... the latest one is that some other different German unit in Frankfurt shows up in unit detail window ... I have refreshed game and restarted computer, but problem persists ... Can you guys fix this in your server (.P.S. I have a Mac) ...

• Read my stats

I agree with Kanaris in that spending gold is not by any means a guarantee of how good your opponent's actually are... But I would check stats like K/D ratio and % of games won as an indication of how good they are- whether they are big gold spenders or not ...

• I agree with Phonie2 ... My first game on the 22-player tutorial map was actually like on the job training ... Although I had strategic game experience from old Risk and Avalon Hill games, plus Civilization 2 I was fortunate to win solo because there were not any experienced players in that first game, like the two I found in my second game ... and I won in coalition with them ...

• Read my stats

Is K/D ratio a function of number of units killed? ... Or perhaps a function of manpower killed (thus infantry units killed weight more in the formula)? I'm a believer that a high K/D ratio is important. However, I have a current game where a more experienced player (level over 70, I'm 43) had a kill ratio of about 3 to one over me. Yet, to my surprise, I took over a dozen provinces before we made peace (He was slaughtering a coalition ally). I had a larger army and more gold- so the Red China e…

• Fire at will!

gusv - - News

I would like to point out that Freezy brought up a good point early on this thread: "1).. so players without High Command (..with the standard setting), either will (could) sooner or later get automatically in war against every seafaring nation .. !?! 2).. or should grant at least RoW to all nations (also to all, at least maritime, players nations) as a precaution to avoiding inadvertent wars -- and thereby take the (rest)risk that RoW can provide for surprising and deep invasions "at night and …

• I don't know the exact criteria that CoW uses for a rebelling country to choose who they are going to join. But I suspect the following 4 factors: 1) Original country; 2) Close neighbor with high morale; 3) Close neighbor with good economy; and 4) Close neighbor with high VP count.

• 1935 CoW Rp: History Repeats

gusv - - Roleplaying Threads

Will this be a map separate from the 1939 Historical, with different rules, and questions about reading and accepting the rules? Has CoW agreed to do this? ...

• I agree with nemuritor98 that you can buy manpower with gold. You can also buy other resources with it (e.g. oil, food, etc.). I highly recommend the $29.99 package ...

• It happened again in my newest game at 39 Historical Map! Two neutral ships passing by each other results in shooting match! CoW's last update changed fire at will default from 'firing at enemy ships' to 'firing at both enemy and neutral ships', thus resulting in an undeclared war when two neutral ships pass each other. They should create a new blockade command to replace faulty new feature.

• The issue with conquering more provinces is that their productivity is 25% of that of a home province. As you create more military units, the food and oil consumption will nearly kill your game if you are not careful ...

• Personally, I would be reluctant to give right of way to any non-ally or neutral country ... This update is insane because it will put you at war with any nation that you happen to pass by in the open seas ...