Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 101.

• People who drop do not think that way. They simply do not bother with the game position. This also allows for a simple out and replacement.

• I have seen new tutorial games where 19 of 22 players never placed a set of orders in the game. Another where 16 of 22 never placed orders. What we need to do is to have a rule/design where when you sign up for a game that is running you MUST put in a set of orders or the position will be replaced within a very very short period of time, like 1 hour to 6 hours. This will cut down on the 'OH MY GOD I have Poland" and I am not playing, or the "I did not want this after all". \ Please support the i…

• I have followed a game where the alliance was Germany-Poland-Spain. and they are doing very well.

• Fire at will!

EZ Dolittle - - News

Count yourself lucky. In my game another player has lost 16 units in a convoy.

• Fire at will!

EZ Dolittle - - News

I put all my subs on Return Fire to avoid problems. At this point it appears that every troop convoy in my game is determined to surprise attack my sub. *(my poor guys are minding their business at the bottom of the sea and these troop convoys manage to somehow attack them... the nerve of them !!!) I and my friendly gamers are trying to figure out a way that a troop convoy does not attack anyone. What may be needed is that the Troop Convoy is blockaded and does not go further but quite frankly a…

• So I have a group of convoys with a carrier group in the center. Problem is that I go to select the air wing so as to provide air cover and anti submarine patrols and it is nearly impossible to get to select just the air group. Any tips or techniques that I am missing as this is a big issue.

• Punch group has yet to do an alliance challenge. We would like to try and see if we can rise to the challenge. Would look at a 3x3 4x4 and 5x5 Please write to me on ideas and offers and how you would like to make the scenario Thanks EZ Doesit

• There is this function for the leader in a game to become the ADMIN of the game where apparently you can replace inactive players. However it seems that all you can do is to clear out all but not less than all inactive players. Has anyone actually used this function and if so 1. can you selectively eliminate a player 2. can you selectively replace a player in a specific country.

• In quite a few games there are cases where you run out of food and are negative on the food hourly production. The work around question is this: If an hour before day change you trade in or buy in several thousand food over and above your hourly negative, then when the day change comes will it not have a negative result for morale on your provinces because for that hour they have food?

• New Feature: Scenario Rotation

EZ Dolittle - - News

I believe the answer to the drop out rate may be a fast replacement rate. In day one if you do not move within 6 hours of a country assignment you are kicked out and another player put in the spot. If you make a move in Day one and then do not move in Day 2, you are kicked out and a new player put in at the start of day 3. Then rather than having the Admin player replace people, which by the way I have never seen done, allow for the inactive players over a certain size be automatically replaced …

• just finished a historic game. I was the last one to fill the game. I got Mongolia. When game ended it was just the three of us in a coalition: Spain, manchuko and me. Sometimes it is not the best countries that make but those that do not give up.

• urgh. I just jumped transport level to cross the Pacific.....

• Right now, regardless of the game size, when you get down to 3 players there is an option to vote to retire/end the game. That is fine for games with 10, 22, 25 players but I feel should be changed for the larger maps with the greater number of players. I suggest that for 50 player maps it should be 5 players For 100 player maps it should be 6 players. Remember this is still a unanimous vote requirement, it just solves the boring grinding out points by the dominant obvious winner/coalition with …

• Fire at will!

EZ Dolittle - - News

I just ran into an additional problem with the Fire at Will change: a player who only plays by mobile cannot change his fire setting. also it appears that Convoys of troops will start to engage other ships. I have a bug in a Beta game where two convoys from different countries engaged each other and are locked in combat for a single round and the countries do not go to war but the convoys are stuck in a perpetual locked combat with no additional combats.

EZ Dolittle - - News

i believe on a general design philosophy it is better to reward players than punish them. For example at the start of the game the player gets a bonus every three days of continuous play such as resources in that game only. Alternatively if you are into punishment on day one anyone who does make a move is automatically tossed out on day one and replaced. The replacement player given a 10% resource bonus and automatically is given all the researches at or under an hour as completed . This turns o…

EZ Dolittle - - News

I am not sure that having the "when full" mandatory will do much to improve the game. We already have a 25% drop out rate in the first 4-5 days. Having people sign up for a game and then waiting a few days longer will cause that number to increase because in todays game player environment they want to get into something and get going right away. The get going right away aspect is one reason that I like the shorter research line as it allows for more things to happen earlier. The faster players b…

• Fire at will!

EZ Dolittle - - News

The fire at will has caused some wars in my games including AI on AI like I have never seen before. Also there is a problem at places like Gibraltar. There are two Coalitions and they are at peace with my coalition, we sail through the Straights and suddenly everyone is firing on everyone. We cannot give Right of Way to avoid the wars. I think this needs to be fixed, maybe have a new category that says 'fire on all neutrals and at peace'

• Fire at will!

EZ Dolittle - - News

Doe this apply to new games or ALL GAMES CURRENTLY

• Airfields

EZ Dolittle - - Suggestions / Criticism

It used to be that an airfield could be used if it was 51% operational. Now it appears that if you need 100% of a Level 1 airfield to be operational. This means that a single successful sabotage can ground an airfield level 1. Was this intentional or an unintended consequence?

• Looks like we are ending it with 3 active players on day 8... so do not bother